Monday, March 11, 2024

Promotion to Murder

PRELUDE-

It was Monday Morning...Start of a new week

 Me, Attorney Keith Jones, My wife, Beatrice Evans Jones and our friends and associates,Sofia Garcia-Ahmed and Kahlil Ahmed all walked into our conference room... This was a rare Monday Morning meeting that Ms. Yvette had called.. She hadn't arrived yet...


"I got a text from Ms. Yvette this morning, saying we had a special meeting...Wonder what this is about?" I asked as the four of us sat down...
"Last time we had a meeting like this..We were told that Ms. Yvette made partner and that were moving here.."said Bee Bee.
"I don't think this is that kind of meeting." said Sofia.
"No...I don't either..maybe we got a big money paying client." said Kahlil...

Ms. Virginia saw us sitting down and she walked in with four gift boxes...our names were on each..

"Ouuu these boxes are cute!! Whatever is in them, I'm keeping the boxes.."laughed Sofia.
"It's no one's birthday....What is this?" I asked.
"Just wait...Ms. Yvette will be here shortly."said Virginia.
"The suspense is killing me." said Bee Bee.
"This is like Christmas." said Kahlil.
Ms . Jade walked in...She was smiling and she sat down with us....


Ms. Yvette walked in with a big smile on her face....

"Guys, Gals, this is a long time coming....The four of you have consistantly brought in name and billable clients, you've consistantly partnered with other attorneys and shown yourselves to be quite competant...I am here by PROMOTING the four of you from Associate Attorneys to SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEYS...." she said... "Open your gift boxes." she said.

"OHHHHHHH WOWWWWW! THANK YOU!" I said.

There was a desk counter with my name on it that said "Senior Associate Attorney Keith Jones."
and a new sign for my office that said the same thing... Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil got the same thing...

"OHHHHHHH WOWWWWW LOOK AT THIS! THANK YOU!!!" said Bee Bee.
"OHHHHH MYYYYY! GRACIAS" said Sofia..
"MOM WOULD BE PROUD!!! THANK YOUUUU!"said Kahlil.

"Those promotions come with a significant bump in salary, which will be reflected in your next paycheck..."said Ms. Yvette.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THANK YOUUUUU!" said a teary eyed Bee Bee 
"THANK YOU MS.YVETTE...WE LOVE YOUUUU!" said a teary eyed Sofia.
"THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!" I said.
"THANK YOU MS.YVETTE.." said Kahlil, almost in tears himself.

The four of us hugged Ms. Yvette... We were grateful to her...She had hired out right after we passed the bar, gave us our first taste of good money and mentored and nurtured us to this point in our careers...I'm certain we were far ahead of a lot of our classmates who had graduated with us.,.Our own offices, Senior Associate Attorneys...good pay and benefits.....
"You all are worth every penny invested in you and more."said Ms. Yvette. "Thank You!" she said.

Ms. Jade and Ms. Virginia hugged us..

"CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!" said Jade...

"CONGRATULATIONS PEOPLE!" said Ms. Virginia.

Our surprise wasn't over....


Ms. Virginia wheeled a huge Congratulations Cake into the conference room and to our surprise...The room was filled with our friends and well wishers.. 

"Congratulations....I feel like you guys are my babies too!"said Olivia with tears in her eyes , hugging the four of us...
 
"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Donnie Ray..


"I'm so Happy for you guys...YOU ARE MY BABIES!" said Beverly, hugging us...
"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Nelson...

"Congratulations guys...We all were in the trenches together..." said Josie...who was mentored in part by Ms. Yvette, when she first passed the bar...
Her husband Paris looked on....Our two groups were especially close and had been close since day one.

"Congratulations guys..I'm like Josie..You four, Josie and me all came up together." said Bresha...
"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said her husband, Tony...

"Congratulations Babies...Much success in the future.."said Alfreda, who had come along...



''My little friends, I love yall...Congratulations." said Jazzy, kissing and hugging us all.
 

"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Dabnis

"Awwwww Congratulations Bee Bee, Sofia, Keith, Kahlil...Well deserved." said Kayla, kissing and hugging us all..
"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said her husband, Ray...



"Awwwww 1st round of your drinks is on me...Friday Night." said Jessica.

"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Chip.



"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Karen Page...





"2nd round of drinks is on me Friday Night." said Natalie..

"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said her husband, David...

"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Brooke.

"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said her husband Sean, who had walked over from the Federal Courthouse.

"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Zoey...
"Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said her husband, Lem.


"Wow!!! I'm so happy for yall.."Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said Renee.



" Yeah...Well deserved.."Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...."said her husband, Tyrell.



"It's not a party with Champaigne." said Virginia's husband, Judge Jetty Dukes , who also worked in our building.. ""Congratulations Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil...." he said.



He came with two bottles of champaigne and glasses for everyone....

"What A day....I can't imagine working the rest of the day."said Bee Bee..
"Me neither."I laughed..

"Work?  You guys are going home after this celebration is over...You've got the rest of the day off..but be on time tomorrow."laughed Ms. Yvette..

"Oh wowwww...We love you Ms. Yvette.." said Sofia, hugging her...
"Thank you...This is the best Monday ever."laughed Kahlil..

It was for us at least...




II-


In another part of town at a tony apartment complex....


"Mmmmmmmmmmm" moaned the man...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" moaned the woman as they kissed passionately....

"Ouuuuuuuu if my husband knew I was here, he'd kill you...me too!" said the woman, popular radio and podcast host,Anna Collins...
"Thank goodness he's in Denver..."laughed the man, Producer, Cory Ruffin..."I've wanted to get you in the sack for the longest time." he said. She knew that and had resisted his advances for a long time too!
but had given in for a chance to move her popular radio show to prime time, a bigger office and a much bigger paycheck!

"OHHHHHH ANNA YOU SMELL SO GOOD AND YOU'VE GOT THE SOFTEST LIPS.."moaned Cory Ruffin...

"OUUUUUU FLATTTERY WILL GET YOU EVERYWHERE!" Anna cooed..
The kissing got hotter, steamier...
He unsnapped her bra and slipped her panties down...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" she cooed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....AWWWWWWWWWWWWW" he cried out...



He spread her legs open and entered her from behind...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, UMMMMMMMMMM YOU NASTY DOGGGG!" she cried out..

"AWWWW LAWDDDDDD!" he cried out....

"I'VE GONE BLACK AND I CAN'T  GO BACK.....LAWWWWWWD!" he cried out... He was white, but he loved Black women...the way their skin felt, the way they smelled, the works and everybody at the radio station knew it!

"OH SHUT UP!! TEE HEE!" she giggled.

He had been after her for two years....She had finally gave in to his advances three months ago....This was the third time they'd slept together...Sleeping with him had gotten her Radio show moved from Drive time to the more lucrative Morning slot...and had gotten her a considerable raise.




He placed her on the bathroom sink and again spread her legs and began thrusting away inside of her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!" she cooed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY! he cried out...He'd give her anything she wanted at this point...

He lifted her up....and entered her again and carried her from the bathroom to his bedroom...

"AWWWWWWWWW LAWDDDDD" he cried out...

She began to tremble....Sweat and tears began to stream down the sides of her face......
By the time they made it to the bed....She was close to losing her mind...

Again...her body began to tremble....sweat and tears began to stream down the sides of her face......
They made sweet love for EIGHT TO NINE HOURS......





She lie on top of Corey....but only for a few minutes....She felt guilty about cheating on her husband...but it had gotten her a considerable raise and other benefits....It's not like she was in love with this man....and not like he was in love with her..She knew he made a pass at every new woman at the station and especially if they were Black or Latina... Office scuttlebutt was that he liked "dark meat"

"Corey...Corey, I can't stay .....I've got to get home...My husband might call me...I need to be there..| she said..

"Awwwwwwwwww Anna...I need you..." he said.

''Don't beg....you've had quite enough of me.." she giggled.


She took a nice long hot shower.....lotioned down and got dressed...

She leaned down and kissed him...


"See ya later Corey." she said..



She left the apartment complex....


He smiled and sat in his bathtub...The warm water filled the tub and began swirling around... He laid back and closed his eyes....

That's why he didn't hear the door of his apartment open or hear the person slip into his apartment..and his bathroom and aim the gun at him..


and fire one shot!!! One shot that pierced his heart....killing him instantly......

"LYING, CHEATING BASTARD!!" came the voice of the person ,who then turned and walked out, exiting from the back steps into the driveway....


Miles away across the city... The four of us...Myself, Bee Bee, Sofia and Kahlil arrived at our homes..
Everybody was still at work...We had the rest of the day off..and we wanted to "celebrate" our promotions..We waved goodbye to each other and entered our homes....




Bee Bee and I kissed passionately in the doorway of our bedroom....

"CONGRATULATIONS SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY BEATRICE EVANS-JONES!" I moaned in between sloppy kisses..

"CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TOO! SENIOR ASSOCIATE KEITH JONES.." she cooed.
Bee Bee was wearing another sheer see through Baby doll.....She had just taken a hot shower and walked into our bedroom..

My eyes popped out of my head..She had on a new bra and matching panties that I hadn't seen before.

She giggled..

"Oh my goddd..look at you...Are you going to act like this all the time?..WOW!!! That boner is massive." she said and put her hands over her mouth..

"I'm gonna start watching you when you get dressed in the morning."I said.

"You need to!" she laughed..
I pulled her towards me...Is this something you bought at Bridget's store the other day?" I asked.

"Yes, the bra, the panties and the baby doll...I knew you'd like it." she giggled..

"I like everything on you.." I said.

"Awwwwwwwwwwww" she giggled.

I undressed and  unhooked her bra  and slipped her panties down and off  and took her into my arms and kissed her softly....

Who could ask for anything more?




"Ohhhhh my godddd, Bee Bee..."I moaned...She knew what I liked.


"Ummmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuu you are so hard....Ouuuuuu, look at youuuu!" she exclaimed as she stroked me lightly...




We lie across the bed, kissing and practically slobbering over each other....


"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bee Bee..." I moaned..

"OH MY GODDDDD YOU'RE SO BIGGG!. SO DAMN HARD HOT STUFF! OUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..



"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOT STUFFF!" she cried out....She had been calling me that ever since the first time we made love...

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YOU FEEL SO DAMN GOOD!" I cried out...

"SO DO YOU HOT STUFF...OUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.



Soon we were making love passionately on top of the bed..

The next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS, all we were thinking about was each other..

The same was next door at Kahlil and Sofia's house..



Sofia and Kahlil were lying across the bed..


Kissing ,fondling and laughing..




He unhooked her bra and  slipped her panties down and off...







"OHHHHHHHH MAMASITA!!!" he moaned...

"OUUUUUUUU PAPI, YOU ARE A BIG BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" she cooed...
"UMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUU PAPI...AYE MIOS DIOS! You are sooo damn hard! OUUUUU! AND BIG! AYE MIOS DIOS" Sofia moaned  as she rode him on the side of the bed until neither one of them could take anymore...




"You've always gotten me hard mamasita." said Kahlil.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! AYE YI YIIIIIIIIIIII" she cooed.




before they too were making sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!

And at our Office in the Bridge Building..
"I was so happy for the kids...They deserved their promotions...They've really worked hard. I wonder what they're doing right now?" asked Ms. Virginia.
"You have to ask?  They are screwing each other's brains out."laughed Ms. Yvette..


"Yeah, I imagine they are.."laughed Ms. Virginia....

Ms. Jade smiled...



III-

The Next Morning-
"Damn, what a way to go.....in the bath tub...."said a CSI man..

"Right through the heart." said another man..

"There is a loaded condom in the waste basket..."said another man..

"And KY Jelly in a tube on the sink...This guy had just got laid..." said yet another man who was snapping photos...

"Well that is a nice way to go out.." said another man...

They all laughed...

The lifeless body of  Cory Ruffin was still in the bath tub...the warm water had turned a crimson red now..

Dr. Hazel Baylor felt the body....

"Rigor has set in...He was definitely killed yesterday afternoon, but it's hard to tell...He's been in this water so long...it will be difficult to get an exact time of death...." she said.
"He had a female visitor before he died..." said Dr. Marcy Templeton.. She opened a drawer..

"OHHHH MYYYY...she likes expensive things....these are cute" she said looking at the pretty printed and colored bras and panties.


"Apparently he has a constant female visitor....She has a drawer , one drawer in his bedroom..."said Marcy.


"VA VA VA VOOOOOM!" said Lt. Tragg marveling at the pretty panties and bras... He looked at the murder victim in the bathroom in the tub...

"Who is he?" he asked.


"His drivers license says he's Cory Ruffin, a Producer at Radio Station WZZT FM...He produces Podcasts and uh the morning radio show and a few other things...He produces B.L. Benz's Podcast." said one of the CSI men..


"Don't mention that chizzler to me...."said Lt. Tragg...



Hazel and Marcy looked at each other and smiled.



THAT SAME MORNING AT THE BRIDGE BUILDING
We sat with our friends in our cafeteria, having breakfast...

"So you guys celebrated last night...Did you go out to dinner?" asked Jazzy..

"Noooooooooooo, we had a little private ceremony, just the two of us." said Bee Bee,leaning her head on my shoulders....
I smiled sheepishly...


 
"Okayyyyyyyy......I know what kind of celebration that was....I suppose you two had a ahhh private ceremony too." said Jazzy's husband, Dabnis, smiling slyly and looking at Sofia and Kahlil.


Sofia and Kahlil smiled sheepishly, saying nothing..


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YALL NASTYYYY!" joked Kayla..
"SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEET NO MORE NASTY THAN YOU MOST NIGHTS!" said her husband, Ray...
We all burst into laughter..
"RAYYYYYYYYYYYY!" said an embarrased Kayla, playfully swatting at her husband..
"WHATTTTTTTTTT?" laughed Ray...
''Don't you say a word."laughed Jazzy ,looking at her husband..

"WHATTTT? who me?"laughed Dabnis sheepishly...





"We all had private ceremonies last night...We are a big loving group."joked Jessica.

"Yeah a big loving group.." joked Chip,

which was met by more laughter...


"Well look who it is....Anna Braithwaite...I haven' seen you since law school, but I do listen to your podcast..." said Karen..

"It's Anna Collins now, I'm married....I married a lawyer, even though I didn't become one." said Anna.


"We listen to the recap of your radio show sometimes when we are up getting dressed for work." said Natalie.


"You went to law school with Karen huh?" said her husband, David.

"I did...with Karen, Ms. Yvette ,Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Sharon Hopkins...Tony Hopkins We all graduated together..The difference is...They passed the bar on their first crack...I failed.. I took it again two years later and failed again...So Since Broadcast Journalism had been my major at Temple...I went into that...I was on a lot of small radio stations in Atlantic City, Wilmington Deleware, even Pittsburgh PA. before landing this plum job back here in Philly." said Anna Collins.


"You know they say the third time's the charm....We have people here who are excellent in helping you prepare to take the bar." said Brooke.

"It's a shame you went to law school and graduated and didn't pass the bar..." said her husband Sean..


"I've considered giving it another crack...who knows?" said Anna Collins.
''Although, you're doing quite good on the radio...You have a nationally syndicated show now." said Zoey...
"And I hear it's simulcast in New York City too."said Lem..

"Ahhh good to know I have fans..."said Anna Collins...

"We listen to your PODCAST all the time." said Renee..



"We love it!" said her husband Tyrell.

"My wife is an attorney, she listens to it... I'm in law school right now." said Paris.

"Oh good for you....Where do you attend?" asked Anna Collins.


"Middleton Law School in Bayside." said Paris.

"My wife and I both graduated from there....His wife and my wife both work for Olivia Bennett-Alexander as Associate Attorneys." said Tony....

"Ouuuu...I've got to drop in and see Livy.." said Anna Collins. "Vettie it's so nice to see you...All of you guys have gotten married.. Olivia is married, got her own law firm....You made partner, got your own suite in this lovely new building with all these lovely people..." she said. 

 "Let me introduce you to my staff....They all got promoted to Senior Associate Attorney yesterday...

This is Keith Jones...

"Pleased to meet you." I said.
"His beautiful wife, Beatrice Evans-Jones, we call her Bee Bee."

"Hello ,pleased to make your acquaintence." said Bee Bee.
"Sofia Garcia-Ahmed. I call her Little Mamasita"

"Hola!  Pleased to make your acquaintence." said Sofia...
"And her husband, Kahlil Ahmed."

"Hello, pleased to meet you." said Kahlil.
"This is my in house investigator, Mrs. Jade Lee-Ho."

"Hello" said Jade.

"And my office manager and legal consultant, Mrs. Virginia Shaw Dukes."


"Hiiii, pleased to meet you." said Ms. Virginia.


"You guys are alright....You got a business card Vettie? Always good to have a lawyer on speed dial and in my pocketbook."laughed Anna.



"Sure..you never know when you'll need a lawyer " joked Yvette...

For Anna that would be sooner than she thought.

IV-



HOURS LATER-


Anna had packed an overnite bag and walked up to Corey's apartment....She had no idea he was dead, murdered...She saw the crime scene tape..






She saw the CSI guys and detectives packing up and leaving..


and saw a body bag with a body in it, being wheeled out.... 


She assessed the situation and wisely decided this would be a good time to vanish into the darkness of the afternoon, only she was too late...



"Hold it right there!! Who are you? Where do you think you're going?" said Lt. Tragg.....

It was indeed too late!




We sat in our conference room not doing anything really, just kicking back....

 

 "Look at us....When I met you guys....I was what you are now, a Senior Associate Attorney....Now you guys are all Senior Associates...well deserved." said a smiling Ms. Yvette.

''We need a big juicy case to prove it now." I laughed.
"One will come soon enough...Don't Jinx us." laughed Bee Bee.
"That's right.." said Sofia , smiling...
"Yeah man." said Kahlil...
"Let's enjoy the peace!" said Jade.


"I have a feeling a big case is right around the corner."laughed Ms. Yvette. She didn't know it...None of us did...but she was never more correct.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

5 comments:

  1. So Nice to see the kids get promotions....They deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to start the week Keith....Kids getting promotions and a fresh murder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've gone Black and I can't go back....lawwwd" Funniest line ever! I laughed until I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Murdered after you've had good sex...soooo uncool! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Standing and Applauding and just throwing my panties sky high! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU this episode was soo hot!

    ReplyDelete