Monday, October 9, 2023

It's Murder Baby!

PRELUDE-

A Bright beautiful Philadelphia Morning...

A rare morning that Ms. Yvette and our new building mate, Zoey didn't eat with us...They were having coffee in Sam Mother's Diner


"I always knew I'd work a case with you one day Zoey...This was fun.."laughed Ms. Yvette.
"It was...and kind of weird too...working in the building we both used to work in... This time  me not being a part of McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt, but being hired by you as a consultant."laughed Zoey..

"It means this week you'll get two checks, one from your new firm and one from McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt..."laughed Yvette.


"By the way...where are the kids?" asked Zoey...



"Well you know where Bee Bee is.. she's down in your office..




 







working a case with Jazzy, Kayla, your husband and Renee." said Yvette..


"Oh and he loves it...being around all of us women, plus working with me..tee hee. And it's wonders for our sex life....He can't keep his hands off of me..." laughed Zoey...



" Well that's great...I'm glad you two are happy.. Sofia and her husband Kahlil...





They are working a case with the Innocence Project and the Wrongful Conviction /Conviction Integrity Unit.


















They've been gone for a week now and so has Keith...


He's been working with Dabnis, Ray, Tony and Tyrell...He's also been gone for a week.now...."laughed Yvette,.












Paris has been helping them out as a para-legal and working with Jazzy and Kayla as a para-legal on their case as well." said Yvette.

''Wow Paris juggles his par-legal work with going to law school....excellent...The man , eats and sleeps law.. and your youngins....Guess I can't call em that anymore.. Working independent of you. They've come a long way...I remember when you first took charge of them...They were so young, so eager..so niave....but now they've grown into seasoned attorneys." laughed Zoey.


''They have...They have...I am so proud of the four of them....I only see them now on the train in the mornings and meal times..then they're off to their individual cases.. but this is what I trained them for..The day when they could operate without my help...They're good kids. A lot of people are going to be getting two checks this weekend... With all this extra cash, maybe we can all  get together and do something different." said Yvette.

"Yeah, uh oh,...Heads up!" said Zoey...


Lt. Tragg walked up...

"Ohhhhhh look who it is... Vettie and friend... I didn't catch your name.....I saw you in here with that uh young lady, ADA Greene is so hung up over a few weeks ago..." he said.


"I'm attorney Zoey Anderson.." said Zoey...



"Where are your snot nosed youngins Vettie?" he asked.


"I wish you would stop referring to them as "snot nosed youngins...They're all adults, they're married and homeowners as well as seasoned attorneys...To answer your question...They are all working seperate cases these days..." said Yvette.



"Oh they've finally flown free of their mother hen..eh?" he said snarkily...Talking to him was like talking to a brick wall..



"Whatever...Now can Mrs. Anderson and I finish our conversation?" asked Yvette, smiling sweetly..



''Yes can we finish our converstaion?" asked Zoey.



Lt. Tragg stood there staring balefully at them for a few minutes and then when he saw he wasn't going to get anymore conversation out of either woman...He relented and walked up to the counter...

Neither of these women gave him the kind of  argument he was looking for anyway...They were much too nice..Not like say, Natalie and Beverly or some of their husbands..


"Come on Vettie, let's get out of here and get back to the office." said Zoey..
"Good Idea....Seeing him let's me know we've been here too long..Wayyy too long."laughed Yvette.



II-


TWO DAYS LATER-

We were all finished with our other assignments and were in the conference room for end of assignment meetings... It was nice, our whole team being together again.


"It's so nice to see everybody back here and all at the same time..." said a jubilant Ms. Yvette.
 

"There's no place like home.." I said, with one arm around my wife Bee Bee....I missed working with her..

"This is true... I missed all of you guys.." said Bee Bee, smiling.

"Kahlil and I enjoyed working the case..but there is nothing like working a case with all of you."said Sofia.

"I agree." said Kahlil...



"I missed you guys too!" said Jade, who was mostly in her office, catching up on her reading...


"Virginia , any word from Erica Chandler yet?" asked Ms. Yvette.



"No...I've called her business phone and her office phone, nothing.." said Ms. Virginia.



In an office building downtown at this moment.



Young, Arrogant businessman, Michael Lewis sat behind his desk..

"What is this? A Check?  You know I like cold hard untraceable cash in these kinds of dealings....and where is the damn recipe?" he asked..  Then his eyes got as wide as saucers..

"HEY...HEY...HEYYYYY PUT THAT AWAY!!! I'LL TAKE A CHECK!!! COME ONNNNNNN!!!\
DO YOU REALIZE WHO I AM???????? COME ONNNNN!!!" He said putting his hands up in which to shield himself..


Whoever he was talking to fired three shots into his chest....killing him instantly.... He fell out of his chair on to the floor....

His killer collected the check...Wiped the gun clean of prints and dropped it in the waste basket....

AN HOUR LATER!


Erica  Chandler , the person Ms. Yvette was inquiring about walked into the office...She saw the dead body of Michael lewis lying on the floor in a pool of blood..

"OH MY GODDD!" she gasped and turned and ran...



She got on the elevator and departed...






"Vettie...I received a text from Erica Chandler..." said Virginia...


''Is it about setting up a meeting with Michael Lewis about the copyrights?" asked Yvette...



"It's kinda cryptic....It simply says.. "I need help" said Virginia.


"I need help?  That's a strange message...Well I can't worry about it right now...We've tidied up our other business...I'm all about relaxing... Come on...Find Jade...let's go outside to one of the trucks and grab something before dinner." said Ms. Yvette.



III-



We were all having dinner in our building's ultra-modern cafeteria.



''So Ms. Yvette, what are you working on?" I asked.. as we all sat down with our plates..

''After I finished the case I was working on with Zoey, I took on Erica Chandler as a client...She owns that Candy company..." said Ms. Yvette.
 

"Yeah I've heard of her...She owns a Black owned Candy company....She makes "Sherri's Berry's" and Charlene's chocolates." I said.

"Yes....I love those candies." said Bee Bee.


"So Do I, especially, Sherri's Berries." said Sofia.
"She's our client? Ouuuuuuu Free samples " said Kahlil. 




"Yes...She's our client.. We are representing her company, which is in the middle of a hostile takevover by a Gambler named Michael Lewis, 

who fancies himself as a sort of Venture Capitalist...He's gobbled up a couple of other small companies.."said Ms. Yvette.
 
"That's what I've been doing the whole time you kids were busy playing away games.. Looking into him... Word on the street is that he's connected..but so far, everything I've uncoverer on him has been above board. totally legit." said Jade.


"I've met with her two times...She was trying to take him to court for some not so above board practices...I have a subpoena all set to serve him..."said Yvette.

"If you like...I can serve it to him tomorrow Vettie." said Virginia, who smiled... Her husband, Judge Jetty dukes put his arm around her waist and hugged her...She smiled at him...she liked being adored by a man so much...

Jetty was in love in a way he had never been  before in his life...He simply adored Virginia.

Dabnis could you run me to the supermarket when we get home?  I've got a few things I want to pick up." said Jazzy.
 
''Sure...While we are there ,I want to stop by the phone store...The new model is out."said Dabnis.
"You're as bad as me Dabnis, always got to have the latest phone." said Kayla.
"I haven't changed phones in two years." said her husband, Ray..


"Me Neither Ray, but my husband likes to have the newest model too!" laughed Jessica.

"Got to stay current."laughed Ray...


"Anybody binging any new shows?" asked Karen...

"Not us..we uh don't watch too much TV when we go home."laughed Natalie, slyly gazing at her husband...


"Nah, I guess we don't." laughed David, who couldn't wait to get home to undress his Natalie and get her in the bed...
"We don't either." said Brooke, who slyly gazed at her husband Sean...
who had the same idea as David..
"We are running up to  the market too after work....We usually find something on Netflix or Hulu when we get home." said Zoey...

"Kevin Morris's company, Morris Communications provides everybody with Cable and streaming at ridiculously low prices...We love it." said her husband, Lem.

"We uh don't watch too much TV when we go home either."laughed  Renee , slyly gazing at her new husband
Tyrell, who couldn't wait to get home to undress his Renee and get her in the bed...with the foam mattress that moved with the contours of their bodies..It had enhanced their sex life.


Paris, had taken his classes virtually today, while helping the guys in his group and the people in Jazzy's group as a para-legal...He was tired..He couldn't wait to get home and see Josie.
Tony felt the same way...very tired, glad to see the day come to an end...

While miles away....in a downtown office building.




''White Male, age 39...death appears to be caused by three bullet wounds to the chest...recovered slugs appear to be from a .22 caliber." said one of the CSI men at the scene, while others took photographed and dusted for prints.



" Body temperature and lividity says he died about four hours ago..So I'd say, shortly after noon." said Dr. Hazel Baylor, Forensic Investigator and Coroner..
"Hazel I'm going to miss you and the team" said Dr. Marcy Martin..



"That's right...You're moving to Seattle with your husband right?" said Hazel.


"Yes, he's accepted a job at Seattle Grace and he got me a job there too..So this will be my last one." she said.



Lt. Tragg walked in with three uniformed policemen...

''What have we got here?" he asked.



''White Male, age 39...death appears to be caused by three bullet wounds to the chest...recovered slugs appear to be from a .22 caliber." said one of the CSI men at the scene.


" Body temperature and lividity says he died about four hours ago..So I'd say, shortly after noon." said Dr. Hazel Baylor.



"I know this guy....Little Mikey Lewis....He was a big time gambler.... Heard that he'd gone totally legit...was a businessman..but I doubt that...Once a crook, always a crook...He's a connected guy...That makes this a mob hit." said Lt. Tragg.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS??" said an angry Dr. Hazel Baylor...



"AND HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU...I'M THE DETECTIVE HERE!! I'LL TELL YOU LIKE I TELL THEM LAWYERS...YOU WORK YOUR SIDE OF THE STREET AND I'LL WORK MINE!!" snarled Lt. Tragg..



''And there are some things, I won't miss." said Dr. Marcy Martin.


Hazel laughed....



A policeman used a tissue and pulled a .22 caliber handgun out of the waste basket...

"I found this sir...It might be the murder weapon....It was in the waste basket..It's been wiped clean.." he said.



"Good pull, bag it and tag it... Wipe this room down thoroughly and I mean thoroughly for prints and DNA,  check his devices...for appointments and his phones...and question everybody three floors up and three floors down... Wrap him up, get him out of here... and girls get me that autopsy report, ASAP!" said Lt. Tragg.



The body was put in a white body bag and strapped to a gurney...

and moved down the hallway to the elevator..






Bee Bee and I were home..doing what the majority of our building mates and neighbors were probably doing..Kissing and making out...
"OUUUUUUUU HOT STUFF, I told you it would be better at home, with complete privacy , so we don't have to stop." said Bee Bee.

"Yeah you did.." I said...

I had called Bee Bee three times and asked her to come down to my office and she refused..She knew I didn't want anything, but to close the door and dim the lights and do just what we were doing now in the privacy of our home.. Making love....
as I slipped her panties down..and off..


"OHHHH GIRRRL, THESE ARE SOOO PRETTY!" I said.

"Thank Youuuu! I bought these from Bridget's store last week..Beverly said you'd love them." she giggled.

''Beverly knows me so well...You can thank her for me , next time you see her." I said.

"Okay I will.... You are sooo silly."laughed Bee Bee.


I spread her legs open and entered her doggie style up against our bedroom wall.. She gasped loudly......
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" she screamed..letting out the loudest scream of the night...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I moaned....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"sshe yelled out...
Next door, Sofia's head jerked up..



"OUUUUUUUU BEE BEE IS SOOOOOOOOO DAMN LOUD!! AYE MIOS DIOS!" laughed Sofia..



"You're about to be loud in a minute..." said Kahlil..


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" Sofia moaned.






slipping her panties down....


spreading her legs and slowly entering her soft wet center..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AYEEEEEEEEEEE PAPIIIII! AYE PAPI!! OUUUUUUU!" screamed Sofia..
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AWWWW LAWWWWD!" screamed Kahlil...as he and Sofia began to make sweet love....


While next door in our bedroom...


Bee Bee and I were in the bedroom in the deep throes of passion....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD!, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou" Bee Bee moaned...


''Damnnnn Bee Bee, you are driving me crazy."I said.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Keith you feel so good baby...ummmmmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu Bee Bee.....you feel better everytime.....damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.."I moaned. 

"Work me...Work me dadddy...work me like a job....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed.

The legs on our bed  were squeaking...They felt like they might give at any minute the way we were going at it..




Her body was shaking.."Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd!" I yelled as my toes curled...

"I can't believe this feels so goooooooooooooooood ,ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  OH MY GOODNESS....YOU REALLY ARE EXCITED! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" Bee Bee moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bee Bee...ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...If I'd known you'd be this good, I'd of said something to you sooner....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goddddddddddddd girl." I moaned...


Bee Bee giggled...

"You are so silly..." she said...


EIGHT TO NINE HOURS HAD SLOWLY PASSED BY!


.Bee Bee was crying like a little girl and turning her head from side to side and I was cumming myself, like a gusher.....as both of our bodies trembled...




"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm good night baby!" Bee Bee said to me as she crawled on top of me and laid her head in my chest area..

"Goood night!" I said..softly squeezing her butt.....

This was just the calm before the storm..



IV-


The Next Morning at Breakfast-




"Virginia, give Erica Chandler another call this morning. Call both her business and her personal phone."said Ms. Yvette.



''Will Do Vettie." said Virginia.




 "Not now..eat your breakfast...Do it when we go back upstairs." said Ms. Yvette.

"I am famished...I could eat a horse." I said.

'After the way you worked out last night, I can believe it." laughed Bee Bee. playfully swatting my arm..

"Mmmmmmmmm I have quite the appetite this morning." said Sofia.

"Yeah me too...I might go in my office lock the door and get a few extra z's " said Kahlil.
 


"Virginia...want to go to the Fashion District at Lunch time?" asked Jade.

''Yeah, why not? We can grab a bite to eat in their food court." said Virginia..

"I've got a hearing this morning at the Ethics Board." said her husband, Jetty.


"I booked the conference room for both of our teams...Seems like we both have litigations this week."said Jazzy.
 
"Yeah you and your people will be in there tomorrow and me and my guys will be in there the day after."said Dabnis.
"Busy week this week."said Kayla.
"Yeah, but a good week...I like being busy." said Ray..


''We've got another case in federal court." said Jessica.


"I like that...No Lt. Tragg." said her husband Chip.




"I'm glad we are piggy backing that case with you." said Karen.

"Yeah... I much prefer these federal cases...When we get out , we can walk right over here and eat."said Natalie.

"Yeah we are not even tempted to go into Sam Mother's diner...and tangle with Lt. Tragg." said David.

"I like that we get to work with you Honey Bunny.."said Brooke.
"Yeah and I get to work with you."said Sean.

"This is sooo nice..I love this..This is heaven." said Zoey..

"It is...This is the kind of law I enjoy practicing." said Lem.



Renee felt the same way....She leaned her head into her husband, Tyrell's arms..



''Where's Paris? In school today?" asked Tyrell.

"Yeah, you won't see him at all today." said Tony.


While in Center City...


"I don't understand...what is this about?" said Erica Chandler...




She was surrounded by police cars..


"IT'S MURDER BABY!  the murder of Michael "Little Mikey" Lewis... I understand you two were having a business dispute." said Lt. Tragg...

We found his body yesterday in his office..and we found your gun in the waste basket... You had a three o'clock appointment with him...Guess you came early huh?  We know because we lifted your prints off the doorknob..."said Lt. Tragg snarkily...



"I arrived at a little before three....I didn't kill him..He was dead when I arrived...That's the truth...I swear....That's my gun...but I didn't have it...I reported it stolen a week ago...You can check...I swear ,I didn't kill anyone." pleaded Erica, who was very scared now.


Talking to Lt. Tragg was like talking to a brick wall, especially if you were a woman and a Black woman in particular..

"Erica Denise Chandler, you are under arrest for the murder of Michael Lewis, you have the right to remain silent..Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law...You have thew right to an attorney...If you can not afford one, One will be provided for you...Do you understand these rights as I am reading them to you?" asked Lt. Tragg,



"You're making a big mistake...Let me call my lawyer now!" said Erica.


"You can call your lawyer when you get to the station...Hook her up, take her away BOYZ!" he said as Erica was handcuffed and walked out of the building...



And at our suite-



"Vettie, I got a call from the elusive Erica Chandler...She's in trouble.."said Virginia.


"Trouble ??? We haven't even subpoenaed Michael Lewis Yet." said Ms. Yvette..


"I'm afraid you won't have to do that ..He's dead!  " said Jade.



"He's dead?" asked Ms. Yvette..


"Yeah, he was shot to death yesterday afternoon.. Erica has been arrested and charged with his death...She's in big trouble Vettie...IT'S MURDER BABY!" said Virginia.


(TO BE CONTINUED)


3 comments:

  1. Loved this title....I knew someone was gonna get capped...Surprised it was so early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Lt. Tragg even try to check an alibi? does he even ask for one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does anyone as inept as him keep a job? He's arrested this girl, but did not ask for or check for an alibi..

    ReplyDelete