Monday, December 6, 2021

The Alternative Juror

We sat in a very tony rooftop coffee shop in midtown with a very interesting client, Attorney Brenda Jordan.


"You laugh Olivia....Whatever else happened between us...I have always admired you and your niece and your associates..Even after that unfortunate business with former U.S. Attorney Evile Younger, who I unfortunately was employed by." said Attorney Brenda Jordan.

"I've kept up with you...I know you've been involved in some big cases here in Philly and you and my very best friend and sister, Yvette Jones have become somewhat friends...Which is the only reason we agreed to this meet.. Yvette says you're alright...but I gotta know.. Considering your history and friendship with my girl, Yvette...Why aren't you asking for their services?" asked  Olivia.

"They're not available right now.... I'm sure you know, 


Yvette just made managing partner with her firm and has been in meetings with partners most of the week at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt, regarding transition and moving on to the new site..

Two of her attorneys...






Keith Jones and Beatrice Evans Jones are working on a Wrongful Conviction case with Jasmine Coley, your cousin, Kayla Bennett- St. Jacques and Dabnis Coley with ADA Karen Page and the city's WRONGFUL CONVICTION UNIT.

while her other two associates, 







Sofia Garcia-Ahmed and her husband, Kahlil Ahmed are working a big immigration case with Jessica
Sanchez Burrows and Charles "Chip" Burrows..




Even her investigator Jade is busy, being stretched thin with  the wrongful conviction case, the immigration case and a case involving your cousin's husband Ray and the Cyclops Insurance company..." said Brenda.

"They are all good...but you guys are the BEST...and for the situation I'm in...I can think of no better defense attorneys than you guys... Since I last saw you I see a lot has changed .... Your niece's husband, Nelson, who was just a consultant then , has joined your firm, and Josephine Boyd has graduated from law school and passed the bar and is an attorney at your firm and it looks like you've added yet another attorney..." said Brenda.

"Myyy , you do your homework Ms. Jordan..." said Olivia, finally smiling.
"I'll say." said Beverly, also smiling.
"You research well enough to partner with me.."I joked.
Nelson said nothing..He remained silent.. He remembered all too well the last time we met up with Brenda Jordan, when she had been an assistant of former Attorney Eville Younger, who tried to blackmail us into dropping a case by bringing up the age old disappearence of Basil Riley, who used to
date Beverly's mother, Alfreda and railroad his case
Josie, who was a para-legal then and in law school remembered the case very well, She sat silently, listening..Withholding judgement..
Bresha ,who wasn't with us then, just sat silently and sipped her coffee.
As a second round of coffee's were sat in front of us..



It was a brisk winter day...We sat outside on the rooftop with electric heaters near our table and looked at the view of the city.
"You're a litigator, a heavy hitter...You've won some pretty big cases.. You sound like you're in need of a defense attorney....Are you involved in a criminal matter?" asked Olivia.

''Yes, Olivia.. I was arrested by the FBI last week..




Charged with Witness Tampering....A Juror in a recent case I won charged me with bribing him....He said I paid him 50 large....to vote in favor of my client... I'm telling you...I did no such thing..I would never." said Brenda.

"WOW...That's a hell of a bribe." said Beverly..
"Damn...." said Nelson, shaking his head..


"Look I haven't been an angel throughout my career, I know.. I slept with a client , a perspective client once back in D.C. and I slept with a court employee to get him to steer clients my firm's way... I liked to win and I was ambitious early on in my career...I did anything to win...but I never crossed the line..I never broke the law..." pleaded Brenda..


"You were censored by the Legal Ethics Board and you were dismissed from your D.C. Law firm because of your ambitiousness and that caused trouble in your marriage." I said.

"Yes...that's true...but witness tampering....That's never been me...I like to win, but not to that extent..I have never and WOULD never bribe any juror...I like being an attorney...That's all I ever wanted to be..
I was a super nerd , growing up...I read law books for fun... I read all of Grisham's novels..I woud never jeapordize my license.."said Cheryl.

"You said you were arrested last week.. what are you doing out?" asked Olivia.


"I made several calls while I was locked up before they took my phone..


I called Judge Elise Clemmons and got her to arraign me...



I found myself  in front of her in Big Fed...


I found myself arguing my case in front of her... and an Assistant U.S. Attorney, who I was told would not being hearing my case when it came to trial..

He wasn't even up to speed on my case...


Judge Clemmons set bail at $2000.00 and my firm paid my bail and advised me to get counsel from outside of the firm...Which is what I was going to do anyway...
"I went to Yvette...and Yvette told me that she was busy and that her staff was booked solid...
Then she told me to contact you Olivia...She said you were the best defense attorneys money could buy and exactly what I needed." she said.

''Yvette obviously isn't aware of our particular history with you is she?" asked Nelson.
"Apparently Not."said Josie..

I remained silent..

Brenda hung her head..

"I uh understand how you feel...I'm uh sorry to have wasted your time....If you won't take my case ,could you steer me to someone who would?" she asked.

''Wait a minute...We didn't say we definitely weren't going to take your case...but I want a consensus here amongst my staff...If any one feels strongly against us taking this case...We won't take it.. It has to be unanimous. What say you staff?" asked  Olivia.
"I'm willing to let by gones be bygones." said Beverly..
''So Am I."said Nelson surprisingly.
"Me too!" said Josie surprisingly..
"If Yvette says you're okay..I suppose you're okay.." I said.
"Then it's unanimous." said Bresha..

Brenda looked as if she might cry....She said.. "Thank you...Thank you so much..." she said.


"Now.. You tell us everything, don't leave anything out and we'll decide how we go from there." said Olivia. 

II-


We moved inside...

"This is much better...Electric heater or not, it was starting to get cold out there on the terrence." said Olivia.
"Another round of coffee's." said Beverly..
"Good Idea...I'd be down for some soups." said Nelson..
"Yes.. Me too!"laughed Josie.. It was the first time Josie had smiled in Brenda's presence since she had been here..
''Why not both...Look at the menus." I said.
"Good Idea." said Bresha.


Brenda looked a little comfortable now....She began to talk...


I was representing 48 people in a class action suit against a Multi  National Conglomerate called Smokehouse Inc. They produced a product that was highly carcinogenic...Several of these people either came down with cancer or had a spouse or parent who came down with cancer and died..


I was up against a very good opposing cousnel, Haley Masters..

She was very good , very well prepared...

A lot was riding on this case... A lot...145 Million dollars is what I was asking...And Haley fought me tooth and nail..

A trial that would have lasted normally about three or four days ballooned into a two months.....A week before I closed my case...A Juror got sick...and had to be hospitalized...
Then we got an alternative juror, An older gentleman named Sam Gentile.  I didn't know the man , had only seen him for a week...

Finally, the trial was over... I was exhausted..


The Judge said ''Has the juror come to a decision..?"

''We have Your honor."said the foreman..

"Baillif" he said.

The bailiff brought the verdict to him...He read it ,then passed it to the bailiff.

"We the jury ruled in favor of the plaintiffs in the case against  Smokehouse Inc. and we award a payment of 150 million dollars!" they said..

"I jumped for joy Olivia..Beverly...This trial had taken two months out of  my life...and 150 million dollars was 5 Million more than I asked for... My plaintiffs were joyous...My Firm gave me a bonus and a promise of being made partner the next round of voting...I was high as you can imagine.."

Haley Master was livid...Tears flowed down her face.. Her face was as red as a beet...She walked up to me..

"I plan to appeal this...I want you to know." she said angrilly...

"That's your right.." I said..


"THIS IS NOT OVER!" she said.


"I got a chill down my spine..." said  Brenda.

"That sounds like a threat!" said Bresha.
"It does, but people have a right to appeal... I mean, all attorneys appeal rulings from time to time." stated Nelson matter of factly.
"Well Did she?" asked Josie.


"Well not right away...That was a Friday..

That Monday, Everyone at my office was popping bottles ...

Champaigne was served... This was the largest single settlement in the firms history....

My future partnership was a bygone conclusion.....and then...



Assistant U.S. Attorney Karla Williams appeared in our office..

''Attorney Brenda Jordan....I'm U.S. Attorney Karla Williams , Ms. Jordan...I have a warrant for your arrest." she said.

"Is this a joke? A Warrant for my arrest , for what?" I asked incredulously...


"I'm afraid it's no joke...I'm Deputy FBI/ATF Special Agent in charge, Sharon Hopkins...and a juror in the Smokehouse case , a Samuel Gentile claims that you paid hm 50K for his vote on the Smokehouse verdict...I'm afraid I'm going to have to place you under arrest for Jury Tampering.." she said.


A team of FBI agents handcuffed me and spirited me off to jail at the Federal Building..




"I made several calls while I was locked up 


before they took my phone..


I called Judge Elise Clemmons and got her to arraign me...



I found myself  in front of her in Big Fed...


I found myself arguing my case in front of her... and an Assistant U.S. Attorney, who I was told would not being hearing my case when it came to trial..

He wasn't even up to speed on my case...


Judge Clemmons set bail at $2000.00 and my firm paid my bail and advised me to get counsel from outside of the firm...Which is what I was going to do anyway...


"If convicted...You'll be disbarred and you'll face 10-15 years in federal prison."said Olivia.


"Ohhhh my." said Bresha.


"I don't relish either alternative..." said Brenda..


Beverly gulped... We never went anywhere near jurors when we had any kind of trial.. She remembered  one time a juror she thought was cute, who smiled at her the entire selection period, got her phone number and started calling her.. He wanted a date after the trial..She reported him immediately and got him removed.from the jury.  She was a Public Defender then..



Josie and Bresha got a lot of attention from male baillifs and potential jurors alike. They didn't make eye contact or talk to members of the jury pool at all...


Only Nelson spoke to jurors, during Voir Dire.

I sat back and soaked all of this in and contemplated where my investigation began.

Our Last round of coffees arrived..
"Brenda, don't go back to work... Take a leave of absence if you can...Under the circumstances that should be understandable.. Go to a hotel..Sign yourself in under your name." said Olivia.

"Take this Portal, we will communicate with you ." said Beverly.

"Oh wowwww! You guys are high tech." laughed Brenda.



"Here is a burner phone, We take no chances...All of your communications with us should be through this phone." said Nelson.
"It's a clean phone.." said Josie.
''And here is three sim cards...Change it every two days." said Bresha.


"I like the way you guys work." said Brenda.. "Thank you so much for forgiving me and taking my case.." said Brenda , who was very contrite, more contrite than I had seen her.

''This is what we do.. Defense..Difficult defenses." said Olivia.


''And this is a difficult defense, but not an impossible one." said Beverly.


" I wish I had your optimism Beverly..."laughed Cheryl.

"Sit Tight...we are going to try and get back with you with some good news." I said.
"Yeah.." said Nelson.
''Well let's get out of here and get to it." said Josie.



"Bye Now." said Bresha as we got up and filed out..


"Good Bye and thank you again." said Brenda..who laid her head down on a table and cried after we left.. She was afraid.




III-


We arrived back at our Office/Duplex...


We sat around our conference room table..
"Well from what I have looked at the Government's case can't prove the money actually came from Brenda Jordan's personal bank account or her law firm's account.." I said.
"But they have the alternative juror , Samuel Gentile's word that he was offered a bribe..
He said he received 50K in cash personally from her the night before the verdict was delivered." said Olivia.
"She said she was home alone." said Beverly...

''Damn, that's not really an alibi...If only she had company, somebody who could  co sign her alibi." said Nelson.
''Well we have our work cut out for us." said Bresha.
''We usually do." said Josie.


"I'm going to look through his bank accounts and hers.." I said.

"He said she gave it to him...Look for withdrawals from her accounts recently...We are going to need all of her devices." said Olivia.
"I can help you Donnie Ray." said Josie.

"I'll help too." said Beverly.

And in our kitchen...our office manager, Alfreda and her boyfriend, Assistant District Attorney Rockland Cambridge were kissing passionately...
"OHHHHHHHHH, UMMMMMMMMMMM!" moaned Rockland...

"SHHHHHHHHH, Keep it down, everybody is here now." said Alfreda.,
"Ouuuuuuuu speaking of keeping it down....Ouuuuuuuuu keep that big ole thing down, Ouuuuuuu
Rockland ,look at your trousers...Ouuuuuuu//

"You're getting me that way....Ohhhhhhhhh!" he moaned.

as they continued kissing...
"Ummmm that's enough...Calm yourself down...I'm spending the night with you after all." said Alfreda.
"Ouuuuuuuuuuu yeah that is right.." said Rockland, still breathing heavy and sweating..

Alfreda just smiled...She couldn't believe she was still sleeping with this guy...Couldn't believe she was actually in love with him, but here she was hopelessly in love with this guy, who wasn't even her type at first,,,but was now.

"This is going to be a tough nut to crack... I suspect the government has already subpeoned this Sam Gentile fella...We can't touch him, can't talk to him...All we can do is look at the transcripts from his interviews." said Olivia.


''Easy enough to ascertain Liv...Me and Bree will go and pick them up tomorrow.." said Nelson.

"Yeah... We can grab the transcripts tomorrow, but all it's going to say is , "I was paid a  whole lotta cash. Right now it's his word against Brenda's." said Bresha.

"Auntay....Someone went to a lot of trouble to tarnish this verdict...My guess is Smokestack...They lost a lot of money.. 150 million...That's a lot of money to lose, a whole lot.." said Beverly.


"Yeah, it is.. I'll be looking into their CEO and middle management.. Shortcake is right.. Big Money paid for this frame." I said.

''We have our work cut out for us don't we? I kinda wish this was a good old fashioned murder case." laughed Olivia.

"Yeah, I do too!" I said.


IV-


Nightfall came..

Olivia sat in a dark kitchen and stared out at the nighttime sky...


I put my arms around her waist and kissed her neck..

"You think we can win this one?" I asked her.



"I think I can win them all....until the day comes that I don't..." she whispered..

I pulled her to me gently ...I stared into those very expressive eyes of hers...I wondered if she was really confident  about this case...because for once..I wasn't. 

I kissed her pasionately....She broke our embrace after awhile and walked towards our bedroom.


Olivia stood in the doorway in a white lace babydoll..

''Donnie Ray...time for bed baby!"she whispered..
My eyes bulged out their sockets...

"Yes mam!" I said.

Olivia laughed seductively...

I hiked her babydoll up and took a peek at the panties she was wearing...

"You like these?" she asked.

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSss!" I said.

"Of course you do! You can thank Bridget!" she said and giggled.

Which led to more deep throat kissing...

and me eventually slipping her  panties down...




"You are sooooo silly....and still horny...., Look at you....OUUUUUUUU!" she laughed.. 

''Look at you!" I said.

She felt my penis with both hands....

"I uh see...Wouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!~" she said, smiling.

We stood in the doorway, kissing passionately...

"Ohhhhh my god, I couldn't wait.." I said.

"I know...I can see... My goodness, you are a blessed man... You are like a mule."exclaimed Olivia.

"REALLY?" I said..

''Yes...Really!"
she said.

"WOW!" I said...

"Oh My lord, you are HUGE! ." she said.......

"It's all for you  baby" I said shyly...

"Yesss, you're all mine now! wouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Look at you....What am I going to do with all that?" she exclaimed, putting her hands over her mouth...and giggling with excitement...

''Anything you want!" I said.

"Ummmmmmmmm let's see now!" she said.

This got me very excited..


I tossed her on the bed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Donnie Ray, my goodness , calm down..Ouuuuuuuu!" she gasped... 

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph."I groaned in my low baritone as the bed began to squeak and the headboard began to rattle a little..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!  baby!" she squealed..

All that kissing we had done had gotten me more than ready....



  I  lifted her up!

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SWEEET BABY!!!" I moaned...




"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU TALK TO ME DADDDDDDYYYYYY!!!!OHHHH MYYYYY TALK TO MAMA!" cooed Olivia..I was nearly to her stomach, she gasped.. I had her on the dresser ,legs spread and pumping so hard, I didn't think I could stop...I was near deliriun and Olivia's soft kisses
were driving me insane.



We were back in the bed now, going at each other strongly.....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" I groaned..


"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOO HOOOOO, OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
OUUUU HOO HOO...OH MY GOD!!!! OUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! OH MY GOD!!!! DONNIE RAY!!!!!!!!!!....OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!''Olivia  screamed..She was pleasently surprised...

The bed was squeaking loud now and the headboard was slamming hard against the wall...

THREE TO FOUR HOURS slowly drifted by....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!  OHHHH  DONNIE RAY!!!, you aren't making any
damn sense!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Myyyy LAWD!"said Olivia

''OOOOOOOU..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OLIVIA!!! OLIVIA" I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu say my name baby...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" she cooed deliriously....

"OLIVIA... MRS. BENNETT-ALEXANDER!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I moaned  loudly..

"YESSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSS BABYYYYY! WHAT DO YOU WANTTTT????" she cried out...

"MORE...MOREEEEE!" I yelled..

"TAKE IT!! TAKE IT!" she cried out...



THREE TO FOUR MORE HOURS PASSED  before I came and came hard....and Olivia's  legs began to quiver and then shake...her head turned from side to side and tears streamed down the side of her face..She was crying like a little girl....She was having ,she believed her fourth intense orgasm and just crying like a baby...

Olivia continued kissing Me and rubbing my penis until it hardened again....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu there it is! OUUUU Look at that!!!OUUUUUUUUU!!!" she said..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! YESSSSSSS BABY! YESSSS!" I moaned.. 

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Olivia wailed..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SWEEET BABY!" I moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSS!" she cooed!

I was engaged and on her again....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"I  moaned..

"TALK TO ME BABY...YOU LIKE IT BABY!? TALK TO MAMA!" she asked.

"YES!!! YES...OH YESSSSS! OLIVIA, I LOVE YOUUUU! "I moaned..At this point, I  didn't know if  I was coming or going...

"I LOVE YOUUUUU TOOO!!! OUUUUUUUUUUU!!!  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND!" she cooed...She was having her fifth and sixth intense orgasms...

OH MY GOD.....OUUUUU MOREEEEE?" I  asked.

"OUUUUUUUUU YESSSS...YESSSSS AND MORE , IF YOU WANT IT...I SURE DO!" she moaned..

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned...


THREE TO FOUR  MORE HOURS drifted by....Olivia  was sitting on me, riding me hard.....


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWWD!" I moaned as I began to cum like a gusher...



"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CUM DADDDY! CUM FOR MOMMY!!! OUUUUUUUUUU!"moaned Olivia!!!...

I lie in between her legs....exhausted...



Olivia wouldn't let me  sleep , She continued kissing me, rubbing my large penis...keeping it hard..

''It's Friday.....No work tomorrow...Let's ride some more." she cooed..

''OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. LAWDDDDDDDD! " I moaned..I climbed back on top of her...


"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..LOOK AT THAT!!" she cooed..

We were at it again...The Bed was squeaking out of control...….The headboard was slamming against the wall...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu DONNIE RAYYYYY!!!!!!!!, I'm not going to be able to walk tommorrow..but it feels so good!" she cooed..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I moaned..

.
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  HUSBAND....YOU ARE DOING THE DAMN THING!" she moaned..


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I moaned..



We  were standing in the middle of the floor now, I was long stroking her..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD  BABY!...OUUUUU! YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS..OUUUUUUUUUU WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" she screamed.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOOOO, Aye...Ayeeeeeeee, Ayeeeee, Ay yi yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….OH MY GOD ...OUUUUU!  ayyyee, aye yi yiiiiii" she screamed.


Then we were back in bed...going at it slower..

FIVE TO SIX HOURS DRIFTED BY

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!" I moaned...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lover...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this is soooooooo
nice...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..YOU LIKE IT DADDY?" she cooed softly..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"  I moaned  as I came again like a gusher...




I lie in between Olivia's  legs, exhausted....too exhausted to move...Olivia was  totally satisfied...She had never had this many orgasms and such strong ones at that...She held my head in her arms..

"I enjoyed dessert!" I said, laughing...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that was sooooo good.." she cooed..as she rocked me slowly to sleep!

We both drifted into a peaceful sleep..We'd worry about the coming case tomorrow!

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments:

Post a Comment