Thursday, December 1, 2022

Whole Lotta Lawyers

 

 

  


Olivia Marissa Bennett-Alexander

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law, Trial Advocacy -Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware, Louisiana, Texas, California

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender, -Philadelphia PA.

Worked for Bach and Roach LLC, as Associate Attorney

Founding partner-Alexander & West , Attorneys at law..

Divorced- Elwood Barnes..,Corporate Attorney 

No Children, two miscarriages..

Married-Donnie Ray Alexander

Beverly Cheryl West-East

Graduated , Philadelphia High School for Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law-Trial Advocacy, Temple University..

J.D.-University of Pennsylvania Law School

Passed the Bar, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Deleware, Louisiana, Texas, California

 Speaks French and Spanish Fluently...

Worked as a Public Defender,-Philadelphia PA.

 Founding Partner-Alexander & West Attorney's at Law.

Daughter of Olivia's Older Half Brother, James West... Olivia's Niece

Married to Nelson East.

Nelson Sean East

Graduated, West Catholic High School-Philadelphia PA.

B.A. Administration of Justice, Pre-Law- St. Johns University, New York City
Psychology Minor...

J.D. -St. Johns University Law School, New York City..

Passed The Bar , New York, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey, Texas, California 

Speaks Spanish , French and Russian Fluently...

Worked as
Public Defender, -Philadelphia PA.

 Associate Attorney at Robert Foxworth and Associates.

Associate Attorney at Alexander and West , Attorneys at law.

Married to Beverly West

Donnie Ray Alexander

Born and Raised in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Educated in New Orleans Public Schools..

Associates Degree- New Orleans Community College-Administration of Justice, Pre Law

Homicide Detective, New Orleans Police Department, Retired.

Principal Investigator, Alexander and West Attorneys at law-Philadelphia PA.

Married to Olivia Bennett

Also a semi-professional musician

Josephine Boyd

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Raised in Red Hook Section of New York City 

Bachelors of Science, Architecture from Fisk University

Master in Business Administration- University of Pennsylvania.

Para -Legal -Alexander & West Attorneys at law.

JD- Drexel  University Law School..

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Deleware, New York, Texas, California

Associate Attorney-Alexander & West, Attorneys at Law, Philadelphia.

Married to Paris Boyd


Bresha Billips

Graduated from Philadelphia High School For Girls

B.A. Administration of Justice,/ Trial advocacy /Pre Law- Lasalle University, Philadelphia PA.

J.D.- Middleton Law School, Bayside ,Pennsylvania.

Passed the bar, Pennsylvania, Deleware, New Jersey, New York, California.

Speaks Spanish and French Fluently...

Associate Attorney at Alexander and West , Attorneys at law...

Married to Attorney Tony Billips



David Charles

Born in Philadelphia Pa.

Graduated from Simon Gratz High School, Philadelphia PA.

BA-Administration of Justice, Trial Advocacy, Pre-Law- Temple University.

JD- Temple University School of Law

Passed the Bar in Pennsylvania/New York/Deleware/New Jersey

Speaks Spanish And French Fluently..

Currently working as a Public Defender- Philadelphia PA.

Single, No children



THE OFFICE OF  ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY LYNNE HEWITT-

She was studying the dossiers on all of the attorneys for Pedro Valdez's defense.. 

"There's a whole lotta lawyers involved in this case , on both sides ." she said.  "He's very fortunate..
A guy like him...Low income, young...Latino, normally couldn't afford good legal counsel, wouldn't wind up with a smart, dedicated Public Defender, who repped him this well.. or be lucky enough to attract the attention of a group of celebrity attorneys who agreed to take on his case Pro Bono." she said to fellow ADA Natalie Tennison.


"Yeah, he is fortunate..."said Natalie..

"Lt. Tragg thinks you engineered his defense...that you were angry because you were fired from the team and that you brought Olivia, Beverly and company into the defense.. He's in Jim Taylor's ear to go to D.A. Garcetti and try to charge you with some type of malfesence or something or other...It's insane...I'm just giving you a heads up..Look, your personal business is yours...I don't care if it's true or not...It doesn't matter...You were no longer involved with the prosecution so if you advised your boyfriend to seek help or not...it's of no consequence to me....I just thought you should know."said Lynne.


"I have nothing to do with the defense whatsoever...absolutely nothing...I don't know their strategy or what they are planning to present... I am personally involved with Mr. Charles and that involvement began  before this case even started...Still I was going to do my best to help with the prosecution and that preening peacock who you are working with, Jim "Jumpshot Jim" Taylor  took the advice of Lt. Tragg, an even bigger imbecile and dropped me from the team...for no apparent reason, no justifiable reason...I'm no longer involved...and personally, I hope you guys lose... Any case involving Lt. Tragg is poorly investigated if investigated at all, things are left out, witnesses aren't checked out...He doesn't thoroughly read the Autopsy or Crime Scene reports and his reports look like a high school kid's book report.."said Natalie.

"Girrrrrl, you're preaching to the choir... I can't get Jim to take this case seriously... He's busy running to press conferences and talking to agents about movie and TV deals and leaving all the work for Chris and me...meanwhile that boob Lt. Tragg doesn't take any of my suggestions...and I'm constantly fighting off his sexual advances... I hate being on this team...I hear what you are saying...I just thought I'd give you a heads up."said Lynne.



"Thanks girl, but I'm good...I didn't do anything wrong and Lt. Tragg has no proof of any of his charges."said Natalie.


THE OFFICE OF DISTRICT ATTORNEY GARCETTI

"What do you want me to do?  So what if she did tell this Public Defender to get some help?  She was no longer part of the Prosecution, so she didn't do anything wrong...Nothing I can punish her for...Besides, you don't have any proof that she did or said anything. Just Lt. Tragg's sour grapes because they've made him look like a fool so many times." said D.A. Garcetti.


"All I know is..Olivia and her niece and her band of merry misfits were in the visitor's section observing the arraignment... I fired Natalie, Brooke then quit and the next thing I know..This jamolk,
Pedro Valez, has the best attorneys money can buy in addition to his Public Defender."complained Jumpshot Jim.

''So what? Are you scared? You've been up against Olivia and Beverly before.....I gave you two up and coming young superstars in this Office, Brooke Kennedy and Natalie Tennison and you fired one for no reason at all and offended the other one... Oh and that bullshit excuse you gave me, "Too much sexual tension between me and Brooke.." I'm calling bullshit...She got married yesterday to an Attorney over in the U.S.Attorney's Office and from I'm what hearing, They had been married before and got back together during the time Olivia and Beverly defended her on those federal charges...She wasn't thinking about you....You had two superstars....You've got my son and Lynne Hewitt now...Don't screw it up and light a fire up under Tragg...Make sure he gets you what you want....Now get out of here." said D.A. Garcetti.

"Yes Sir." he said..



We had finished eating and were all sitting in the conference room....

We were having one last meeting.

"Okay Guys...We are as ready was we will ever be...The Preliminary is Tuesday Morning ,Courtroom D, at 10:00 AM....Judge Coughlin is presiding...The ADA is James "Jumpshot Jim" Taylor...We've been up against him before. with Chris Garcetti and Lynne Hewitt assisting."said Olivia.
"I took Pedro's DNA samples to the M.E.'s Office...They will be compared against the Semen found inside of the deceased  Mrs. Cutter and in her panties and saliva on her bra...If it's not a match...We have a good argument for this being the work of someone else. Also...The fingerprints on the pack of cigarettes are being researched...We don't have a match yet. Hopefully by Tuesday, We'll have what we need. This killer made some mistakes, glaring mistakes the police should have picked up on." I said.
"Anybody other than Lieutenant Tragg would have picked up on it." said Nelson.
"I sure hope he doesn't become a P.I. when he retires." said Beverly..

The room roared with laughter.
"I'm taking the suit you got me for Pedro up to the prison tomorrow morning." said David Charles.
"I talked to him earlier.. He's gotten his hair cut by the barber up there and he's shaved." he added.
"Good . We want him to look as presentable as possible for trial." said Josie.
"Tony and I drove up to Kensington....The Murder occurred in Mayfair around 5:00 pm...Now Pedro was working up at the K& A.. We drove it and timed it.. Pedro was in the K& A... Technically in a car he could have done this...but it would be a stretch...He would have had to make every light....longshot and been flooring it..Another longshot... His girlfriend stated he arrived home at 7:15 and then went back out again... He was arrested at 8:00 pm...  He was working a construction job in the K&A.. He got off work at 5:00 pm... We have witnesses...He was nowhere near the murder."said Bresha.

"This is our defense...He couldn't have done it because he wasn't in the area, he was working..And if the DNA test comes back not a match...That proves someone else was involved."said Olivia.



"I want to thank you guys for all of your help...I can't wait to get to court." said David Charles.

''Awww You're so welcome...Feel Free to call us for advice anytime you might need it." said Olivia.
"And if you need to use our facilities in the future..just let us know ahead of time."said Beverly.
"We were Public Defenders too, We know how it is." said Nelson.
"Plus, we believe this kid is innocent and was shanghied..We want to do something about that." I said.
"Awwwwwwwww thank you...You're welcome!"said Josie.

"Awwwwwwwww thank you...You're welcome!"said Bresha.


"Your flower order went through... Natalie should get them within the coming hour.." said Alfreda.

"Thank You!"said David Charles, smiling broadly...
THE OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY  NATALIE TENNISON!
Tulips arrived from David Charles to Natalie..

She smiled and ran a vase full of water and placed the flowers in them...

She sighed and smiled...She hadn't felt this giddy since she had been a teenaged girl.



II-


In the media room I was staring at film footage from local stores in the area...


Olivia walked in and put her arms around my neck..

"What are you looking at?" she asked.

" Store footage....Those cigarettes found in the car were purchased from this store...unfortunately with cash.....but, I checked Mrs. Cutter's financials...She bought groceries from this store the same day at 3:30 using a debit card to pay for her groceries. What if the killer saw her in the store purchasing groceries and somehow followed her home? "I asked.

''Followed her in what? On foot?"asked Olivia.


"I had a problem with that too, but she only lived five blocks away...She didn't take the car...she walked...I think her killer was in this store and followed her on foot.. I've just got to see who bought that pack of cigarettes.." I said.

"You are something else...The Luckiest day of my life was the day I met you.. You're my best friend.."said Olivia.


We kissed passionately for a few minutes.....

''Donnie Ray , I narrowed down four men who frequent that Grocery store from the cell phone towers..
These four guys." said Nelson showing me four glossies.
"I eliminated two of them...One is Gay and the other one is recently married and crazy about his wife..The way all men should be , who are married."said Beverly.
Josie laughed....''We have to eliminate one of these guys...We are working on it."laughed Josie.

"You ought to take Natalie out someplace nice tonight...Just you and her...There is nothing else for you to do around here." said Bresha to David Charles.


"Yeah Bree, that's a good Idea..."said David Charles..

'We are all finished here.....Take her someplace nice...She'd really like that...Just the two of you..."said Olivia warmly..
"You'll be in your car, just don't go anywhere Lt. Tragg is likely to be....He is probably on a war path right now...Getting locked up...Forced to send us an apology and that deli platter...The last person he'd want to see is you..." said Beverly.


"Oh No doubt! We are all going to be in Josie's tonight...Someplace he won't be...And a place we can have peace..."said Nelson.


"Take her to Bottom of The C. Dollar Bill's joint...Ralph Scallion, the chef is an excellent cook.."said Josie, winking...


"I'll do that, thanks guys." said David Charles...


One Place that hadn't changed was Josie's Bar and Grill... It had been in this area a long time and was the place many of us first hung out when we moved in this area..An area with old abandoned warehouses at one time that now had new homes, condos , lofts ,apartment complexes, Shopping centers, business's ,  the works...

Even Josie's had changed...Once a bust out joint...It had expanded...It had a stage...A House band and hosted numerous D.J.'s, Singers, Bands ,Comedians practically everyday of the week...and on Sundays had a "World Famous Brunch" and the house band played music while you ate...Despite Aqua Bar, Stoleys and the Mermaid Club drawing crowds.....Josie's was still the jewel of the neighborhood, Where everybody hung out...Tonight was no different...It was Friday...end of a long week..


Josie's was packed as usual... but we all arrived early enough to stake out our little corner in the back..

"It's a typical Friday Night in here." said Olivia... 
"Yeah, glad I'm not playing tonight." I said.
"There is a comedian coming on in an hour...I hope he or she is funny."said Beverly..
'As long as it's not our lawyer friend...We got nothing to worry about."said Nelson..
"Oh my god yes, she'll empty this place." said Josie.
Her husband, Paris cracked up laughing...

Bresha and her husband shared a soft kiss...






Alfreda turned to a smiling Rockland and said.. "Don't get any ideas....They haven't seen each other all day...You've been on me all day...Coming over for lunch and not wanting to go back." she laughed..
"Ummmmmmmmmph, wait til we get home."whispered Rockland in her ear...

''Haven't been in here in a couple of weeks.." laughed Yvette.
"Yeah, but this place always feels like home.." said Gary....
"Ummmm you smell great tonight Bee, is that a new perfume?" asked Keith Jones..
"Yessssss...you notice everything about me... Ummmmmmm and I like that." she whispered and smiled.

Sofia just leaned into her husband, Kahlil' arms and smiled at him.. He was wearing the biggest smile ever...

The same thing with Jade and her husband, Danny....Just leaning into his arms and smiling.
"Ouu Jetty, I'm so excited...So excited to be your wife soon....and to be a homeowner...  This time last year my home was a prison cell upstate...and now I'm free, got a new job, new friends and about to have a new man...Ouuuuuu this is wonderful..."gushed Virginia.
"I'm happy for you baby and even happier for me...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu." moaned Jetty, who was getting aroused just seeing the excitement on his future wife's face.
Jazzy playfully removed her husband's hand from under her dress..

"Control yourself Dabnis, tee heee...." she  giggled.
"I can't control myself or my erections, when I'm around you.." Dabnis whispered in her ear...
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu....Ummmmmmph." Kayla moaned.... Ray had his hands up her skirt, rubbing her legs...
"Am I going to get some Boo Boo tonight?" he whispered in her ear..
They kissed passionately in the corner..
"Ummmmmmmmmm yes...yesssssssss." Kayla moaned..
"Papi.....Papi....Ouuuuuuuuuuu papi..." Jessica moaned softly...
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" moaned her husband, Chip.
as they kissed passionately...



Zoey and Lem , the only members of our circle of friends , who didn't live on our block joined us...We had saved a table for them...

Even other cops found a refuge in Josie's from Lt. Tragg... Lt. Sissy Van Buren , her husband and her entire team of detectives and their spouses all entered and found seats...They smiled and waved at us...
This is the way it used to be in Sam Mother's diner. All of us eating, laughing, some of us talking shop, some of us not... A nice community... They lived a few blocks from us in a cul de sac...

They had their own new building to eat in... 



Though Lt. Tragg often came there to pester them and whine and complain.. He didn't eat in their cafeteria, which was a few floors up. A Dining Facility they shared with the Feds.

"This is the way I remember Josie's...All of our friends in here...Drinking, Dancing, Like tonight."said Sissy wistfully.

"Josie's used to be the only game in town, this section anyway... but Aqua Bar and Stoleys and even the Mermaid Crabhouse gives them a little competition now.."said Sissy's husband, Eddie C,
"Remember Ciros?  I think that joint burned down.."said Tyriq.
"I used to Pop in there occassionally."said Sirena, Tyriq's wife.
"Yeah me too...before I met Carlotta."said ADA Keith Wallace..
"Trying to pick up girls eh?" joked his wife, Carlotta.
"You were the only girl I wanted to pick up Chocolate Sundae.." whispered Jimmy into his wife's ear..
Angie Giggled... "Now I'm Chocolate Sundae?" said Angie , amused by her husband's cute little nicknames for her.
"It was just Josie's for me...I was out of town many of those early years...This was all I knew when I came home."said Sharon, who was sitting on her husband, Tony Hopkins's lap..
Tony was holding her tight and hugging her..
"Happy to be off tonight baby?" asked Duke..
His wife Dr. Hazel Baylor smiled..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, Marcy's off too,so if there is any loss of life...We don't have to stare into Lt. Tragg's face....."remarked Hazel..


Tonight there was a whole lot of lawyers and a whole lot of cops in Josie's...and everybody was having a stress free night and a good time.


III-


 BOTTOM OF THE C RESTAURANT-

Natalie Tennison and David Charles were out to dinner... Natalie hadn't been taken out on a date in three years...

David had sent her flowers and then picked her up from work...driving her back to Olivia and Beverly's house, so she could shower and change...




She was a s giddy as a school girl...This guy who she had regarded as a "Nerd"  and who she hadn't paid much attention to had treated her better than a legion of "fly guys" who had wined and dined her..

David was romantic... He sent her flowers...He called her , mostly for no reason, just to hear her voice and he made love to her like no other...

He was definitely a keeper..she thought!

"David this is beautiful...I can't believe such a tragic case brought us together like this." said Natalie.
"Why don't you move in with me?" he asked.. "I like waking up next to you every morning." he said.


"Ahhhhhhhhh slow it down playa... I like you...I really do..and I consider myself your girlfriend....but let's not go too fast.. Let's take it slow, see how things go...then after a few months..We'll see how I feel and then we'll take that step.okay?" said Natalie.

"Okay!  I guess I am getting a little ahead of myself." he said.

Natalie took his hand into hers... "You really do like me don't you? WOWWWWW!   And I like you...I'm not going anywhere..Relax...I wish you would have shot your shot sooner back when I was still working in the Public Defender's office...Think of where we'd be right now...."she said softly and smiled.


"Married?" said David.


Natalie laughed... "Yeah probably...You are a trip..." she said and laughed some more.  He liked the way she laughed..





Their New York Strip Steaks Arrived and their Martinis...


After their meal she was given a bouquet of roses...


"OH MY GOD!!! AWWWWWWWW DAVID......THANK YOU!!!!!" she said, tears streaming down her face...


She kissed him passionately......

"Let's go home....I mean back to Olivia and Beverly's place." she whispered.


"Check Please!" said Charles....

They returned at a little after midnight...




There was no sign that anyone was home... We were all still out at Josie's...

David and Natalie retreated to the sub-basement room they were staying in...

They were kissing as soon as they got inside and down the stairs...
"OUUUUUUU DAVID, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M FEELING....BUT I LIKE IT!! OUUUUUUUUUU!" said Natalie.
"I feel the same way Nat....DAMNNNNNNNN WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?" he said as he lifted her skirt over her head and she unbuckled his trousers..

"AWWWWWWWWWW OH MY DAMNNNNN!" he laughed..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OUUUUUUUU! LOOK AT YOU....HOW DOES YOUR BOXERS CONTAIN ALL OF THIS?? MYYYY GOOODNESS!" she moaned.

They continued kissing ...practically devouring each other's lips..

He slipped her panties off.....



"OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!OUUUUUUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" she screamed. 

He lifted her up and long stroked her.. 

 "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GODDDDDD!!OUUUUUUUUUUU WOUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed. 

 Her body trembled and she had a quick almost embarrassing orgasm...


He placed her on the bathroom sink and began pounding into her..

"OHHHHHHH I'VE NEEDED THIS SOOO LONG!!!! OUUUUUUUUUU  UMMMMMMMMM!" she yelled out...

She was having multiple orgasms.....

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWDD," he yelled out...


HE LIFTED HER UP AND ENTERED HER AGAIN!!!

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!  WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! OUUUUU HOOOO
HOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO OUUUUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMMM YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS...OUUUUUUUUU GET IT BABY!....YESSSS ALL BIG AND HARD...LOOK WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO MEEEEE!" she cooed.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! LAWDDDDDDDDDDD!" he moaned..

SHE WAS HAVING ANOTHER ORGASM...HER BODY TREMBLING!


"I THINK I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU.....I CAN'T HELP IT!!!   OH MY GODDDDD!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE LIKED YOU....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he cried out..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...IT'S OKAY...IT'S OKAYYY... I THINK I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU TOO!! OUUUUUUUUUU!" she screamed out...

She orgasmed again.....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed, her body trembling, her head turning from side to side...tears streaming down the side of her face...

They made crazy love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS....


They continued kissing...and making love on the floor for the next THREE TO FOUR HOURS.




"OUUUUUUUUU I'M ABOUT TO CUMMM AGAIN!!!!" she screamed...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" he moaned..Cumming so hard, he felt as if he were dying.


They slept peacefully, both very satisfied..


They were both embarrassed when they emerged from our sub-basement Saturday Morning at around a quarter to 11:00 and saw everybody sitting outside with laundry bags...

''What's going on?" asked Natalie., startled.
"Nobody wanted to wake you guys up..but since you are up...You've probably both got some things that need to be washed.. I've got an extra laundry bag if you need it...So Does Nelson.. This is a little thing we do called Laundry Day...We are waiting for the buses..The buses all take us across town to this beautiful laundromat we discovered and ever so often...We do all of our laundry there and hang out..It's great fun....and there will be food.. My mother's caterer caters the event..You're both welcome."said Beverly...

Natalie smiled. "You guys are too much!! I LOVE IT!!" she said, smiling.
"OH WOW!!  I've got a pile of dirty laundry."said David.
''Well bag it up and come with us..We'll wait."said Olivia.
"Yeah...the buses aren't even here yet." I said.
"I'll bet their bed was squeaking last night."whispered Bresha to her husband..
"Oh No doubt.. All of our beds were squeaking last night." laughed Tony...
"Nat got some last night...I got some too didn't I?" laughed Jazzy to her husband..
"I know I did..."Joked Dabnis.
"Ummmph I know that boy tore her up last night. He's crazy about that girl...Just like you're crazy about me."joked Alfreda.

"I been crazy about you." laughed Rockland.


"The Buses will be here in 15 minutes." said Nelson.

Across the street, Kayla, her husband, Ray, Josie, her husband, Paris,Jessica, her husband, Chip, Yvette , her husband, Gary, Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Jade, her husband, Danny, all stood with laundry bags.
"Hiiiiii Nat, Hi David!!"said Kayla, waving.
''What's up mane?" said her husband, Ray, smiling slyly..
"Hi David, Hi Natalie."said Josie.
"Coming with us?" asked Paris.
"Of course they are..What else is there to do?" asked Jessica.
"I can uh think of a few things."joked Chip.
"I'm sure they took care of that last night." said Yvette.
"Ha Ha Ha...I'm sure they did!"laughed Gary.
"Hey Natalie.,Hey David!"said Keith.
"Hey Natalie.,Hey David!"said Bee Bee waving.
"Hola Natalie, Hola David."said Sofia, smiling.
"What's up guys?" said Kahlil.
"Gooood Morning!" said Jade, still yawning.
"Good Morning everyone." said Danny.

Two cars drove and parked in back of Olivia's house, where He and Natalie had parked their cars.

Soon to be new neighbors, Virginia Shaw and her fiance, Judge Jetty Dukes and Zoey and Lem Easter.

"Hey guys...don't forget about us."said Virginia.
"Ummmmmph, I feel like I'm your husband already." said Jetty, lugging two bags of laundry out of the trunk.
"Hiiii everybody." said Zoey...

"Hey guys." said Lem, who were the only two people who did not live on this block going.

"Come on New Boyfriend...Let's get our laundry....."laughed Natalie..
''WOW! I'm your boyfriend now. Imagine that!" 


The Buses pulled off 


Like everybody else...Natalie and David were amazed at the size and modern appliances in this laundromat, Several 64 inch monitors with sports and news showing...lots of room and modern washers and dryers...

A Catered Breakfast
Hoagies for Lunch for everybody...
Plenty of Hot Coffee 

and soda.

Even something as mundane as Laundry had become a fun event..  God Bless Olivia and Beverly.


for organizing this , for letting her and David stay with them...


This was the happiest week of her life.. She'd almost hate it when the trial was over.


IV-


MONDAY-THE DAY BEFORE THE PRELIMINARY HEARING!


"Hazel told me that they are rushing to get the DNA results and comparison to Pedro's DNA..She said at the earliest, We'll have them Tuesday...at the latest, Wednesday.."I said.

"We have his alibi nailed down...Time cards and witnesses from his job...I think we can prove he wasn't there and couldn't have made that trek according to Lt. Tragg's own time table."said Olivia.


"I got in contact with Dr. Oakley...


He went up to the prison with David This morning to meet with and give an assessment of  Pedro and determine if he was capable of committing such a crime.. Our argument that this crime was committed by a Psychopath and Pedro is far from that." said Beverly.



"I think we have a vigourous enough defense to get us through the pre-liminaries.."said Josie..


"I've narrowed down the type of jurors we want....assuming we don't wrap this thing up in the prelims.."said Nelson.

''Wishful thinking Nelson, but I'm pretty sure we are going to trial." said Olivia. "Oh Look, Bresha and David are returning from CFC." said Olivia , smiling.
"We're back..Pedro is in good spirits...We've convinced him that he's not going to die nor spend the rest of his life in prison."said the always cheerful Bresha.

"It was good having Dr. Oakley there. He made everyone feel better... We are going to win this.. I feel more confident now than I ever have."said David..


"That's the spirit." said Olivia, smiling.

The doorbell rang!


Alfreda  answered the door..


It was ADA's Lynne Hewitt and Chris Garcetti

"Hello Olivia, Beverly, guys...Nice place you have here." she said.


''Nice place Liv, Beverly." said Chris.

''Thank you..Is this a social call or business?" asked Olivia, joking.. She knew if they were visiting her ,it was business.


ADA Lynne Hewitt said-

"ADA James Taylor did not want us to share this with you...but you'd discover this in discovery anyway." she said and dropped a plastic bag on the table.

It contained a Central High School Class of 1987 ring.

"This was delivered to the District Attorney's office Friday afternoon with the mail with no return address. along with this letter. "This is Mr. Cutter's class ring that was stolen." said Lynne Hewitt.

She placed another plastic bag on the table.. It had a letter that used letters from the newspapers and magazines that read-

"You gOT tHE WrOng gUy!"  

"Well that's what we've been trying to tell you." said Beverly.




"Come on... You guys could have sent this for all we know."said Chris Garcetti.


"Don't come here and insult us." I said getting visibly angry...


"No...No..No...We don't think you guys did that...Forgive my associate."said Lynne Hewitt, "But I don't rule out Pedro Valdez sending this himself."she said.


" FROM JAIL??? "asked Nelson.

"He's been locked up since day one...you can't be serious." said Josie.



"Not him personally but a family member or one of his friends."said Chris Garcetti.


"How about this? How bout someone close to the real killer, who knows who the real killer is and is afraid to come forward?" said Bresha.

''Well we can speculate all we want until we know the truth..but we thought we should be as transparent with you guys as possible." said Lynne Hewitt.
''Thank You both..and when we get the DNA evidence back, we will also be forthcoming." promised Olivia.
"Oh and just so you know...We have subpoened  Pedro's girlfriend...She'll be a witness for the prosecution." Chris laughed.
"WHAT?" David said...For the first time, he looked Surprised.



SAM MOTHER'S DINER-

ADA Natalie Tennison was enjoying a corn beef special and chips and Organic Orange Tea.



On any other Monday, Natalie would feel lonely.. Her best friend, Brooke was on her honeymoon



with her new husband, Sean. She missed her, but she'd be back next week.


She had just had the best week of her life, Riding the train to work with her friends....and staying in Olivia and Beverly's sub-basement  with her new man and partying with and hanging out with all of these great people that lived on Olivia and Beverly's block and who all worked together and partied together. Even doing laundry with them all this weekend was fun..

She was happier than she'd been in a long time. 

THEN HE WALKED IN- Lt. Tragg


"YOU!   ANGRY BECAUSE YOU GOT KICKED OFF THE TEAM, SO YOU GOT YOUR BOYFRIEND TO ENLIST OLIVIA AND BEVERLY TO HELP HIM AND THE GUTLESS PUSSY WHIPPED WIMP DID IT!! YOU'RE DEPLORABLE!" he bellowed.


"Scared ? Scared that with their help he's going to beat your guy? Donnie Ray has already ordered DNA tests on the semen in her body and in her underwear and gotten samples of Pedro's DNA to compare it with....Something YOU should have done right after you made an arrest...I told you that before I got kicked off the team.  He's having the pack of cigarettes found in the SUV, that don't seem to belong to anyone checked too, again, something I told you to do before Olivia and her team was even involved...but you failed to listen..You didn't even read the full crime report...You didn't know about the pack of cigarettes found in the back of the Vehicle until Brooke told you. No, your bruised little ego had you complaining to Jim"Jumpshot Jim" Taylor, who also has a bruised ego and you guys dropped me from the team for no good reason...I was working for you..I was going all in for you guys...So don't bitch and complain to me, because other people beat YOU to evidence.. Evidence you had a head start on." said Natalie.


Talking to Lt. Tragg was like talking to a brick wall . Despite the fact that everything she said was true..
he brushed it off as though she had said nothing.. "You were being bossy and petty. Lucky for you our District Attorney is a gutless wonder who refused to punish you in any way." he snarled.


"Punish me for what? I'm no longer on the prosecution team, so any conversation I have with any attorney is simply my business...Plus you have no proof I told or suggested to David Charles to enlist the help of Olivia and Beverly...You didn't hear me and no one else heard me or told you..You have nothing but your own mindless theory dredged up by your own bruised little ego...You're a pathetic petty little man." said Natalie, who turned and continued eating her sandwich and chips and sipping her tea..

Nothing was going to blow her high... She finished, tossed a few dollars on the counter and walked out.
Leaving him standing there, with his usual blank expression.


Breathing Heavy and Livid!

(CONCLUSION NEXT)


7 comments:

  1. You have created some great complimentary charactors and a beautiful community...I love that they all live so close, they all get along with each other and socialize together..Whether it's drinking and dancing at the same clubs, eating at the same establishments or each others homes or roller skating together.. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these charactors and am loving the love story aspect more than the mystery of who committed this murder and rape.. I'm pretty sure this kid didn't do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this kid didn't do it... I can't believe how ineffective and sloppy a detective Lt. Tragg is... He seems more interested in being on TV or in front of the press than doing good police work, that he would sacrifice this poor kid's life for his own personal fame makes him more villianous than the monster who actually committed this crime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Lt. Tragg's defense...At the time he makes these arrests, he actually believes the person is guilty and he is so single minded no one can convince him other wise.. He is a Misogynist, who resents Olivia and Yvette for being strong willed and intelligent women and he views female ADA's as no more than window dressing or vehicles for his sexual pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sean, That was a Defense of Lt. Tragg? Glad you're not a lawyer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties...That sex scene in the sub-basement was hot!

    ReplyDelete