Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Don't Mess With Bill


 Morning... Breakfast was being served in our domicle..


Waffles
Pancakes
Hash Browns
Breakfast sausages
Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
and hot coffee..




Olivia, Alfreda and I were cooking...


"I just love working for you guys." gushed our newest attorney, Bresha..


''What other law firm feeds you this well.'' gushed Beverly, who hugged Bresha...Like all of us, we considered her our baby sister.


''And is sooo easy to get to, you just walk across the street or in your case, three doors down."said Josie, smiling..

''And you have such enchanting company?" joked Nelson.

This was a dream come true for Bresha... She imagined she'd be at a predominately white law firm downtown or maybe in another city, where she'd be the token black person and feel kind of lonely until another black person came along.. She never dreamed she'd be working for a Black owned and Black female run boutique law firm like ours with young attorneys just a little older than she and the coolest boss in the world.. She loved it.. Plus she didn't have to drive out of the way or take public transportation...

Her husband was one of two or three Blacks that worked at his predominately white law firm in Cherry Hill and he had to take two trains or drive to work if he was running late.. He always said he envied Bree, working for us, whom he loved and living three doors down from us.

"Breakfast is served everybody" said Olivia, fixing plates for , Beverly, Nelson and Josie...Alfreda, Bree and myself.
"Ouuu everything smells and looks wonderful." said Beverly.
''Yes and I'm starved." said Nelson.
"Nothing New there." joked Josie.
Alfreda laughed.
So did Bresha.


"Let's chow down" I said as I took my seat and we all began to eat..

It was a nice sunny day..


Halfway across the city....At Lt. Tragg's house..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...UMMMMMMMMMMM...OHHHHHHHHH MY GOODNESSSS
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" moaned Brenda Jordan as she rode him....

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE WAITED TO HEAR YOU MOAN LIKE THAT!" he said..nearly delirious from her soft baby skin...her nice smell..
He had called out sick today... They were back in the bed, making sweet love...


Last night, against her better judgement completely, she had showed up at his door after a night of drinking with us at Curley's Bar...She had been trying to resist him since she had known him..she had slapped him twice..Once for ripping her panties off and for being too fresh and handsy...She thought she would never sleep with him and yet here she was drunk, desperate, facing disbarment and possibly 15 years in Federal Prison for a false charge of bribing a juror in one of her biggest cases, her biggest wins in her career.. Here she was having sex with Lt. Tragg, who was surprisingly , very good in bed..


"VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he had said upon seeing her at his door at 2:20 am this morning.. She imagined he had cum in his trousers , seeing her..


He was his handsy self as expected, kissing her passionately, lifting her dress up and then over her head and running his hands deep down into her panties...squeezing her butt.. His trousers down to his ankles already , his shirt and suit jacket on the floor and breathing and sweating profusely....He was really excited..



He slipped her panties down....and gasped...




He had her on the floor practically plowing into her...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU LIEUTENANT...OUUUUUUUUU!" she squealed with delight...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GEEEEEEEZ!" he moaned.


At one point he had her bent over his kitchen table thrusting away... she felt so good she was banging her hands on the table..


Then finally to his bedroom , where she eased herself down on him...

and they made sweet love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS!


They took a nice hot shower together afterwords and 


She had a nice restful sleep in his arms...She never imagined she would ever do this..


And now this morning, here they were making sweet love again....

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWww..OHHHHHHHHHHH!
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" he moaned..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMM LIEUTENANT!OUUUUUUUUUUU!! WOUUUUUUUU!" she cooed..

She liked that his bed didn't squeak or make any noise and that  it seemed to move with their bodies, which made the sex even more satisfying..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she cooed.. She still didn't want a relationship with him and she knew now that she had crossed a line..She probably wouldn't be able to get rid of him or stop his handsyness , now that they had slept together..


II-


In our conference room Olivia addressed us.

"I've changed my mind... The only way we can win this case is to prove that someone else offered our juror, Sam Gentile a bribe.." said Olivia.


''We've got a hearing tomorrow ...They brought in a new AUSA from D.C.  His name is Bill Strong, William Strong...I've heard of him..He specializes in Bribery cases.. He has never lost." said Nelson.

"He'll lay out the government's case and make a proffer. That's how the Feds do it and they don't even take a case unless they have a slam dunk..They don't like to lose." said Beverly, who was heartbeat away from becoming an Assistant U.S. Attorney herself before turning down the offer to be her aunt's partner in this law firm.


"Josie and I have been going through his bank accounts...And there are a lot.. His company is an international conglomerate...He has holdings around the world.. and a lot of working capital...A lot..
And we can't find one blip of any kind of withdrawal that small." I said.
"It's the first time Smokehouse International has ever lost a lawsuit and even though 154 million is a lot of money to lose...It won't cripple them." said Josie.


With a guy like Bill Clayton..it's an ego thing..They hate to lose a dollar, let alone 154 million....He'd want revenge, he'd want to totally destroy the attorney who beat him." I said.


''What can we do?" asked Bresha, who had never seen Olivia, Beverly or Nelson and Josie so bewildered before.

"The Juror, Sam Gentile.
says he was bribed...our client says she didn't bribe him...What do we know about him?" asked Olivia.

"He's Mister Clean" said Nelson, who had helped me look into him.
"No criminal record whatsoever... Was in The United States Air Force , Highest rank, Major. Served in Vietnam, several medals for heroism...Was a Fighter Pilot.. Came out worked for Lockheed put a son and a daughter through college...Their mother died of Breast Cancer... He remarried a much younger woman and has a teen aged son..A son who is in need of a kidney...He's on a list, but he's at the bottom of the list... He coaches Semi pro football on the area now..He's retired. Lives in a nice little house in the Mayfair section." I said.

"Typical Juror....I can't understand how he would be involved in this." said Beverly...

"I can give you fifty thousand reasons...He's retired, he's living on a fixed income..His Military pension, His pension from Lockheed,maybe Social Security...Maybe he wants to hurry up and pay off his house..or take a nice trip or buy a boat or a sports car.. 50 large sounds real good." said Olivia.

"Well we know he lied... We know that there was no hand off...That the money was transferred into his account electronically...But there is the thing with him being in that bar the same night Brenda was."said Josie.

"Donnie Ray and I have scanned the video from the bar's cameras that night...While they may have been in there...There is no evidence that the two ever interacted..That's a huge bar...I doubt that Brenda even knew he was in there.. She said she didn't know him at all.. Except that he was an Alternative juror..That they had no face time, no conversation what so ever." said Bresha.


''And yet we know Brenda's tablet and her personal phone were hacked.. Somebody good had to have done that...Who do we know besides Kevin, who is good at that type of thing?" I asked.


And at Lt. Tragg's house..


He was giving Brenda a soft kiss at the doorway...

"You never get enough do you?" laughed Brenda... "Are you like this with April Taylor?" she asked.

His face got as red as a beet..

"Ha Ha.. You know about us huh?" he said.


She respected the fact that he didn't lie about it..

''Yes I know..We are both Attorneys, We tend to travel in the same circles..Talk goes around." said Brenda.  "I don't care...I just asked." she said, smiling..



''We are friends with benefits...We've been seeing each other for a few months now. She's uh out of town right now. She'll be back next week." said Lt. Tragg.


"I need a friend with benefits.."laughed Brenda... Not you....You've got all you can handle." she said, smiling.


"Can we uh do this again? I found it very pleasurable." asked Lt. Tragg..


"I'm sure you did..I don't know...Anything is possible....Well, goodbye Lieutenant.. I've got to go home and get some rest...I've got a hearing to be at tomorrow." said Cheryl.


"Well good luck!  You uh won't need luck..You've got some very good attorneys working for you." said Lt. Tragg with a smile as Brenda walked across the street to her car..


III-





The Next Morning we were at a routine hearing in Federal Court...


We met before a stern judge we didn't know.. John Bedford..


"Can't say I know this Judge." said Olivia.

"Me neither." said Beverly.
''Same Here." said Nelson.
"I know him, he's Judge John Bedford...He presided over the Smokehouse Case that I won." said Brenda.
Josie noticed someone else in the courtroom, She nudged me..

"Donnie Ray, look!" she said.
I turned and looked..I have to say I was a bit surprised.

"That's the lawyer who represented Smokehouse...What is she doing here.?" asked Bresha.


Attorney Holly Masters was there seated next to 
a man I guessed could only be Assistant U.S. Attorney William Strong and seated next to him was


our chief suspect in the bribery, The CEO of Smokehouse International, William Clayton..


"All of the players are here." I said. Interesting.


"Good Morning...The reason why I called this informal hearing is because I like for all of the Attorneys involved to be acquainted..  This is going to be a federal trial on the charges of Bribery and Jury Tampering.. Ms. Jordan, you are charged with one count of each...These are very serious charges.. Conviction could amount to you being immediately disbarred and you face from 10-15 years in federal prison... I've heard of your defense team
Mrs. Olivia Bennett-Alexander
Mrs. Beverly West-East
Mr. Nelson East
And Mrs. Josephine Boyd." he said. Josie hated being called Josephine.


"I did not get your names..." said the judge looking at Bree and Me.

"Mrs. Bresha Billips, Attorney at law." said Bresha with pride.
"Mr. Donnie Ray Alexander, Investigator." I said.,


"Very good and now I would like to introduce the prosecution..Assistant United States Attorney William Strong from Washington, D.C.
"Call me Bill." he said and smiled..


"Unlike most criminal proceedings , there will be no preliminary hearing...I happen to think that is a waste of time and needless jockeying.. We know a crime has been committed. A week from today, we will meet in this courtroom and begin voir dire, the picking of a jury...There will be twelve jurors like any other criminal case... Trial will begin promptly at 9:00 am... Be here and be prepared for trial..That is all." he said and dismissed us..


Holly Master walked over to Olivia..

"Hello Olivia...It has been awhile hasn't it? Years...You own your own little law firm now huh? Cute..." she said.,

"Hello Holly.. This is my husband, Donnie Ray Alexander, our investigator." said Olivia.

I smiled.

She looked me up and down..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm you have good tastes in men...You always had good tatses in everything I recall. I suppose you're not still modeling on the side are you? You don't need to." she said.
"This is my niece, Beverly." said Olivia.
Beverly smiled.

"She is adorable... Your niece?  Come on....You two are sisters...You look just alike." said Holly.

"No, she's my niece...and this is her husband, Nelson East..


"Hello...I believe we've met." said Nelson..


"Yes..You were Olivia's second in a case I oversaw, when you were Public defenders...I remember you and Beverly." said Holly..who looked at Josie and Bree..



"And these two are additional associate attorneys huh?  Nice!  You got your own firm, An Investigator for a husband and four attorneys...Nice Liv..Very Nice..

"Your roomie, Yvette just made Managing Partner at McCluskey/Cozen/ Connor and Pratt
"Sharon is a big time Fed...in fact she made the arrest of your client.."

"And Karen is un an Assistant District Attorney in charge of wrongful convictions.. I doubt that your client will come up before her..She's headed to Club Fed." said Holly.

"Holly that's not nice..And how are you so sure we are going to lose?" asked Olivia.


"Oh because you are Liv...You know I love you, but this time...The Feds got you cold..You have no case and as soon as she is convicted...I begin my appeal to overturn that ridiculous judgement against my client, Smokehouse.." said Holly Master.


''That's why you're really here you whiny baby....You can't admit that you lost. This is what now, six big losses for you? and the hugest amount in your firm's history...why it's a wonder Smokehouse still has faith in you.."said Brenda.


"WHY YOU BITCH!" screamed Holly,

"Ladies,Ladies." I said , getting in between them...

"Come on now..No need for this..." said Nelson diplomatically, helping to seperate the two women.



Bill Clayton shook his head in disdain..

Assistant U.S. Attorney Bill Strong   walked over to Olivia. Josie and Beverly.

"Look, Ladies...I'd like to offer you a proffer...Normally in a case like this, I'd argue for more time..but she is an attorney and she's not a hardened criminal and she is a woman..I don't want to send her away for 15 years...We can plead this down to bribery and I'll argue for 7 years...She'll be disbarred , but she'll have a shot at re-instatement when she gets out..With good behavior..She might be out in three years." he said.


"No deal.. We are going to court. I'm not going to take time out of her life and risk her reputation. You know and I know that if she does seven years, when she gets out.. re-instatement  is almost a crap shoot, not a guaruntee and her credibility is ruined, who would hire her, even if she was re-instated.?" said Olivia.

"I understand you've gotten at least three attorneys re-instated after they were disbarred Olivia, including an ex convict..and who knows..With the way your firm is making money, YOU could hire her." he said, laughing at his own joke.

Josie smiled. She felt that people who laughed at their own jokes really weren't that funny.
"The Fact that you offered us a proffer means your case may be kind of weak. Like my aunt said , No deal...We'll see you in court.You've got a weak case."said Beverly.

"Oh Noooo..We have a strong case. We have a legitimate transfer from her pocket account into Mr. Gentile's bank account and a text message detailing the entire arrangement from her private phone..So if you don't want to deal, oh well...disbarment and 15 years for your client....That's on you. If I were her...I'd get more sensible attorneys.. See you in court girls." he said and walked off..

"That's right ...See you in court. It was nice seeing you again Olivia..After this is over, we have to meet in town for coffee." said Holly Masters..
Bill Clayton said nothing..He smiled and walked out with them.


"I take it you were in Law school with her Liv?" asked Bresha.



"I was... She's changed.. She's a corporate litigator now...Can you believe she was a Public Defender once?But only for a little while.. Nelson and I remember her...She was gone before you and Jazzy came Beverly." said Olivia.

"She's a Snake." said Brenda.
"I gathered you two weren't fond of each other." I said.

"Let's get out of here." said Nelson.

IV-


We all went back to the office a little while later.

"What they have is very damning Brenda..I'm not going to lie to you...A detailed conversation by text in which you two exchanged account information and you wired 50K from your pocket account to his account...It looks like an open and shut case." said Olivia.
"Olivia I swear...I don't know that man's phone number or where he even lives or his bank account. information.  He was a prosecution juror that I objected to during voir dire.. and I didn't see him again until the 12th juror got sick and he had to put on the jury...He wouldn't have been my choice except that he was the only juror left." said Brenda.
"We know you were hacked by someone good , who faked the text message and made a legitimate  transfer.from your bank...but locating this person is like finding a needle in a haystack."said Beverly..


"What about you and him being in the bar that night?" I asked.

"I 've been to that bar a half dozen times., It's in Cherry Hill, it's packed..I don't know who is all there at any given time...I know I didn't see Sam Gentile there or interact with him... I spent most of my night fighting off this guy , who had his hand up under my skirt, trying to slip my panties down...that's all I remember.. I was not texting or transferring money from my account." said Brenda.
Nelson at that moment had his hands up under Beverly's skirt, rubbing her legs and butt..


She turned to him and smiled seductively..

"It's got to be Bill Clayton behind this...We've got to Smoke Him out!" said Olivia.
"And I think I know how to do it..Bree , I need you to make a phone call." I said.
"I'll be glad to." said Bresha.

AN HOUR LATER-


"Okay...this is risky , but this is what we're doing." said our good friend, Bonnie Shay, Attorney and Insurance Investigator.




This email is coming from a "Ghost" account.. Once Clayton gets it...The account goes dark..It can't be traced to you... It's going to appear to come from Sam Gentile's email account, which I've cloned.

"MR CLAYTON...THANK YOU FOR THE MONEY...IT CAME IN VERY HANDY... UNFORTUNATELY..I NEED MORE....LET's MEET TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT AND DISCUSS THIS OR I'LL TELL THAT I LIED ABOUT ACCEPTING A BRIBE!" SAM GENTILE.


"Okay I sent it." said Bonnie.

"Thanks Bon Bon. This should smoke Clayton out." I said,.
"If he shows up...This will prove his guilt." said Beverly..
"It borders on entrapment...but it's all we got." said Olivia.
"I have a bad feeling about this." said Nelson..
''Me too Nelson."said Josie.
"It's unfortunately. the only play we have. " said Bresha.


NEAR MIDNIGHT.

Beverly and I sat in a car awaiting our pigeon.


It was dark and empty...

"Can you believe  I came up here with Wallace, with Larry North and with that DMV guy, remember him?  I should have come up here with Nelson." sighed Beverly.
She opened up the thermos ,Olivia had prepared for us and poured another cup of coffee for the both of us.
"You have time to come up here with him now Shortcake.." I said. as I adjusted my 

Telephoto lense.


"Think he'll come?" she asked.


"He'll come or he'll send his represenative." I said.

No sooner than the words came out of my mouth...


A Black Hummer drove up and flashed his lights..

Attorney Holly Master got out first..
Then Bill Clayton...


"It's Holly Master! WHO BRINGS THEIR ATTORNEY TO A BLACKMAIL MEET?" asked Beverly.


"You're right Shortcake, something is wrong here...Let's get out of here." I said.

But it was too late. More dark vans drove up and swarms of FBI Agents with guns drawn jumped out of the vans and surrounded us.



"FBI , GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE , PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!" they demanded.


Assistant U.S. Attorney Bill Strong got out last... He snickered.

"TELL OLIVIA, NICE TRICK...CHEAP SHOT...BUT NICE TRICK!" he said, laughing at his own joke.
as FBI agents handcuffed Beverly and I



and stuffed us into two seperate vans...

AUSA Bill Strong snickered as the vans containing both of us pulled off...

"Poor Olivia....I only wish she had been here." he said, smiling.



(DEFINITELY TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment