Monday, October 16, 2023

Still Death


 "Ummmm that looks sexy ." I said , admiring a glossy of my wife, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander , hanging up in the Calloway's Art Gallery...

"OH MY GODDDD!" I said looking at yet another photo of her...



And the final phot of her had me gasping for air..


I am the very fortunate, Former New Orleans Homicide Detective and sometime musician named Donnie Ray Alexander , who crossed paths with Olivia one night , during Essence Fest, when I was playing trumpet with a small quartet at a local Club, and she just happened to walk in, two nights straight with a sheer Yellow Mini skirt on and sat up front...making sure she caught me attention...

She's had it ever sense... I retired from my job and moved to Philadelphia and hooked up with her , becoming her investigator for the new law firm she was starting...and eventually married her..That was 10 years ago..We've been together ever sense...

Today, we were in our friend , the Calloway's Art Gallery , 


where some new photos were being shown, among them , recent photos taken of my wife, Olivia....She was blushing and quite embarrassed the way I was carrying on...

"If you don't stop...I took those photos a month ago..." she explained..


"I don't care when you took them...You are gorgeous..." I said..


"Ohhhhhhhhhh you're just saying that because I'm your wife." she said and hugged me....


"I'm saying it because it's true.." I said.


"He's after all telling the truth and this comes from someone who has been photographing you since you were 23." came the voice of a white man about Olivia and my age...

"ARTIEEEEEE!" said a smiling Olivia, who hugged him....

"OLIVIA BABY!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING?" he said...


"You never told me these photos you took of me last month in New York were going to be blown up and used in an Art display?" said Olivia.

"You didn't ask.....is this your uh husband?" he asked.

"Yes , this is my husband, Donnie Ray Alexander...He's my investigator for  my law firm.." said Olivia.


"Pleased to make your acquaintence. I hear you've moved your operation to Philly." I said, shaking his hand...

"I've been here for about a year now... I live in a Condo down town... It's cheaper here in Philly...You don't know how lucky you are... I've been photographing your wife since she was 22 or 23 years old...She was a heartbreaker, even then...Several guys tried to date her...but she was strictly business. about that check and a quick ride back to Philly on Sunday afternoons.. She was deternined to be a lawyer... I thought she had a better career being a model..but I guess she knew best.."laughed Art Macklin..

"He was a real taskmaster....He brought us girls to tears many times..." laughed Olivia..


"But I got the best out of them....hah hah ha.....So you got a law firm huh?  I knew you'd make it big...You had that grit, that determination, that professionalism.... How many attorneys you got on staff or is it just you? You did mention you had a niece and a cousin that was thinking of following you into the profession." said Art Macklin..

"Oh they both did... here is a photo of my niece...

Her name is Mrs. Beverly West-East, she is my partner in my law firm...We started it together...


"This is her husband, Nelson  East....He is an Associate Attorney with us.....

"These are my two other Associate Attorneys,.,


"Mrs. Josie Boyd....She also helped us found the firm....



and Mrs. Bresha Billips...



and our office manager, Mrs. Alfreda Cambridge, Beverly's mother....My Brother's ex-girlfriend..."explained Olivia.



"This is my cousin...Her name is Kayla....She doesn't work for my firm, but she is an Attorney also...She and my niece are the same age, just a day apart in birth." said Olivia proudly, showing him a photo of Kayla.



"She is gorgeous....Just like you Olivia... Beautiful women you have working for you....I'd love to do a photo shoot on all of them, including Beverly's mom...wowwwwwww." said Art Macklin...



"Olivia....Donnie Rayy, how are you? How are my friends, Yvette Jones-Lockwood and her husband, Gary?" asked the curator of this gallery, the only Black owned Gallery in the city...Matthew Calloway..

"Oh they are just fine...I'll tell them you asked about them.."said Olivia..

"Liv, how are you....You've got to tell me where you got that Blue Tweed Mini Skirt and that Blue Gown...I am just raving over them..."said Virginia, his wife..




Looking at both photos....


"I got them both in New York...I'll give you the names of the boutique before I leave."said Olivia..



"Thank you doll...You are wearing that Tweed Mini Skirt..." laughed Virginia Calloway...






They had a beautiful Art Gallery...Hard to believe two or three years ago they both had been arrested and charged with a murder that had occurred here....



A Pretty young girl walked into the Gallery just then...She had a wrapped gift and several cameras in her hand.. She walked into the back..Her name was Julia Romney...


Art Macklin looked incensed...livid...He followed her to the back...

"Julie?  You're 45 minutes late...Where the hell you been?" he said.



"Don't get your panties in a bunch....I stopped to get some lunch and then I bought you a present...It's your birthday tomorrow...Open it up and don't worry...Look above you..." she said.


"I set them up last night before I left...Time Lapse Cameras...They've been photographing everything, every 15-20 minutes....We didn't miss a thing...Open your present.." she said, smiling cheerfully...

He tossed her present on the table dismissively...

"The thing is..you were supposed to be here 45 minutes ago....and you were not.... This is the third time you've been late for one of my events... Three strikes and you're out... I don't care about any present... Clear your locker out and hit the road..You're fired...Done!" he said.


"You're firing me? You can't fire me...I need my job, come on...I've got rent that has to be paid..Come on mannnnnn." she said..


"You should have thought about that before you strutted in here late with some lame gift and some dumb excuse....You're fired!  Now clear out!" he said.

"YOUUUUUUU BASTARD!! YOU SON OF A BITCH!" she said...



We all heard the loud exchange...



"Artie sure knows how to bring it out in people...He was a task master... rough on his models and even rougher on the people who worked for him..."said Olivia with a shrug...

"Yeah, I see." I said.


"Oh Myyyyyyy!" said Matt Calloway....
"I hate when things like this happen." said his wife..



II-

At a local Pawn Shop...

"What have you got there Missy?" asked the operator..

"I've got several cameras....how much can you give me for them?" asked Julie Romney...

"I'll give you $1200.00 for the whole bunch...." he said.


"Come Onnn, you can't do better than that?" she asked as the Pawn shop owner opened up the cameras'''



"Come on baby...they're used...and look...this one has film in it." he said.


Her eyes got as wide as saucers... "Oh my god...My film, my brand new film..." she exclaimed and took her money and rushed out of the store.

Later that same night...
We had returned home from the Art Gallery..
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU what a day this has been."..said Olivia as she took her heels off and undressed...

"You going to just stare at me or are you going to unzip me and help me out of my clothes?" she asked.






"Oh Gladly!  Yeah, This was a nice night.. Sorry that girl got fired...Did you know her?" I asked as I unzippered her dress and watched her step out of it and hang it in the closet with the rest of her clothes.
she daintily put her shoes in a seperate shoe closet that housed her other shoes..


"Never seen her before in my life...She is one of several young girls who worked for Artie...If they weren't sleeping with him, they got treated like crap....I was just a model and one of his favorites...He treated me slightly better." said Olivia..




"You didn't uh.?" I asked.


"No...not hardly...I was strictly professional...I came on time..I did my shoots and I left..I was saving all of my good loving for you...even though I didn't know you yet....Now come on...get undressed..." she assured me.

"YESSSSS MAMMMMMM!" I said.

As we continued to kiss each other passionately on the couch...

I  hurriedly took off my clothes and we were basically in a sphere of love and light and warmth, and the rest of the world just vanished. It was better than I ever could have dreamed, it was the thing I had been looking for, that perfect mix of love mixed with the rapture of sex...


"Ouuu Husband of mine...you are ready..." said Olivia staring at my erect and engorged penis...

"I should be used to this by now...my goodness...look at that big thing...I swear it gets bigger..ouuuuuuu." she said as we embraced and kissed each other passionately.


She stroked me softly...I was throbbing and shaking...Olivia whispered to me...

"It's alright...just relax....calm down...don't get too excited....oh my goodness...wouuuuuu!"
she said..

An  impossible task....







Especially after unsnapping her bra and  slipping her panties down and off...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHH OLIVIA....MY GOODNESS!" I said.

"WHAT?" she laughed devilishly.....

"Are these new?" I asked.

"Yessssssss.. I bought them two days ago at Bridget's place...Me and Beverly and Josie went there during lunch." she said.

"Tell Bridget I said Thank you.." I laughed..

"Tell yourself...You are soooo silly." she laughed.

The kissing got hotter and more passionate..

I bent Olivia over the dresser drawer, parted her legs and entered her doggie style.. She gasped as I entered her...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!" she moaned softly....her legs and then her arms trembling...her head moving from side to side..

and me losing my mind..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed out!





..and within minutes I was sitting on the side of the bed and
Olivia was sitting on top of me, easing herself down on my waiting penis..and moving up and down..

This was my favorite position, because I could look at her and kiss her passionately...She had a very quick, deep and intense orgasm that caused her body to tremble and her head to turn from side to side..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhhh baby....Ouuuuu,easy Donnie Ray...ouuuuu" she moaned...

"Damnnnnnnnnnnnn gurlllllll.ohhhhhhhh, you feel so good." I moaned... as I thrusted faster and faster inside of her....She was so round, so soft, so warm....

She wrapped her legs around me so she could take all of me in and I continued....as she moaned and groaned...We slowed it down some and got into a slow rhythm...

"Ouuuuu,ummmmm, I love you so much Donnie Ray." she moaned.. Tears streaming down the side of her face....

"I love you too Olivia..."I moaned..nearly out of breath as we continued to make sweet love...
..




 "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuu, you're as hard as an iron pipe..ouuuuuuu.." she cooed 





"Sure you're not on something?."she asked


"I'm on you" I responded.

She laughed and then tossed her head back...moaning softly...Her body quivering softly....Her breathing getting heavy..She was having yet another  deep and intense orgasm that caused her body to tremble and her head to turn from side to side..


EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of sweet and intense lovemaking went by..
.

"Ohhhhh...Ohhh my god Donnie Ray...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned...

"Ouuuuuuu...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Olivia....Ohhh my goddd.."I moaned as both of our bodies trembled.

Me riding Olivia  softly and slowly and me nearly losing my mind....I was like a machine tonight....I wanted to cum at this point, I was exhausted... but I couldn't...

FOUR MORE HOURS of sweet lovemaking followed...We were both enjoying ourselves immensely...


Olivia was sweating profusely and laughing one minute and crying the next....She began to climax slowly,intensely...her body shaking and she smiling the sweetest smile I had ever seen....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned...When I came it was so surprising and so intense that I began to shake myself....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I moaned...

We cuddled in the bed softly....

"That was nice..Whoooooooooooooooo...WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she said, her left leg still shaking...

"That was better than nice..."I said.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSS!" she moaned as I rubbed her butt...Her body trembled.


We both lay there trying to catch our breath...

"Olivia?" I said.

"Huh?" she answered..

"Funny what you think about at a time like this...I hope that girl is alright...She looked young, like she was just getting by...Losing that job could put her on the street...She looked like she was living from paycheck to paycheck." I said.

"I know...I've seen Artie ruin many a young girl's dreams like that..Like I told you...He was a real taskmaster...I was so glad when I knew him, I was in law school and my daddy was sending me a little stipend to help me pay my rent every month....He was so proud of me, finishing college and entering law school... The money I made from Artie was pocket change...but a lot of girls didn't have it that good. both Yvette and Karen's parents worked and scraped and sent them money...but it wasn't as much as I was making from working and from my daddy..."explained Olivia.

"This Artie...he didn't tolerate lateness..."I said.

"He didn't tolerate anything that didn't come from out of his head.. I see the years haven't mellowed him." said Olivia.

"He really is a very petty man." I said.

"But you knew that.. You could see that." she said..

And she got up and straddled me....



"UMMMMMMMMMMMM AND I CAN SEE THAT YOU HAVE A VERY BIG PENIS AND I'D LIKE SOME MORE!" she said as she moved down on me and  began to ride me like a surfer rides the waves..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I KNEW THAT!" I said softly...

She rode me softly and slowly for ONE MORE HOUR!!! until I came again like a gusher....and she climaxed again herself..


"You feel better now?" she asked..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssss!" I moaned..

"Good, now let's go to sleep." she said, lying across my chest and dozing off and I cupped her butt.



At the Art Gallery...



Several Crime Scene Investigators and police photographers, stood over the still body of  Artie Macklin.. He lie face up....His lifeless eyes staring at the ceiling...

"He took three shots to the chest...Two punctured his heart ,causing instant death and the other punctured the ling area." said one CSI guy.,..


Dr. Hazel Baylor, the Coroner felt the body and took the body temperature... "He's been dead about say three hours...I'd place time of death as a little after midnight.." she said.



''Who is the dead guy?" asked Homicide Lieutenant Arthur Tragg.


"His Name is Arthur Macklin....He's a photographer...From Out of New York... This is his exhibit.. as you see he took some photos of your uh friend up there." said one of the uniformed policemen pointing to the photos on the wall of Olivia Bennett-Alexander..











Lt. Tragg looked at the photos of Olivia...

"Soooooooooooooo Olivia obviously knew the dead guy.....I'll be paying her a visit." said Lt. Tragg..


"It's Four in the morning...She's probably sleeping...Leave her alone...She's not going anywhere."pleaded a disgusted Dr. Hazel Baylor.



Before Lt. Tragg could say anything to her...
One of the CSI Men pointed to the ceiling..

"Look Lieutenant...it's a time lapse camera and there is another one and they are still on....They probably got the entire murder on film...." he said.




"Yeah, get em down....and there is a camera over there on the floor with a roll of film in it.. get it developed..." he said,

He looked at Hazel...

"Where is Dr. Martin?" he asked.



"She's in Seattle... Her husband took a job there and she left with him....She's been gone a week now!" said Hazel...



''Damn it!" he scoffed..He'd miss Marcy....He hated dealing with Dr. Hazel Baylor as much as she hated working with him...

"Alright...bag hm and tag him and get that Autopsy report to me ASAP...Let's get out of here boyz." he said.



The lifeless body of the mercurial Arthur Mackey was put in a White Body Bag and strapped to a gurney and rolled out of the Art Gallery.




III-






"Breakfast is served everybody..." said Alfreda...












Pancakes , Hash Browns, Sausage, Eggs, Bacon, Orange Juice and Coffee was served.


"Mmmmmm, everything smells great." said Nelson as he sat down to the table..
''So how was the Art Gallery Last night?" asked Beverly..
"Oh it was wonderful.." cooed Olivia, sitting on my lap, with her arms around me and leaning her head into my chest...

"We had a great time..." I said, smiling...


''From the looks of you two...both during and afterwords."laughed Alfreda.

We had one extra guest at the breakfast table this morning...Josie's husband, Paris...


Josie was ecstatic to be eating breakfast with her husband....You could tell by the serene smile on her face as she and he ate...

Paris looked at her and smiled sheepishly.....


"You've got classes today Paris?" asked Olivia.


"Yeah, a late one...at 11:00 .  and one at 2:00... then tomorrow I have a class at 9:00, but I'll be taking that one virtually...I'll be at work with the guys." said Paris.

"When I was getting dressed for work this morning...The local news was on the Television...There was a shooting at the Art Gallery you guys were at last night... A Photographer named Arthur Mallick was shot and killed ...Police found him around 4:00 am this morning." said Bresha.

"WHATTTTTTTTTTTT? Artie Mallick?? We had just been with him...OH MY GODDD!!!" said a shocked Olivia.


"That's the guy you used to model for , right Auntay?? He used to photograph you.." said Beverly...

"In Fact...We just saw him last night...Three photos of me are part of his exhibit..." said Olivia.



"He expressed an interest in doing a photo shoot on you Shortcake and Josie and Bree and you too Alfreda...." I said..


"Really? Us?" said Beverly...
"He'd call the exhibit  "Lawyers in love"laughed Josie.

"Imagine that!" said Bresha, flattered.


"Yeah imagine that." said Alfreda...



''Wow! Did he have any enemies?" asked Nelson..


"Out the door and around the corner.....but in New York though...Not here in Philly." said Olivia.



And at the Art Gallery-


Lt. Tragg and Sgt Brice were interviewing the Gallery's owners, Matthew and Virginia Calloway.. Neither wanted to talk to Lt. Tragg...Three years ago when they first opened this gallery , he had arrested both of them and charged them with murder...Luckily , they had been acquitted.. There was obviously some animosity between the couple and Lt. Tragg, so Sgt, Brice talked to them..



"Did Mr. Macklin have any enemies?" asked Sgt. Brice.


"None that I know of... He had an exhibit here last night... In fact Olivia Bennett Alexander was one of his key focuses as you can see...She's the only person with three large photos on the wall.. Olivia and her husband Donnie Ray were here for the exhibit last night." said Matt Calloway.


''Apparently they have history...He used to photograph her when she was a young twenty something law student at PENN...She modeled for him for extra money for school..She and her husband were here last night...They got along famously." said Virginia.



''We are interested in who didn't like him.. We've retrieved the film from those Time Lapse cameras...at round 9:40...He appeared to be having an argument with this young girl here....Do you know her?? You know what the argument was about?" asked Lt. Tragg.

"She was one of his staff  photographers, A Local girl here from Philly...Her name was uh..Julie, Julia Romney...He fired her...because she was late for the exhibit.. She had bought him uh this unopened present...Today ironically enough is his birthday...He never opened the present...He tossed it aside and told her to pack her things...She was fired.. They didn't have a loud argument.. She called him a son of a bitch and she stormed out...but that was around quarter to ten...She didn't come back here..and he was here after we left...We gave him a pass key to unload his stuff...and lock up... When the driver got here with the truck...the door was wide open and he was lying on the floor , dead!  My husband and I were home...AND WE HAVE WITNESSES." said Virginia snarkily...in case Lt. Tragg was going to try and pin this murder on them..




"Relax, relax...you two aren't suspects....This girl, this Julie Romney....You got an address for her?" asked Lt. Tragg.




IV-



Our doorbell rang!


One look out of the window revealed an unmarked police car...


It was Lt. Tragg...

"Alfreda, let him in....I expected to see him today, Once Bresha gave me the news." said Olivia.


Alfreda opened the door...she said nothing...



"I'd like a word with your boss." said Lt. Tragg snidely...


Alfreda said nothing to him....She allowed him to come in and led him to the conference room where we all were seated..





''Hello Olivia....I suppose you've heard by now that your former photographer, Arthur Macklin was murdered last night...A little after midnight.. I understand you and Donnie Ray were in attendence..I saw his photos of you....Very nice work...The camera obviously loves you....You knew this guy didn't you?" he asked.

"Yes I did.. I've known him for years..I used to go to New York to model for him when I was in Law School. He got in touch with me recently and we hooked up... I went up to New York and he took those photos of me... I had no idea I was going to be part of an exhibit of his photos...He called me and told me about last night's exhibit..and Donnie Ray and I went...We were the only ones who attended.."said Olivia.


"Anything uh er unusual happen?" he asked.. I knew he was fishing for something...That was exactly how I'd question witnesses.

 
"No not really?  "I said..



"You didn't witness him in any kind of argument? I heard he was involved in a rather loud altercation.."said Lt. Tragg slyly...


"I wouldn't call that an altercation...A young woman named Julie something or Julia, who worked for him was 45 minutes late... He fired her on the spot...She called him a name...and she left...That was it...The whole thing lasted under a minute...and after that, the night was pretty much uneventful...."said Olivia.
"Is she your suspect?" said Beverly, who knew how he operated...Go for the easiest target...
Nelson smiled..

Josie snickered...


Bresha whispered to Alfreda. "That's your daughter."


"I know, she get it from her mama." said Alfreda, crossing her arms and smiling.


"That's police business...Thank you Olivia, Donnie Ray...I'll be leaving.." he said .

Alfreda walked him to the door...



He got in his car and pulled off....



"All and All...it was pretty civil...considering the visits we've had with him before." I said.


"You think he's going to go after this girl Auntay?   There is no proof she did anything...She got fired for being late, She stormed out...she called him a name...That means nothing." said Beverly.

" What you're saying is perfectly correct and logical....but him being involved with this case...You KNOW where this will lead.  Whoever that girl is...where ever she is...She's probably about to be arrested.. But...It's not our problem..I hope she gets good legal representation..."said Olivia.
"If she's a young girl... That was probably her bread and butter... She's without a job...without a means for paying bills, especially if she's living from paycheck to paycheck as all of us have...and now to add to her bad luck...Lt. Tragg arresting her for murder...wow!" said Josie.

"You're right Josie...I've felt the same way..When I was in law school, working a job for pocket change and working for a jerk of a boss...knowing that if I lost this job, I might not eat for awhile...I feel sorry for her."said Bresha,



"Maybe she has a suitable alibi....If not...Maybe she'll get a good Public defender." said Nelson...




Meanwhile in Kensington....



Julia Romney is ringing the doorbell of a residence..



An elderly white man answers the door.

"Julia....Welll Well, Welll Julia... I suppose you need money." he said.



"Dad I lost my job and I may need a place to crash....I think I might be in trouble." said Julia Romney.


(TO BE CONTINUED)



5 comments:

  1. "You Really know how to grab your reader's attention Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Toni said...Another Winner...I surrender, you've got me engaged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that Art Gallery and the two people that own it...I believe Yvette and her crew defended them....They aren't the defendents this time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties to the sky...Loved the sex scene between Olivia and Donnie Ray...

    ReplyDelete