Saturday, December 19, 2020

The Pass Around Girl

 

The beginning of another work week at McCluskey /Cozen/Connor & Pratt and associates... The law firm we all worked for..


Kahlil and Ms. Jade watched as the workman replaced  the "Yvette Jones" nametag on the door with 

"Yvette Lockwood" her married name..


"There....That looks good doesn't it?" said Kahlil..


"Do you like it Ms. Yvette?"asked Ms. Jade.



"I love it...Mrs. Yvette Lockwood.." said Ms. Yvette...She and Gary had been married for nearly a month now..



Likewise... My new wife, the former Beatrice Evans, Attorney at law was now Mrs. Beatrice Jones, Attorney at law..

She looked at me...

"You like it hot stuff?" she asked me..

"I like you...regardless of what you call yourself.." I said. "I'm Attorney ,Keith Jones.
" Awwwwwwwwww, but I know that.." she said and kissed me softly..

It was as it was usually, soft and buttery...I didn't want to let go.. but being that we were at work and in our office, Bee Bee eased out of our embrace..

In the same office, Sofia was looking at her new nametag, Sofia Garcia-Ahmed, Attorney at law..


"I like the way that looks...Mrs. Sofia Garcia -Ahmed.."said Kahlil who pushed Sofia up against the wall of her office and deep throat kissed her..

"Papppiiiiii ouuuuuuuuu let's wait until we get home!" giggled Sofia..easing out of his embrace...

Yes, it was festive in our office..



A young Black guy about our age in a nice suit walked into our office.. He looked around at us and smiled..

"Wowww this office sure has changed since the last time I was here..Black people, Puerto Rican, Asian...wowwwwww...I take it you guys work with Ms. Yvette?" asked the young man..


''With and for...She is our supervisor.."said Kahlil..

"Are you here for an interview?" asked Bee Bee..


"Uh No...No Interview...Uh...I'm just here to see Ms. Yvette...I'm an uh Attorney as I see you all are.." he said, looking around..


"Yup! Ms. Yvette handpicked us straight out of law school and gave us a job here.. I'm Keith Jones, this is my wife, Beatrice.." I said..

"Hi.."said Bee Bee..


"I'm Kahlil Ahmed...and this is my wife, Sofia..

"Hola...We are all associate attorneys here...but we've known each other since law school..We were very close...We all just got married last month.."explained Sofia..


"Close? Yeah, I see..." said the man..


Ms. Yvette walked out into the suite...her eyes got as large as saucers...

"Brandon?? Is that you?? Brandon??? " she said..



"Yes Ms. Yvette... I uh made good on my promise to you..I cleaned myself up...got serious about school and I uh went to college..Lasalle...just like you and then to Cecil B. Moore Law School where I graduated and Passed the bar....I'm an Attorney.." said the young man..

"Oh My god...It's been years....Ohhhhhh my god...You did it...You made something out of yourself...I am so proud of you.....I see you met my associates here...This is our investigator, Ms. Jade Lee.
"Pleased to meet you..." said Jade..

''Well Sit down...Somebody get him some coffee.. everybody...This is Brandon Clinton...One of my very first clients...."said Ms. Yvette.

II-

We all sat in rapt attention as Ms. Yvette began to tell us the story.






We realized that we knew so little about Ms. Yvette's past....


"Years ago....before I started working here...I was working at a small firm..A smaller firm...Brandon's mother was a school teacher...She had taught me in Elementary School and she was friends with my mother...They came to me because her friend's son...Brandon here was in trouble...It was his third juvenile offense..He had spent a year in Juvenile Hall for his first offense and for his second offense, he didn't get jail time but probation...He was just finishing his probation for the sesond charge when he got arrested for the third charge.....This charge was his most serious....He was 17 and facing being charged as an adult.. From what my good friend, Olivia Bennett,

who was a Public Defender had told me ...The courts tended to treat young Black and Brown men a lot harsher than they did whites who had committed the same crime...


"I took his case....For once...He was innocent of the crime he was charged with...but he had two juvenile offenses on his record...Conviction on this third one and the fact that he was 17 and nearing his 18th birthday meant that he might be tried as an adult and do adult time and have a permanent stain on his record..

I defended him...."said Yvette..

"Both of my previous attorneys were old white men....and they basically told me to plead guilty..They didn't even question whether I was innocent or not..They just told me to plead guilty...The first offense ,I did a year in Juvenile Hall...I came home from Juvie hall  and sure enough, I got with my same old crew...We were slinging drugs for a guy named Mickey Lolo..."said Brandon..

"We know about Mickey Lolo...He was the number two man for Minolo Senterro...They had the hot package on the streets back in the day.."said Sofia.

''Yeah...they both dressed nice, drove nice cars and hung around that diner all day....So you were a Roc Boy huh?" asked Bee Bee.



"Yeah!  I was... What you know about Roc Boyz?  You two are from the neighborhood....Fishtown girls eh?" asked Brandon...

"Born and Raised"said Bee Bee..
"Born and Raised.."said Sofia.


"I defended him and actually got him an acquittal...His first in three trys.....I checked his grades ...He went to school while in Juvenile Hall...He had good grades, especially in History, Civics and English...Good Math grades too.. I told him..."You know...if you get serious in school about your grades..you could go places,make something out of yourself...This doesn't have to be the end for you...because if you keep running with those Roc Boyz,...you're going to wind up in jail or in the morgue..it's up to you."said Ms. Yvette.


Brandon got serious..

"What she said to me got to me...She told me I was smart...and that I could be somebody...Anybody better than what I was...A Knucklehead on his way to jail...Nobody had ever told me I could be somebody...Never gave me any encouragement... She was Black like me, came from the hood just like me and became a lawyer....I was fascinated with how she handled herself and how she used words to take down those snooty self righteous Assistant District Attorneys...She was the only attorney I had ever had who actually fought for me, who actually gave a damn that I might be innocent.. I whispered in her ear as we were leaving court..

"I want to be like you Ms. Yvette...A pay lawyer..." that's what we called lawyers on the streets....She looked at me..
"If you're serious....I want you to call me when you finish school..." she said.



"I did call her for awhile to let her know how I was doing in school....High school...I went to Lasalle University, her college and I joined the debate team and I took two languages, French, Spanish...and I majored in Trial Advocacy and Administration of Justice...I lost track of Ms. Yvette after that...I didn't see or hear from her for awhile...I entered Cecil B. Moore Law School and graduated..I started to call her to ask for help studying the bar...but I met a guy named Dabnis Coley, who helped me study for the bar after I failed it the first time..


He was a very good teacher and I passed the bar the second time with flying colors... Through our conversations...I found out that he knew you and where you were working... I saw you , with these four after they passed the bar...I actually passed the bar the same day you guys did...I was taking it the second time then..."said Brandon.

"Ohhh wowww!" I said.
"Small World."said Bee Bee..
"Indeed!"said Sofia.
"So what did you do? After you passed the bar I mean..." asked Kahlil..



"I was a Public Defender for about a year and a half and then I went to work for the Innocence Project for a year and a half and today I work for the ACLU..."said Brandon..."I finally decided to get around to seeing Ms. Yvette..I wanted her to know that I did make something out of myself..." he said.,

"I am soooo proud of you Brandon."said Ms. Yvette, hugging him....


III-

We all went to Sam Mother's Diner for lunch...

"Mmmmmmm These Burgers are extra delish today..." moaned Bee Bee 


as we all munched on our burgers...


"It's the sauce.." said Sofia..



"Yessss definitely the sauce...I gotta ask Sam or his cook about this sauce.."said Kahlil..

"Like he's gonna tell you that....That's a house secret...We'd need a subpeona.."I joked..

We all laughed..

"Mannnn I remember when I used to sit in here on my cell phone taking orders for Heroin and Coke right before I got busted...I thought I was a big shot ..I had fresh gear, a cell phone...I thought I was a junior baller....I never imagined that I'd wind up in any college....Law school even and now an Attorney, a pay lawyer." laughed Brandon...
''You're far from those days Brandon..I can't tell you how proud I am of you.." said Ms. Yvette...
"Yesssss." said Ms. Jade as we ate...

But just a few tables over from us sat two people who we knew...They worked at our firm....



Lisa Bodice.....An attractive par-legal who was nearly finished law school... She was the new assistant for one of our firm's associate attorneys...


Phil Rosen...

''Enjoying your Burger?" he asked as they sat and ate, rubbing her legs and slyly running his hands up her skirt..


"I am...and uh I'd be enjoying it more if you'd keep your hands to yourself...Ouuu, please stop.." she said.

His hands were up her skirt again and he was tugging at the waistband of her panties..She forcefully removed his hands again..


"Heh, heh ,Heh.. You know...I agreed to hire you as a favor to my and your good friend..Dan Stevens..And considering I gave you far more money than the average Para-legal, Administrative Assistant makes here, YOU OUGHT TO SHOW SOME GRATITUDE!" he said, still laughing..inching his hands up her skirt again and palming her behind...She forcefully removed his hand again....


She knew exactly what kind of "Gratitude " he was talking about and she was determined not to take part in it...

"I am in your debt for giving me the job...but being in debt doesn't mean I have to pay you back with sex.." she said demurely......

She had slept with very married , Dan Stevens several times, over the past two years . both in the employee break room after hours..


and on his couch in his office.... He had paid for her to go to law school at least the first two years and half of the third year.... They were caught in his office kissing passionately by more than one person...


People around the office began to talk...Especially since she was being paid as a para-legal and yet never went to court with him...


She had gone to court with me a few times and with Kahlil and Jade a few times after that..

''Notice she never goes to court with the man she is supposedly working for?" said Bee Bee.

"Yeah, I notice that too!" said Sofia..

They didn't like her too much at first...but eventually she wound up going to court with them on seperate cases and they became a little more tolerant.



She wasn't going to court with him anymore and he was no longer footing her law school bill...She had gotten a student loan for her final semester, which was almost up..She asked for and got transferred to his friend, Phil Rosen.

A lot of that had to do with the fact that Dan Stevens wife, a very influential attorney with another firm kept paying us visits and was getting suspicious..

Everybody in the office knew about the goings on and she was given the nickname, "The Pass Around Girl." It was unfair...but it was what it was..

She had decided to clean up her act...She had no intention of sleeping with Phil Rosen, not in any shape or form and that included letting him think he could grope her..

He was rubbing her legs and running them up her skirt again, palming her behind and attempting to tug at the waistband of her panties..

"OUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cooed seductively and jerked.. He smiled raffishly...

"YEAHHH, YEAHHHH, YEAHHHHHH!" he began to moan silently.......getting hornier by the second..



She pretended to accidentally knock a hot cup of coffee into his lap..


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" he screamed as he leaped up...Hot coffee spilled into his  groin and a huge stain in the crotch of his trousers...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!" he screamed in obvious pain... "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWWWDDDD! " he screamed in obvious pain and embarrassment...

Three workers came to their table, one to clean up the mess and the other two to offer  other assistance..


"Ohhhh Mr. Rosen...I am soooooo sorrry!" she said, smiling slyly....
Sofia nearly choked on her burger...
Bee Bee did too!
Kahlil smiled and held his head down...
I laughed...




Brandon smiled...

"Never a dull moment with you guys huh?" he said.


"We have a few...Today!! Right now!! Was not one of them!" laughed Jade...
"If I know right he had his hands up under her dress...I had a meeting with him a few weeks ago and he tried that with me...I had to set him straight real quick.."said Yvette..who smiled herself at the sight....




We finished our meal and we all left...headed back to work.



IV-


Afternoon, ...We had all gone home hours before..


Ms. Yvette had stayed at work late....


She and Gary were in her office kissing passionately...

''Are you hungry?"asked Yvette..
"Baby, I'm very horny..."said Gary as they continued to kiss
passionately in the near dark office..




"I said Hungry horndog!!!! Not Horny!!"laughed Yvette...


''Well sure baby, we can stop somewhere and grab a bite..."whispered Gary....
One suite away, a rather loud argument is raging..

"SHE IS NOT YOUR PLAYTHING...I WANT YOU TO HIRE HER BACK! SHE IS MY GIRL!" CAME A LOUD VOICE..


'' YOU DON'T OWN HER....HOW ABOUT IF YOUR WIFE FINDS OUT ABOUT YOUR ACTIVITIES??"

"YOU'RE A BASTARD!"

"TEXT HER...CALL HER....I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO...I WANT HER BACK IN THIS OFFICE OR I'LL TELL EVERYTHING...AND I MEAN EVERYTHING!!!

"SHE RUINED A DAMN GOOD PAIR OF TROUSERS!"

"LOOKS LIKE YOU PEED YOUR PANTS!"

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY.!"

"HIRE HER BACK!"


Lisa Bodice was carrying a cardboard box...She was in the hallway just as Yvette and Gary were leaving..

"Hi Yvette....Is this your new husband?" said Lisa.

"Yes, Lisa Bodice, this my husband, Gary Lockwood.Gary this is Lisa, She's a Para-Legal here..."said Yvette..


"Hi pleased to meet you."said Gary..



"I've seen you in court.."said Lisa..


"I'm an Investigator for the District Attorney's Office.."said Gary...


Lisa Bodice looked at Yvette and smiled..

"Good Catch! Smart catch!" she said.,



Yvette smiled ..

"Don't Gas his head up!" she said and they all laughed.


As they got on the Elevator and headed out... It was 7:00 pm..


MIDNIGHT!


All was quiet....


Phil Rosen sat at his desk...Eyes wide open....eeerily still.....

All Alone...

Eyes wide open , seemingly staring at the door...

Phil Rosen was dead !!! And he had been dead for the past three hours!




Two glasses of water sat on his desk...Ice melting slowly....

Phil Rosen was dead!



(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments:

Post a Comment