Friday, July 21, 2023

Tyrell's Choice.


 COURTROOM  A- Preliminary hearing...

We were once again standing before Judge Jane Lynne...


The defendent, Tyrell Jones, a Bailiff in this very courtroom, a third year law student  accused of killing the wife of an Assistant District Attorney, he was having an affair with stood with his legal team..
Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander, myself, Investigator, Donnie Ray Alexander, her husband,..Her niece, Attorney Beverly West-East , Beverly's husband, Attorney Nelson East, Attorney Josie Boyd and Attorney Bresha Billips..his close friend..


 








We stood next to him as the judge walked into the courtroom..

Tyrell Jones, a popular , gregarious and friendly bailiff and third year law stood , now on trial for murder stood there and wondered...
"What did I do to earn me this?" he thought....

He played back in his mind the events that led to all of this...


It all began in his apartment....How many afternoons and days had he entertained her? How many times had he enjoyed her sexy body...Her forbidden sexy body that she so willingly gave to him...She was so starved for a little attention, a little admiration that she said she never got from her ambitious and egotistical husband... Still, that didn't give him the right to take another man's wife... He was wrong and today,he was paying for it! On Trial for his life- He remembered how good it felt.

"Tyrelllllllll , I'm Ready baby....." she said, coming out of the bathroom in just her bra and panties...

"OHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY" he said , Thelma Greene was visiting... He was a Bailiff at the courthouse and a third year law student , who was a month away from graduating law school. They had seen each other on numerous occassions when Thelma had visited the courthouse to watch her husband work....Smiles and glances led to kisses in the judges chamber and now a full on affair...


"OH TYRELL....I KNOW WE WERE TOGETHER YESTERDAY, BUT I HAD TO SEE YOU AGAIN TODAY....I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH! I AM HOOKED ON YOUR PENIS!!!  OUUUU, I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!  BABY YOU GOT ME HOOOKED" Thelma Greene said..

"SHHHHHHHHHHHH Thelma, we've got to cool it...this is three times this week...baby, your husband might be getting suspicious.." said Tyrell as they kissed passionately...


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, he's not suspicious of anything...He's so obsessed with that big trial and trying to be the first one to beat Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her team..."said Thelma.. Remembering at the beginning of the case when her husband introduced her to Olivia, Myself, Beverly,Nelson, Josie and Bresha.





 








And we all posed for pictures at the press conference , he and Lt. Tragg called at the beginning of the trial.

She had thought we were all very nice people...She knew that her husband, though he respected our talents..didn't really like us and wanted to destroy us in court...Humiliate us with a big victory.....



"You think he's got a chance...of beating them in court?" asked Tyrell as their kissing got hotter and hotter..

"If anyone does...he does...He really prepared hard for this trial...but I understand, they prepare hard too and always come prepared for each case they take on and rarely if ever get surprised by anything....Olivia's husband is a very meticulous investigator...He used to be a Homicide detective....He appears to be a much better investigator than Lt. Tragg, who brought the case in." said Thelma.

"Yeah, he's lost quite a few cases...I work down at the courthouse.... None of the Assistant District Attorneys want to work with him....especially the female ones...they say he's an octopus, hands everywhere they aint supposed to be." said Tyrell..

"Like yours was, when you first met me.." she giggled..  "How much longer do you have before you finish law school?" she asked in between kisses...

"I graduate in a month...at the end of the summer and then I take the bar. I'm done with all my classes....I'm just waiting to walk down the aisle and graduate." he said.

"I would ask my husband to help you take the bar, but you're helping yourself to a lot more...tee hee.."she said as they continued to kiss...

"Yes I am..." he said..


He unhooked her bra and slipped her panties down...




He tossed them into the corner...




They fell on his  bed, where she rode him like a surfer rides the waves....

The bed rocked and squeaked louder than it had ever before... The headboard creaked and sounded like it might split in half...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..UMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned...

The bed squeaked even louder...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEEEEEET BABYYYYYY!  SWEET THELMA BABYYYYYYYYYYY OUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned..


She rode him on the side of the bed, devouring his lips with soft slow kisses and he nearly going delirious as she continued to ride him slowly.....

She had a quick very intense orgasm that brought her to near tears....Her head jerking from side to side..her body trembling.....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOODNESS!" she cried out!



He spread her legs and entered her again.....really pounding hard...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD!OUUUU THIS IS WHAT I NEEED...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she yelled out...

Tyrell was nine years younger than both she and her husband...but he was a far better and a far more attentive lover....


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEETIE, TAKE YOUR TIME BABY!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! OH I'M ABOUT TO CUMMM, OHHHHHHH" she moaned.....she had yet another intense orgasm that had her eyes rolling into the back of her head...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWD, THIS IS SOOOO DAMN GOOOD!" he cried out.. He didn't know if he was coming or going at this point, he felt so good...
"OHHHHHHHHHHHH  Tyrell!!!!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  TYRELL!!
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" she moaned..as the bed rocked and squeaked louder than it had since they'd begun making sweet love... The headboard creaked and sounded like it might split in half...

"THELMA, THELMA  baby....Oh my goddd this is sooooooooo damn good.." he moaned...

The bed squeaked even louder...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed. She had yet another intense orgasm , that had her crying like a school girl, had her head turning from side to side and had her legs trembling...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU WHYYYYYYY?? WHYYYYYY?? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO IT TO ME SO DAMN GOOD???OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! AWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWD WHYYYYY?" she cried out...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEEEEEET BABYYYYYY! OUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned..

They made love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS!! She couldn't believe how passionate he was, his stamina..


Nightfall had come...


She was still in his apartment, in his bed, riding him like a surfer rides the waves.....

She had yet another intense orgasm.....She feared she was slowly losing her mind.....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" she moaned.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..LAWWWWWWWWWDDDD!" he moaned

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GIVE ME THAT MONSTER!!! OH MY GODDDD!! YOU ARE HUGE!!! AND SO DAMN HARRRRD!! OUUUUUUUU! GIVE IT TO ME!!" she cooed.Her whole body trembled something fierce..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYY DAMNNNNN!" he moaned..

He came so hard, he felt as if he were dying....

She had her fourth and final intense orgasm........

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMM UMMPH!" she moaned.

She looked at the wall clock..

"OH MY GOD!!! I DIDN'T INTEND TO STAY THIS LONG!!! I'VE GOT TO GET HOME!!" she said..


She got up and began dressing....She was going to skip a shower this time....

"You're right...We have got to cool it...Maybe two weeks or so if I can stand it.." she said..

"If YOU CAN STAND IT? If I CAN STAND IT!" he said.,...


"Awwwwwww thank you baby...I'll call you when I can." she said. They kissed passionately !





She gave him a sweet kiss as she finished getting dressed and  exited his apartment complex...

Days later, she was dead! Shot to death by somebody, while leaving his apartment complex...She had told him she felt as though she had been being followed during this time...

The photos of the two of them that emerged and wound up in possession by Lt. Tragg, proved that her husband had hired a Private Investigator, who followed her, found her and photographed her...If her husband could hire a Private Investigator....Could he not have hired a hitman?  


This was a question I wondered about....

Cocky Assistant District Attorney should have wondered about it too...Our evidence was in discovery, but he talked and appeared as if it had completely gone over his head..


I looked at Lt. Tragg, who was sitting next to him...Any half way decent detective worth his salt would have to be looking at all of these variables and wondering to himself if he should take a second look...
but like I said, any halfway decent detective....

"Good Morning Attorneys...we are going to change things a bit...Due to courtroom crowding of cases , we are going to bypass a preliminary hearing...We know that a crime, a henious crime has been committed so we are going to go straight to trial.. We will have Jury selection tomorrow...I'll be out the next day...So Thursday , we will begin with trial." said Judge Lynne... We will start today with introductions.." she said.

"I am Assistant District Attorney Daniel Varnier for the Prosecution." said Danny Varnier.


 "I am Lead Attorney, Olivia Bennet-Alexander....

This is my husband, Investigator, Donnie Ray Alexander.
My Niece and second Chair, Attorney Beverly West-East.....
Her husband, Nelson East...


Our associate attorneys Mrs. Josie Boyd, Attorney at law 
and Mrs. Bresha Billips, Attorney at law." said Olivia.


"Outstanding! Outstanding....Tomorrow we will have jury selection...Be here at 10:00 AM, Be on time and be ready for jury selection... Have a nice afternoon." said the Judge Lynne, striking her gavel and dismissing us.


Lt. Tragg walked over to us...

"You're not going to get away with this... Your client is as guilty as sin....He's going to death row..You can make book on that." he said plainly..


''Are you sure of that Lieutenant? Come on...You've been Murder Police for how long now....Doesn't something stink to you? Yes my client was sleeping with this woman, but why would he kill her? And don't give me that jazz about she was threatening to break up with him...There is no indication of that whatsoever,,,,Why would he go to the trouble of wiping the murder weapon down with bleach and then toss it in the trash can by his building for you to find?  Makes no sense... And we now know that this gun was registered to the suicide victim the other day.....What was he doing with a photo of Mrs. Green in her panties and bra in his apartment???? How would my client get HIS GUN?? Come on...you've got to be asking these questions....It can't be just us??? Follow the money trail....Who deducted cash from their account and who is suddenly $3000.00 dollars richer two days after Mrs. Green's murder....You've got to look at that and ask yourself these questions....Come on man, you're Murder Police!" I said, trying to appeal to something, some kind of spark, some kind of curiosity in him....but a look behind those soul less eyes revealed nothing....It was as if I had said nothing at all.


"You're not going to get away with this... Your client is as guilty as sin....He's going to death row..You can make book on that." he said plainly.. as if I had said nothing...


"That's the way you want it to be....You can't admit that maybe, just maybe you might have made a mistake. "said Josie.


"I AM THE DETECTIVE HERE...I DON'T NEED YOU LAWYERS TELLING ME HOW TO RUN MY INVESTIGATION, I WAS DOING THIS BEFORE MOST OF YOU WERE TRYING ON TRAINING BRAS." he snarled.

''Don't argue with him Josie...We'll try our case in court...We'll let a jury decide.." said Olivia
as we exited the courtroom.

II-




 Olivia was up and on her laptop later that night..






She was looking up our Assistant District Attorney...


DANIEL VARNIER

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Graduated from St. Joseph's Prep.

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law, Trial Advocacy -Villanova University.

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware, Louisiana, Texas, California

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Assistant District Attorney-Philadelphia District Attorney's Office.



"He's quite impressive...reminds me of you."I joked.


"He's a cocky little rich boy that didn't get enough attention from daddy and is trying to make a name for himself." smirked Olivia.

"You took Bev with you this afternoon?"She asked.



"Yeah, Beverly and I must have talked to at least 100 people...I will say this...Sgt Brice is way more thorough than Lt. Tragg....They had interviewed everybody we talked to today and yesterday before we got there... They all gave us a picture of a marriage that started off bad and slowly deteriorated. Green is a very ambitious and egotisical and selfish man and it took it's toll on them....They had loud, horrible fights that spilled out into the street...She put him out a few times... It was a mess..   She stopped arguing soon and had this affair with Tyrell...Tyrell is nine years younger, but he paid her some attention, made her feel desirable and sexy in bed..."I said.


 I passed Olivia , a copy of a legal order.
"What is this?" asked Olivia.


"Just before her death..She filed a restraining order against him...and they were seeing a marriage counselor, At least she was....Green's ego and pride could not take him admitting to any type of failure.. Especially his marriage. I said sarcastically... "Anyway...Bev and I checked..


"He wired money to Bert Vandenberg's account....Bert Vandenberg followed her and photographed her and Tyrell together..  He gave the photos to Bruce Green, but he did not send them to Lt. Tragg and the photo that was found in the apartment of C.W. Mapp was not one of his... Apparently she was being shadowed by both men." I said.


"Well that should  point Brice in the direction of Green.?" said Olivia.


"No...It's Tragg's investigation... He's got his mind set one way....He won't listen to anything else...He's Brice's superior.. Brice can't go against him...but, he agrees with me..." I said.


''Did you do a work up on our client?" asked Olivia.


''Of course.. Tyrell is a good guy. Law Student , at the top of his class.About to graduate in four weeks.... Good Bailiff, universally liked by prosecutors and defense attorneys and Judges alike.. No one believes he is guilty of this...but no one believes he was having a torrid affair with a married woman either." I said.


''He is young....He was dealing with a much older woman....She put something on that boy that he just wasn't prepared for, He didn't know if he was coming or going." said Olivia.


"Yeah, the right woman can really put it on you." I said.


"I suppose."" said Olivia  smiling.


"You really put it on me." I said.



"You're a year older than me."laughed Olivia.

"True....but I've never had it put on me like you put it on me." I laughed.


"That's what you say."laughed Olivia.


"Yes I doooooooooo." I said raffishly...


"I thought you would.." she said..


We kissed slowly, softly, trying to devour each other's lips..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYY GODDDDDD!" I moaned in between kisses.


I slipped her slip dress over her head..digging my hands deep into her panties.


I slipped her panties down and off..

''Nicely done husband...you didn't tear them.." she giggled.

"Only one man does that...or rather two and neither of them is me.." I laughed.

I entered Olivia's soft wet center...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM DONNIE RAYYYYYYY!  OUUUUUUUU!" she cried out..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OHHH MY GODDDDDDDDDD!" I moaned.
We were soon in the bed..making sweet love.,

"Ohhh My God...I can't believe how good this  feels!" she moaned..

"Me neither! OHHHHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY!" I said.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUSBAND!!!she cooed.

She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...She matched me thrust for thrust and even kissed my shoulder at one point...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind....She was shaking and looking like she was on the verge of crying the entire time.......

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OHHH MY GOODNESS...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she moaned loudly ,obviously not caring who heard us..

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS of sweet, slow lovemaking continued.. Neither of us could get enough of the other..

She began riding me cowgirl style....slowly...like a surfer rides the waves...I was losing it...


Olivia was sweating profusely and laughing one minute and crying the next....She began to climax slowly, intensely...her body shaking and she smiling the sweetest smile I had ever seen....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I moaned...

"Hold on darling.....Hold on....I'm cumming...UMMMMMMMM I AM CUMMING!! OHHHH!" Olivia said, holding me for dear life....her body trembling.

When I came it was so surprising and so intense that I began to shake myself....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! AAWWWWWWWW LAWDDDDD!" I said, cumming hard!

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! THAT WAS SOOOO GOOOD!" she said loudly!


Olivia lie on my chest, breathing hard..."I am so glad you're my husband...OUUUUUUUUUUU!"she said.

"I'm glad you're my wife...You don't know how glad.."I said...trying to catch my breath too as we both drifted off to sleep.

Downstairs...Beverly and Nelson didn't waste time on small talk...



"Ouuuuuuu were you waiting for me like this the whole time I was  gone?" she asked.
"Yes." he said sheepishly....



"Goof Ball." she laughed..


Kissing him passionately.....

He slipped her dress over her head..digging his hands deep into her panties.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEEEE!" she squealed with delight..

"UMMMMMMMMMMM GIRRRRRRRL!" moaned Nelson


Nelson slipped her panties down and off..


He lifted her up and entered her slowly....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NELSON....UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned..

"I thought about you all afternoon..." he said.

"I beleive it!!!!OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NELSON....UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"she cried out...

He placed her petite body on the sink and began thrusting away......

''Beverly, Beverly I've loved you since forever." Nelson said , breathing heavily...and kissing her as though kissing was going out of style.

"I know and I've kind of loved you too....I just didn't realize it..." said Beverly...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned...

Like Olivia and I, Beverly and Nelson worked hard and loved even harder...She rode him on the side of the bed....Tears just flowing from her eyes as her head turned from side to side...


Making sweet love for EIGHT TO NINE HOURS and 



collapsing on top of each other and smiling at one another....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I'M GONNA GIVE YOU SOME MORE, Tommorrow!" she laughed...as Nelson squeezed her butt...

"UMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned.


III-


 COURTROOM  A- Jury selection


 Assistant Distant Attorney Daniel Varnier thought he was ready and prepared for us...He found out the day of Juror selection that he was Not..
Nelson got 11 of the 12 jurors we wanted...The Jury was made up of 7 women this time and 5 men and the jury foreman was ironically enough the one juror that Daniel Varnier wanted....
we still counted this as a victory..

Olivia looked at her protoge' , Her very first protoge with pride....

Beverly gave her husband, a very lustful glare and winked at him....

''Nelson did the damn thing., didn't he?" said Josie.

"Yes he did." said Josie..


ADA Bruce Green sat in the visitor section... He wanted to see what kind of case Daniel Varnier was going to present..So far, he was not impressed. He himself got a 6-6 split with jury selection against Nelson....Daniel Varnier was no match for Nelson, he saw.


From the beginning he argued that this was the result of a "lovers spat", he argued that the two had met one of the many times her husband had brought her to the courthouse, that our client , a younger and more viral man had showed her attention both in and out of the bed that her husband just couldn't compete with...

This was making ADA Bruce Green's blood boil and making him hate Daniel Varnier that much more..

He showed the jury photos taken by a Private Investigator, hired "by her husband, who suspected she was stepping out on him...









The photos tiltilated the jury....

Bruce Green was so angry, he was shaking...He wanted to strangle Danny Varnier with his bare hands..He was making him look like a cuckhold husband, which in fact he had been...His ego was really taking a beating.


Danny Varnier showed the police crime scene photos...He grossed the jury out with the photos of the body and what the powerful gunshots had done to the face... He called in the Crime Scene Investigators , Policemen on the scene and Medical Examiner personell.....



Josie and Bresha began tying him up , using predicates, laws pertaining to the case and laws from simular cases to make points .They began frustrating him....He had not been prepared for this. They asked the Crime Scene Investigators, The Medical Examiner personell and even the cops on the scene if they found any fingerprints or DNA that was a match for their client... They all said No..

Beverly discussed the gun..



She called a Crime Lab specialist in from the police department and one from the ATF....They both testified that the gun, the murder weapon was registered to C.W. Mapp...a Pilot who was found shot to death in his apartment just last week with a racy photo of Mrs. Green in her underwear on his night stand and she questioned why was this and what did this have to do with anything?

She asked why was his gun found at the scene of the murder and yet he was never questioned?



ADA Daniel Varnier was hearing all of this for the first time and he angrilly glared at Lt. Tragg...
"DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?   I TOLD YOU TO STAY ON TOP OF THIS!! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?" he bellowed..


Lt. Tragg angrilly stared at Beverly as though this was her fault... I had told him all about this just days ago...He had ignored me...and failed to follow up! 
Olivia addressed the jury....

"My client had a six month long sexual affair with Mrs. Green, I don't condone his or her actions...but he had no reason to kill her...The prosecution has offered no proof that they were planning to break up..She was killed just two blocks from his house, after just leaving in the middle of the night.. Now I ask you...Why would my client, Mr. Jones go to the trouble of wiping the murder weapon down with bleach and then toss it in the trash can by his building for the police to easily to find?  Makes no sense...He's a law student... He knows about evidence.  And we now know that this gun was registered to the suicide victim the other day.....Mr. Mapp! What was he doing with a photo of Mrs. Green in her panties and bra in his apartment???? How would my client get HIS GUN?? Come on...you've got to be asking these questions....It can't be just us???" she said ,talking calmly like a school teacher and smiling at the jury...

She was getting to them....

With the little bit they had done...They had completely won the jury over...and 


ADA Daniel Varnier knew it... He hadn't expected them to put up this type of fight, he didn't figure they had anything much to go on...He was wrong and what was worse...We had more...We hadn't even begun our defense and we had ruined his prosecution...He looked and felt sick.....


ADA Bruce Green was sick....He felt as though ADA Daniel Varnier had tried to get too cute and had loused up the prosecution completely....Olivia's pit bulls as he referred to Nelson, Beverly, Josie and Bresha











had done the dirty work, had dropped the bombs and had succeeded in making Varnier look like a first year attorney and he knew it....He should have allowed him to be second chair....

The Fact that these same four attorneys had done the exact same thing to him in his last trial was of no consequence...


Lt. Tragg was livid that they had used members of his own police department to make him look like a fool....To make his investigation suspect....


"I just may make graduation yet..." said Tyrell smiling.


"You'll make it!" said Bresha, smiling at him...




IV-


We began our defense...

ADA Bruce Green was called to the stand...He had no idea what kinds of questions he was going to be asked.. He was sweating bullets all night long before today's hearing began...


He was facing Olivia....For most of the trial...She had allowed her young associates to do most of the heavy lifting,,,her niece, her niece's husband and her two young associates... They had proven to be well trained, well prepared and well versed on the law...He had found that out himself when he had faced us.
Olivia asked him how was the state of his marriage..

He lied and said he had a good marriage, a solid marriage and he tried to play the role of the betrayed husband...

Nelson produced a restraining order she had signed just a month before and later dropped...and he produced check stubs produced for payments to a marriage counselor...


Beverly produced  several neighbors who testified to the loud arguments the two of them had that spilled into the streets...


Olivia called Private Investigator, Bert Vandenberg...

Who testified under oath that he was employed by Mr. Green to follow his wife because he suspected she was having an affair...and that he and his operatives did indeed photograph her and Mr. Jones and he gave them to Mr. Green...He said he did not send them to Lt. Tragg and that the photograph found in Mr. Mapps apartment was not one of his.

"Mr. Green, did you know, C.W. Mapp? I remind you, you are under oath and you have already perjured yourself." said Olivia.

"I don't believe I do." said Bruce Green...


"You prosecuted him three years ago on smuggling charges....Charges that you mysteriously dismissed....and I have telephone records here that prove you made three phone calls to him the week before your wife was killed...You withdraw $1500.00 from the bank the day before she was killed and another $1500.00 the day after she was killed... and two days later. Mr. Mapp deposited $3000.00 in his bank account and quietly left town... I think you paid him to kill your wife...and I think that it got to him , the fact that he had killed someone and he killed himself..Unlike you...He had a conscience." said Olivia.


"You can't prove any of that." said Bruce Green...

"You're right...I can't prove any of that...Mr. Mapp is no longer here to tell his story...but this gives you a hell of a greater motive to kill your wife than it does my client...The Defense rests your honor." said Olivia.

ONE HOUR LATER-

"You guys did a great job...You really made old Green sweat...I think you pulled this one out...I thank you." said Tyrell.


"Thank us when the jury comes back." I said.

''Well guys...I think we did good enough...I was worried about that jury foreman...He looks like he still wanted to convict...He was Varnier's man."said Olivia, who looked a little worried.

"Relax Auntay....I think we pulled it out..."said Beverly,..


"I'm 100 percent certain we did..."said Nelson.. 

"Look over there at Varnier. That tells you the whole story."said Josie..

"Yeah" said Bresha.


"YOUUUUUUUU BUMBLING IDIOT!! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME YOU'VE MADE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL!! I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WANT ANY SURPRISES....I TOLD YOU TO GET ON TOP OF THIS!!!   THEY HIT ME WITH ONE SURPRISE AFTER ANOTHER....YOU BUNGLED THE HELL OUT OF THIS CASE!" snarled Daniel Varnier..


"ONE MORE WORD...ONE MORE WORD OUTTA YOU AND I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU THE HELL OUT!!!" snarled Lt. Tragg.

"We'll have none of that!!!....Everybody back in the courtroom, the jury has come back with a verdict." said the Judge..


"All rise for the Honorable Judge Janet Lynne and the reading of the verdict." said the bailiff.


Tyrell was used to saying those words.. Just a few weeks ago...he was.


Bresha allowed him to hold her hand...He was afraid...She could feel him shaking..



Olivia and I held hands...



Nelson put his arms around Beverly...

Josie stood close to them both...


Daniel Varnier was so mad , he was shaking..He knew he had lost this case.

''Has the jury reached a verdict?" asked the judge

"We have your honor." said the Jury Foreman, a stern and serious looking gentleman..

"Bailiff, bring me the verdict.. " she said.

He did and she read it, without her face betraying any emotion..

"IN THE MATTER OF COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA VS TYRELL JONES WE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY OF THE CHARGE OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER!

ON THE SECOND COUNT, WE FIND THE DEFENDENT, NOT GUILTY OF CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FIRST DEGREE MURDER!"

"I'd like to thank the jury for their attention to this matter...You can exit out of the back door, your checks will be mailed to you....Court is adjourned." she said.



"Looks like I'll make my graduation after all." laughed a jubilant Tyrell Jones, exonerated of any wrong doing.

"Yes you will and you got a good first hand education on how the justice system works."said Bresha, who hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.


"Thank you guys sooo much!" said Tyrell.

''Oh You are so welcome.."said Olivia, hugging him and kissing him on the cheek..
''Good Luck Rell."said Beverly..hugging him and kissing him on the cheek.

"Good Luck Rell." said Josie, also kissing him on the cheek..

"Be Easy Homie."said Nelsonshaking his hand..

"Yeah, Be easy man." I said.


Assistant District Attorney Daniel Varnier was embarrassed at the loss and furious with Lt. Tragg, who he felt bungled the case..


and he complained bitterly to the press after the trial, saying he "Never really believed that the bailiff, who he was quite fond of was guilty and that he repeatedly told Lt. Tragg to recanvass, find some more witnesses  and to look at different angles." In all fairness to Lt. Tragg, only some of this was true and very little.

Lt. Tragg wisely slipped out....He wanted to avoid the shellacking he knew he was going to get by the press corps.


"I'll be packing my things and moving back to my apartment... I'm gonna miss hanging out with you guys.  Thank you,....Thank you for taking on my case." said Tyrell.

"I want to see you graduate and pass the bar and try a case in court one of these days....That will be all the thanks I need." said Olivia..

"You'll be a fine lawyer, Tyrell, I just know you will." said Beverly.

"Of course you will."said Josie..

"Let's go to Sam Mothers, we are just in time for Friday Brunch." said Bresha. "To hell with Lt. Tragg."she said.
"Ohhhh I don't think you'll have to worry about him today."laughed Nelson..

"After the shellacking he took in the press by Daniel Varnier after the trial...I doubt if he wants to be seen in public." I said, laughing..

EPILOUGE-


Assistant District Attorney Bruce Green was never charged with conspiracy to commit his wife's murder...  The Late C.W. Mapp was accused of and thought to be the sole killer....There was no evidence that he had been paid to kill her... It was believed that he was obsessed with her and killed her when he found she was seeing someone else....That's the official story...
But police and other attorneys tended to look at ADA Bruce Green with suspicion everytime he came around and women shunned him....


Even Lt. Tragg kept his distance...


Tyrell Jones  graduated from Middleton Law School on time with his class.....



He had a big graduation and we were all there to see him walk with his class.


 


















 






 












 























We all turned out in force to see him walk proudly with his class..We all were so proud of him!






Dabnis helped him study for the bar, just as he'd helped Josie and a few others.


and Tyrell passed the bar with flying colors!


Bresha was there when he passed the bar.... It was in the middle of the week, a lot of us were in court or at work...

"Congratulations!  You are now a newly minted Attorney....What are you going to do now Tyrell?" she asked.


" Well I'm going out to California for a few weeks...I have Family out there, in the Bay Area...and then when I come back I'm gonna float some resume's around... I might even take a job in the Public Defender's Office, that's as good a place as ever to start...You get real good training there about what it is to be a lawyer in the real world.." said Tyrell.


"Some of my closest friends started out there...You'll be just fine." said Bresha.



"Thank you Bresha, thank you for everything, your talks, your inspiration and your associates, who saved my bacon...I'll never forget you." he said.

"You better not! "laughed Bresha.


FOR DANYL-


No comments:

Post a Comment