Monday, August 19, 2024

He Who Digs Two Graves



SATURDAY- 


 My Father and ADA Sharrone Stokes were getting Married. It was an outside wedding... It was at the beach...





All of us came down and stayed at Nelson's two Beach houses....My dad stayed at the hotel, further down the boardwalk. where they were going to spend their honeymoon... Sharrone stayed in an extra room at Nelson's beach house...She had stayed in Olivia and Beverly's sub-basement apartment in their Office /Duplex, the whole week before the wedding.
My Dad never looked happier... He had been a womanizer for years...Now he had finally met the woman , who tamed him.... 


The wedding  was beautiful and private....It seems my dad and to a large extent, Ms. Sharrone only wanted a small amount of people at the wedding.  Mainly, me, his son, Keith Jones and my wife, Beatrice and our small group of friends...

I stood there in awe watching this...A day I never thought I'd see or be a part of.Here I was the best man at my father's wedding.
"This is such a beautiful ceremony...I love it!" gushed my wife, Bee Bee, Maid of Honor.

"I'm so happy for Keith, being at his dad's wedding." said Sofia.
"Yeah...He has mixed emotions about it..but I guess he's made his peace with it." said Kahlil.


"Olivia, Beverly and Alfreda really did their thing, with the Cake, The Champaigne and the food as well as the tents. They are truly my best friends." said Ms. Yvette.

"Yeah well, it also gave us a reason to come back down to the beach.."laughed her husband, Gary.

"This is beautiful..."said Jade.

"I'm just glad to have the time off to be here." said her husband, Danny Ho..

We had come down here on Thursday afternoon and set up on Friday.....It was Saturday now and we still had tomorrow afterwords and Sunday....we all just loved it...

"I'm so glad to be here....one more time to the beach." said Virginia.

"Yeah... Me too! This is nice." said her husband, Jetty.
"I was only too happy to be able to co-ordinate this...I was truly surprised when Sharrone came to me and asked me to set this up.." said Olivia.


"You guys did it pretty fast with the food, the Champaigne and the tents.." I said.
"She and he both wanted a cheap simple wedding...They got it.. A nice outdoor wedding...A Local Preacher...and a photographer of their choosing." said Beverly...


"Judge Morrison has the hotel all set up for their honeymoon.."said Nelson...


"They're coming home Wednesday....He said they're going away sometime next month."said Josie.
"He just wanted to get married..and get that overwith."said Paris.


"I understand her stuff is already over his townhouse." said Bresha...
''Sweet"said Tony.
"Keith said his father is a very organized man."said Alfreda.

"I've always known him to be organized.,"said Rockland, who had tried cases in his courtroom..


Former ADA Nina Rios, a close friend of Sharrone Stokes had driven down on Friday with her boyfriend, Attorney Carlos Diaz...

They found lodging right around the corner from us..


''Everything was just lovely...and so much food."said Attorney Nina Rios.

"Your friends really know how to have a good time...I must say." said Carlos..


"Ouuuuuuuuuuu, tomorrow I'm going to the beach...So is Beverly, Kayla, Natalie, Bresha, Josie and Renee and their hubbys...You coming?" asked Jazzy playfully tonight..


"Of course...I wouldn't miss it."laughed her husband,Dabnis.

"I'm just glad we got to come down to the beach once again..."said Kayla.


"Yeah this was cool...I'm always down to eat cake."laughed her husband, Ray...


"And drink properly chilled Champaigne.." said Jessica Sanchez-Burrows.


"Yesssssssss!" agreed her husband, Chip...


"Good Food, Good Champaigne, a perfect beach setting on a nice summer afternoon...can't beat it.."said Natalie...


"And with all of our friends..." said her husband, David,,

"And then some."laughed Brooke...

Her husband, Sean was busy chowing down on Wedding Cake and drinking Champaigne..

"I like this ...a nice quiet outdoor wedding on the beach with a few friends..." said Renee.
"Our best friends." added Tyrell...



"This kind of reminds me of our wedding.." said Zoey.

"Yeah, small and intimate...and minus the beach..."laughed her husband, Lem...
"Wowwwwwww." seems like we just got married.."laughed Karen...
"I know right?" said her husband, B.L.

Judge Charlotte Peterson and Attorney Elaine Young had driven down on Friday and joined us also...They had found a room right around the corner from Nelson's Beach Houses in the same building that Nina and Carlos were staying in...


"This wasn't so bad... it would be better if we both had plus ones, but who knows..maybe next year."laughed Judge Charlotte Peterson , a close friend of my dad..

"That's okay....it was better than spending the weekend  listening to Kelly Ann and Lt. Tragg's bed squeaking and the two of them moaning.." laughed Elaine...


"They were going at it when we left yesterday morning..."laughed Charlotte..


"My God!  That man has a one track mind.....Whoooooooooooooooo, All Night and Half of the morning.."laughed Elaine.

We set up Two tents , right off of the beach, where the ceremony was held..


There was a huge Wedding Cake....which Olivia and Alfreda's catering service provided
and lots of Champaigne..






Plenty of Champaigne...which we toasted in..

In the second tent was the food..


Meats and vegatables on one grill, by that, I meant Steaks, Hot sausages, corn on the cobb and shrimp wrapped in green peppers and bacon,,



Burgers and Hot Dogs on the grill...

seafood on the grill...


Pork and Beans..


Pasta salads 



and Cole Slaw...

and a third tent for all of us to sit and eat.......




While Alexa played an assortment of music for our listening pleasure...



Nothing like a beach wedding and reception...



II-


TUESDAY- The Bridge Building

The Weekend was over and we were all back at work.....

We sat around the table of our conference room......

 

 "Well lovelies...We are back after a great weekend...What's on our dockets?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"Believe it or not, I got a litigation with Jazzy, Kayla, Renee, Zoey and Lem tomorrow...Should be a one day thing.....in town." I said.
"I have a short court appearance tomorrow with Jessica and Chip." said Bee Bee.
"Yes, I do too!" said Sofia.
"I have a short court appearence with Dabnis, Ray,Tony, Paris and Tyrell tomorrow."said Kahlil.
"Nothing on my dockets Yvette." said Jade.



"You don't have any appointments Vettie." said Virginia.
"Good a nice slow week after a great weekend..." said Ms. Yvette with a smile.



AN HOUR LATER-


An old acquaintence walked in the suite and looked around......

"My My Myyyyyyy...wowwwwww!" said the man, Former Assistant States Attorney, Eric Beckett...



"Eric Beckett, well I'll be damned...." said Virginia.

"Virginia Shaw......YOU WORK HERE???  Wow...I heard you got disbarred and went to jail!!! Guess you can't believe everything you hear huh?" he said.


"No that's all true...I was disbarrred and I served 7 years in prison...before I was paroled and Yvette gave me this job as her office manager and consultant.... I'm married now to Judge Jefferson T. Dukes.." said Virginia, showing him her wedding bands..




""Jetty Right? Ohhhhhhhhh well you landed on your feet....Good to see that...Is Boss Lady in?" asked
Eric Beckett.

"ERIC BECKETT!!! WELL I'LL BE? It's been awhile..." said Ms. Yvette.

He looked Yvette up and down and smiled..

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! UMMMMMPH!  Hasn't been that long...You're still stacked...just like your cousin...wowwww.....I think I like you even better....Still dress to the nines, sill got that bodacious body... LAWDDD!  Myyyy goodness... How is Natasha? I haven't seen or heard from her in 7 years?" asked Eric Beckett...


''She died two years ago....Overdose....out in L.A." said Yvette...

He was somber for a moment....

"Oh.....Sorry to hear that.....So.....I hear you made partner huh? Managing Partner.....You got your own suite, Your own office manager.....Nice... How bout those kids that were working with you?  What are they up to now?" he asked..

"They're still with me...They're all Senior Associate Attorneys now...Come on, I'll show you around.." said Yvette..

She took him around to all of our offices..


THE OFFICE OF SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY KEITH JONES

Mine!

THE OFFICE OF SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY MRS. BEATRICE EVANS-JONES

Bee Bee's

THE OFFICE OF SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY MRS. SOFIA GARCIA-AHMED
Sofia's



THE OFFICE OF SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY KAHLIL AHMED

and Kahlil's


THE OFFICE Of  INVESTIGATOR  MRS. JADE LEE-HO



And of course, Jade's...



"The band is still together huh? All married , Got nice offices... You hooked them up and you got a good thing goin here Vettie...surrounded by people you can trust....Nice..I'm impressed by you..."said Eric.

Eric was the former Assistant States Attorney and once a candidate for a federal judgeship...He was also a womanizer and his scandals railroaded him out of the State's Attorney's office and his judgeship...He had been working for different law firms over the past few years....


"So Eric...what's new with you and what brings you here?" asked Yvette.


"I was over your old building, looking for you and they told me that you were a partner now and working out here....


So here I am...I'm here because I need a favor...I happen to have read that you and your friend, Olivia Bennett-Alexander and her staff have worked for States Attorney Tanya Mosley a number of times...I'd like to work for her... I have a complete resume and she's probably heard of me anyway....I figure since you know her personally, a good word from you and the passing along of my resume might go a long way to getting me somewhat back to where I was... Could you do that for me?" asked Eric.


"Sure why not? I can't promise you anything...but I'll pass it along..."said Yvette..

"Thanks doll...I heard you got married too awhile back....You still married?" he asked.

"Yupper...Very Happily Married....How bout you? I KNOW you aren't married, but are you seeing anyone?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"I'm presently engaged...but I'm about to break that off....She's cheating on me....Like I'm never gonna find out about it.......Yeah, she's about to get her walking papers soon...."laughed Eric....

"Sorry to hear that." said Yvette.

"Don't be...I'm young, Handsome, An Attorney and single.....I've never had a problem with the.ladies."laughed Eric Beckett


 


III-

Just Blocks away-


A Sports Car sits parked at the corner....The driver, a 29 year old Black woman sits at the steering wheel..a nice neat bullet hole in her left temple....blood pouring down the side of her face....She is very , very dead....

In the passenger seat next to her is a white male, 28 years old...with a nice neat bullet hole in his left temple and a a bullet hole in his chest, right above his heart....blood is all over he front seat....He too is very dead...

" White Male, Two gunshot wounds....One above the heart and one in the temple... Black Female, One gunshot wound in the temple...."said a crime scene investigator.... A crowd was beginning to grow..

"Judging by body temperature and rigor , they've both been dead for a few hours...I think they were killed somewhere else and brought here..."said Dr. Hazel Baylor, Coroner and Forensic Investigator...

"Definitely....She looked up...The street camera had been shot out!!!

"Damn!  We have no way to determine when they arrived and who brought them here." said Dr. Marcy Templeton.



"This car is a two seater, too small for three people to fit in...This is crazy..... Guys check around here for shell casings and fragments...and glass..." said Lt. Tragg..



"We found glass and .38 caliber shell casings.... that's what shot out the street camera....but that's not what killed these two...They were shot with .22 caliber weapons...probably fired from a silencer..
Nobody in this crowd saw or heard anything." said two other detectives at the scene...


"Button up this area...Find someone, anyone who heard or saw anything or anyone....Somebody must have heard or seen something... They got any ID on em...?" asked Lt. Tragg.



"The car belongs to the girl... Her name is Valarie Robinson...She's an attorney...She's from Cherry Hill...This is a New Jersey Drivers License and Car registration...but her job ID states that she works here in Philly......" said a crime scene investigator..  "The guy's name is Ray Studevan....He's a bartender at a local bar here in the city...lives here in the city..." said another Crime Scene Investigator...


"Get to that Bar, Get to her law firm...I want the book on both of them...Talk to relatives, co-workers,friends and associates..On the double...let's go guys....Ladies....you can remove the bodies.. Hey guys, get over here and give them a hand." said Lt. Tragg.

This was certainly a new Lt. Tragg, delegating authority....calling Hazel and Marcy ladies instead of "girls" and actually sounding like a detective.






 The crowd gasped as both bodies were taken out of the sporty car ,put in white body bags, strapped to gurneys and carted away....

A Tow truck was called.

to tow the flashy sports car away......


Another day, Another double homicide in the city....


At a conference room downtown... I met with Jazzy, Kayla, Zoey, Lem and Renee for a corporate litigation.. It was short...










It was a whole different dynamic working with people other than my own team-mates , but it was fun and an easy win...

Downtown in court Kahlil linked up with Dabnis, Ray, Paris, Tony and Tyrell for a one day court appearence that was both good training for him and relatively easy going.












While in Immigration court, Sofia and Bee Bee teamed with Jessica and Chip and finished up two immigration /citizenship cases....













Our investigator, Jade had tagged along with them, remembering the help they had given her in gaining her own citizenship...
It was ironic that The meeting, Ms. Yvette was told to broker between States Attorney Tanya Mosely and Eric Beckett would be at Mabel Jenkins Soul Food restaurant in her neighborhood..

She hadn't been in awhile and she enjoyed being here..So did Eric.

"Vettie this place is slamming...You have so many great places in your neighborhood.." said Eric as he chowed down...


"I picked this place because it's in the hood and away from the prying eyes of the press...Nobody knows we are here or why we are here." said Ms. Yvette.

"Plus, the great food...I've always loved this place...When I was in prison...Olivia ordered a platter from me and she and Bev and Donnie Ray , Nelson and Josie drove up to the prison with this food to visit me.. It was a year before I got paroled...She's always been a great friend." said Virginia.



There  was Cornbread with butter just melting...



Barbecued ribs...


Barbecued Chicken...

Candied Yams


And Juicy Collard Greens were served.



"Before I even lived in this area, I would drive here to get their great food on a Friday night."said Yvette.,


"Ouuuuuuu girllllll, so did I...It has been awhile though." said Tanya, who was really enjoying her food..


"Vettie you picked the perfect spot....I'll definitely be back here." said Al Davis, Tanya's personal attorney and some say her most trusted lieutenant.


"Ummmmmmmmm my first time here, but definitely not my last." said Attorney Cheryl Williams, one of Tanya's newest staff members..


"Ummmmm this food is soooo good." said Attorney Linda Gorman, the only white person in the restaurant at the time and Tanya's right hand woman....

They all enjoyed their food immensely and then the conversation about Eric Beckett and his future employment...

Yvette passed Tonya his resume...






Tanya looked it over while everyone all enjoyed Ice Tea....


"This looks good...I remember you before I was in office...You almost became a Federal Judge...Hmmmm, The Good News is....I have a place for you...Give me two weeks and then call this number." said Tanya.

"Thank You Tanya....Thank You....I worked for your predecessor...I know how things work..I won't let you down." said Eric Beckett.  ''And thank you Yvette for getting us together..."said Eric.


"Oh don't mention it...One hand washes the other.,"said a cheerful Yvette as the meeting concluded.



IV-


NIGHT TIME!





"Heyyyy sexy!" said her husband Gary as she arrived at home..

"Heyyyyy yourself... I brought you home some dinner from Mabel Jenkins Soul Food Joint.. Had a meeting there tonight with States Attorney Tanya Mosley and her staff... I brokered a deal for Eric Becket to work for her in her office.

"Thanks for the grub baby, but I had a big dinner at Sam Mother's Diner tonight...I'll take that with me tomorrow...That'll be my lunch.... Eric Beckett...I remember him...He worked for Tanya's predecessor as Assistant State's attorney and he was the golden boy up for a federal Judgeship and then it all fell apart..
A Number of sex scandals..." said Gary.


''Well he's kept his nose clean for the last 7 years....and Tanya has agreed to hire him....So all in all it was a success..."said Yvette...


Gary couldn't keep his eyes off of Yvette's big pretty, sexy legs.....She sat on his lap....She noticed the way he was watching her every move...She smiled.. She loved that she turned him on so....

They began kissing passionately...
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you feel so good!" moaned Gary...
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU so do you!" cooed Yvette in between hot smouldering kisses...

They lie on the bed, kissing each other.......

"All this kissing is getting me hot." whispered Yvette.

"Me too!" said Gary....

He slipped her mini skirt off....




He unhooked her bra


and slipped her panties down...


Gary bent Yvette over the bed and entered her doggie style-

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! YOU HORNY DOG YOU!!!" Yvette screamed as Gary went to town....
They wound up on the bedroom floor , really going at it... Gary didn't know if he was coming or going...Yvette's head turned from side to side....Her body trembled and tears and sweat ran down the side of her face...

"UMMMMMMMMM OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YOU ARE A BEAST!" she cried out loudly...


They sat on the side of the bed with Yvette riding him slowly and softly , nearly driving him into a state of delirium........

and finally on the bed, Yvette still riding him and having two orgasms the likes she had never seen before.....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY SWEET SWEET HUSBAND!" she moaned.


"AWWWWWWWWWWW MY SWEET GIRRRRRRRRL" he cried out....as he slowly entered her
missionary style..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she cried out...


"OHHHHHHHH!  AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWD!" he moaned..
Their bed was getting a good workout tonight.......EIGHT TO NINE HOURS WORTH!

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she moaned...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWD!"gasped Gary as he came and came hard.....


Yvette rested on top of Gary, with him smiling and softly rubbing her butt......

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" she moaned as she drifted off into a peaceful sleep..



While across town-


Eric Beckett was awakened by a knock on his door...Who could it be this time of morning?
He had just had a great day...a promise of a new job!  Maybe it was Valarie...He'd love to hit that one last time before he dumped her..



"Eric Beckett?   I'm Lt. Tragg Homicide, You're under arrest for the murders of Valarie Robinson and Raymond Stedevan...Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...You're an attorney but if you can't afford an attorney , which I doubt...one will be supplied for you...Do you understand these rights as I am reading them to you...Of course you do... Cuff him boys." said Lt. Tragg..


"Valarie's dead? Murdered?? There must be some mistake....." said a shocked Eric Beckett.



Two other detectives handcuffed him and dragged him out of his apartment..


"Take him downtown boyz!" said Lt. Tragg as they left his apartment...

Meanwhile at Yvette and Gary's house-

Gary and Yvette were going for round two..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY SWEET SWEET HUSBAND!" she moaned.


"AWWWWWWWWWWWW  LAWWWWD!" he cried out....



He had her on the bathroom sink, legs spread and he going to town, thrusting away...





Neither of them heard her phone ,in the bedroom ringing!


(TO BE CONTINUED)



4 comments:

  1. Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Monday, that must mean another new Keith story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way this began with a destination wedding and then gradually became a murder mystery...Nice way to ease us in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this guy from a few years ago....He was sleeping with Vettie's cousin wasn't he?"

    ReplyDelete