Thursday, November 11, 2021

A Practice Of One


 A Rainy Day in the city....


We were all snug and inside of our office.


Our lunches had just arrived..





Olivia and I with Italian Hoagies..




Josie with a Turkey Hoagie..







And Beverly ,her husband Nelson and Bresha with Chinese Take out from Chinese Bob's....We had just started chowing down good when Alfreda walked in with our guest, Attorney Eric Farr..


"Hey Guys, you have a lunch guest." said Alfreda..

"Good Afternoon guys...It's pretty wet out there...I heard you guys got a continuance...Very good.." he said.

"I wish we had known you were coming, we would have gotten more ,so we could offer you some..
We are awaiting the DNA results on Max and the others at the Bachelor Party..The Medical examiners Office, An Independent Lab and The FBI's lab in Quantico are looking over all of the DNA submitted and seeing if they can find matches for the three strands of DNA recovered from Ms. Hudson when she did the rape kit.. We know she was assaulted by three different guys and we want to make sure that Maxey is not one of them." said Olivia..

" That's okay guys, I ate before I came here... Vivian Huberty


 has gone on and launched a civil suit against Maxey before his criminal trial has begun...She tried to do an end run around me and deal with Mr. Lupin Sr. herself..saying that scandal and blowback from this would wind up costing him more...She wanted three million upfront...I was livid when I found out...I told him to hold off ,that we had a good chance of exonerating Maxey and that this was not his event, meaning he could not be held liable..

Max's father was almost willing to cave for 2.5 million to make it all go away....I told him, I assured him that we could exonerate his son and prove that it was not his event...I told him not to agree to anything and not to pay one red cent...


Naturally she was livid...She threatened to go to the press with all of the sordid details....I threatened to counter sue her and guess what? She backed down....I wasn't expecting that.." he said.


"I might be able to explain that to you...." I said in between taking bites of my hoagie..I passed a dossier to him...It was on Vivian Huberty...



Vivian Lynette Reynolds (Huberty)

Born in Philadelphia PA.

Father, Vance Reynolds , (Deceased, Former Assistant U.S. Attorney)

Mother , Virginia Reynolds (Deceased, Attorney, Law professor, Villanova School of Law)

Graduated from North Catholic High School, Philadelphia PA.

B.A. - Administration of Justice, Pre Law, Trial Advocacy -Columbia University, NYC, NY.

JD.- Columbia University School of Law, NYC, NY.

Passed the Bar in New York, Pennsylvania,New Jersey, Deleware, Connecticut and Massachusetts

Public Defender, New York City

Assistant District Attorney, New York City

Staff Attorney-N.A.A.C.P. Legal Defense Fund-Atlanta ,Georgia

Staff Attorney-Innocence Project, Washington-D.C.

Staff Attorney-Innocence Project, Philadelphia PA.

Married Leonard Huberty, Attorney (Divorced, No children)

Managing Partner, Dennison, Turnback and Rogers ,Attorneys at law...Philadelphia PA.

Owner- Vivian Huberty, Attorney at Law and Associates..Philadelphia Pa.

''She's had quite a distinguished career." said Attorney Eric Farr.
"I met her some years ago when I was a Public Defender and we were working a case together.."said Olivia.. She was a managing partner at Dennison, Turnback and Rogers ,Attorneys at law. Had her own office, four attorneys and a para-legal and an office manager working for her...I was in awe of her and determined to have my own practice one day...The dream in me started then with her..She was my hero...She used to throw me some of her cases , that I would work outside of the Public Defenders Office for extra money...."said Olivia..

"Yeah, me and Bev used to assist her on some of those cases.."said Nelson..
"That's how we got to know her too! We liked her back then! " said Beverly...

"That extra cash came in handy didn't it?" asked Josie..
"Girrrrrl that paid for a new outfit, new shoes...My car note.."laughed Beverly..


"It bought me a couple of suits, paid off a credit card, helped me with my car note and I still had rent money when I got my first place and some left over...That was good extra money..." said Nelson, remembering those days...

"Nice...Liv always took care of you two..."said Bresha.


''Always...That's why we are so loyal to her to this day.." said Nelson.

Olivia smiled....She continued...

"She left DTR and began her own practice around the same time I started this practice..."said Olivia.


''She had an office in one of the tony high rises downtown..

with four attorneys and a para-legal and an office manager...Things were good for awhile...Then two years ago..She lost three big cases....Civil Suits!! Lost so bad ,she was counter sued and lost all three suits and a lot of working capital.... a lot of the clients she had on retainer pulled out!  Her four attorneys left her and went back to DTR to work...She had to let her para -legal and her office manager go...And now she is a practice of one..and in deep financial trouble I hear... There is a lean on the office she does have now in a ratty old building..

She needs this case...She needs a big win to infuse cash into her fading practice and to enable her to keep her office space and maybe hire some more staff...." I said.

"That's why she backed down when I said Counter Suit...She can't afford to be sued and lose another suit..."said Eric Farr.


"Don't worry about her....right now...We are waiting for the results of these DNA tests.Then we can go to trial...We have more than enough that points to his innocence...Like their is none, not a bit of forensic evidence that ties him to the room, no fingerprints...no nothing... The girl has failed to identify him two times...The night of the incident...and in a line up when she identified an undercover cop.. No one we interviewed remembered him even being at the scene.....We have more than enough to say reasonable doubt."said Olivia.

"Great!" said Eric Farr.

II-


In the office of Vivian Huberty, Attorney at Law.


"Here is a check for half of the rent.. I'll have the other half by next week....I promise you...I'm working on a big case..a big case.. If I win...it will bring in lots of dough....Lots of dough.." pleaded Vivian Huberty.

''Alright Viv, but this will only hold off eviction for so long...What happened to you Viv?  You used to be a heavy hitter...You had a big fancy office downtown..had a full staff of about six people..four lawyers, a para-legal and an office manager and now it's just you...What happened?" asked the landlord..


Vivian sighed..".2016, I lost those three big cases...and I got sued , counter sued and lost all of my working capital...A lot of the clients I had on retainers pulled out...and as a result..I had to let go my attorneys one by one...I couldn't pay them...and then my para-legal got pregnant and she left and I couldn't even pay my office manager... I got evicted from my building and wound up here and now I'm on the verge of losing this place... I've won a few cases..and that's kept me afloat..but I'm hoping I get my 15 percent in this million dollar, multi million dollar law suit...This will put me back in the winners circle.. You wait and see Phil."said Vivian..

"Good Luck to you Viv." said Phil....

Vivian sighed...She wondered how she had fell so far... She had been on the top....Yesterday when she visited Olivia at her residence..She saw how far she had fallen and how smart Olivia had been..


Olivia had bought a property 

and paid for it lock stock and barrell , thus assuring she would never be out on the street...
She had hired people that love her and would be loyal to her no matter what..

Her husband, who worships the ground she walks on...
Her niece , who has an almost mother-daughter relationship and love for her..
Her niece's husband, who loves her almost as much as he does her niece.. and the rest of her staff




Those two attorneys and that office manager... She has working capital into the millions she heard and a lot of loyal clients on retainer....


Olivia had had some good counseling before she made her move and had planned it well...she had now surpassed her ...She dreaded that she might have to give up her practice and either teach law like her mother did and or go back to work for the Innocence project or the N.A.A. C.P. Legal Defense Fund..
Her mistake was taking on those three big lawsuits....She lost all three cases and then got counter sued and her ex-husband lost those suits and she lost practically all of her working capital and her clients on retainer lost faith and pulled out...Making her a practice of one...


AQUA BAR- SALSA NIGHT!!!




It was Salsa and Taco Night..

Brian "Biff" Bardo, who I hadn't been able to find...frequented Aqua Bar, I found out from a source...And he liked the ladies....




He was drunk as a skunk and was dancing with both Sofia Garcia -Ahmed and Jessica Sanchez-Burrows,  Two beautiful Puerto Rican Girls...



He really enjoyed dancing in between Beverly and Bee Bee... He got a little handsy and they had to remove his hands....







And remind him that their husbands were sitting at the bar watching him...


"As gorgeous as you ladies are, they should be dancing with you.." he laughed.

Josie was sitting alone...She caught his eye...

"Wellllllll hello baby, how are you?" he asked..

"I'm fine Brian." said Josie..who continued sipping her drink..


Bresha sat on the other side of him...

"Hi Biff" said Bresha..

He laughed..."How do you hotties know my name?" he said..





Josie plopped a subpeona in his lap...

"Because we are all attorneys and I'm here to serve you with a subpeona." said Josie..



He looked stunned, but not as stunned as he was going to be...

"You represent Maxey right? You work for Olivia and Beverly..." He looked across the bar..
HE HAD BEEN DANCING WITH BEVERLY ALL NIGHT!!! FEELING HER BUTT, GRINDING ON HER!!!  THIS WAS A SET UP!!! He reasoned!

Detective Tragg walked in..


with a tactical squad...

"Mister Bardo...You're a hard guy to find...I've left messages with you....So now...You've earned yourself a ride downtown..Suspicion of sexual assault...Let's go.." said Detective Tragg...

He looked at the subpeona and then looked at Bresha and Josie..




"You guys caught up with him too huh? You Honey Trapped him...HEH HEH HEH!!!!" he laughed...Then he stared at Biff..

"You were laughing at me the other night in Curleys.....Find anything funny now huh? Oh yeah, I remember you.." laughed Detective Tragg...

Biff was handcuffed and taken out of the club with the police...

He stared at the women he had been dancing with...








They were indeed married and those guys at the bar had been their husbands...


Detective Tragg laughed..

"Yeah smart guy...all of those girls are lawyers , their husbands are too.. You think classy chicks like that would be with the likes of you? They came here to serve you a subpoena.. Still laughing?" he said..

Biff hated Detective Tragg  with a passion...He said nothing...


Beverly walked over to Josie..

"I'm sooooooo glad we didn't have a runner.." she said.
"I know...Brand new pair of pantyhose...That I would like to wear again." said Josie..
Bresha laughed... "Me too!"

III-


Olivia and I were  at home..


"I just got off the phone with shortcake... They located Biff in Aqua Bar and served him his subpoena without incident...And then, he was arrested by Detective Tragg." I said.

"Good...At least he can't flee...Hopefully Detective Tragg will get his DNA sample too while he has him in custody.." said Olivia...


I pulled Olivia to me and cut the light off...

"I done good huh?" I said..


"You did good...so come here and get your reward..." whispered Olivia...


Giving me a slow, soft kiss....


"Ummmmmmmmmm, reward..." I moaned..

"Yes.. Reward." whispered Olivia...


"Oh My God, Olivia..."I gasped as I slipped her panties down...


Olivia gasped...Oh My God...DONNIE RAYY!!!....Ouuuuu...you are huge!!!.Did you get bigger?" she exclaimed...as I unhooked her bra and began sucking on her breasts.....

I didn't answer...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh DONNIE RAY!....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned.

"You're going to split me in half with that huge thing..What am I going to do with all of that?" she joked..

"You'll be fine.." I said.

I thrusted my tongue practically down her throat and while squeezing one breast with my hand... and I lifted her up and positioned her on me as I entered her and began thrusting away...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO, OH MY GODDDD YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS!!!! UMMMMMMM!!!!!" she screamed as I continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.....

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......UMMMMMMMMMMMMM...OH MY GOD OLIVIA!" I moaned....

A HALF HOUR slowly oozed by...I felt so good...I wasn't even close to stopping..




"Ouuuu husband you are doing the damn thing...UMMMMMM" she said..
 I laid her across her bed , a few minutes later and I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly....She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..I kissed her neck, between her breasts, her cheeks....She continued to kiss my lips and my ears and my chest...

"Ohhh My God...I can't believe how good this  feels!" she moaned..

"Me neither!" I said.

She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...She matched me thrust for thrust and even kissed my shoulder at one point...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind....She was shaking and looking like she was on the verge of crying the entire time.......

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OHHH MY GOODNESS...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she moaned loudly ,obviously not caring who heard us....


We made sweet passionate and intense love like this for EIGHT TO NINE HOURS.. Olivia began to shake and gyrate and tears began to stream down her face again....I was surprised at how passionate she still was ...

"It's sooooooooooooooo goooddd...Oh my godddddddddddddd it's soooooo gooood Oh my Goddd Donnie Ray....ohhhhh don't stoppp, don't stopp...don't ever stop...ouuuuuuuuuuuu" she screamed as I mounted her from behind on the floor of our bedroom..



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" she screamed...

I came like a gusher....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" I moaned...

She smiled....Her mouth was wide open as she stared at me...



"Wow!  THAT WAS AWESOME...WOW! OUUU HUSBAND...YOU WERE JUST SHOWING OFF IN THIS BED!! MYYYY GOOODNESS!" she exclaimed....

We sat and stared at each other for a few minutes....

"You want some more don't you?" she whispered, with a look of disbeleif...

I smiled and gently felt her breasts...I gently kissed both of them....She leaned over and kissed me again..

"You were so..so intense....You made me cum like four times..OUUUUUUU!." she smiled..she was still shaking as she continued to kiss me...

She gave me a nice sloppy, wet kiss....I pulled her to me and kissed her too..She felt my still very hard and engorged penis...Her mouth opened wide..

"You are so hard!" she whispered... "Myyyyyy goodness..." she said..

"You make me hornier than any woman I've ever known"..I whispered...

"Ouuuuuuu...you just want some more..Flattery will get you everywhere, .."she laughed as we continued kissing and I mounted her once again...

"Oh My goodness!!!! DONNIE RAY!!!!  OUUUUUUUUU!" she replied smiling and slowly kissing me as I entered her again...She was so warm,so moist...so inviting..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray...ohhhh my goddd!..Ouuuuuuuu..." she cried out...as the bed began to squeak....The headboard slammed against the wall....She stared at me almost in disbelief.....
"OHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDD, DONNIE RAY...OUUUUUUUUU YOU NEVER GET ENOUGH!...OUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..


Another TWO TO THREE HOURS of sweet and tender lovemaking continued....We were both going to be very tired tomorrow ...but neither of us cared at the moment...Not like we had to be anywhere at any time..



She began to blow softly in my ear ,in between soft , wet kisses..which turned me on even more...and within TWENTY MINUTES... I exploded like a gusher ...Holding her tightly....Her body shook a little too..Tears ran down the side of her face..her body began shaking and her head turned from side to side...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...myyy goodnessss.." she exclaimed...still shaking like a church woman testifying......

We continued to hold each other for a few minutes....

"You okay?" I asked...

"I'm just fine..." she said, smiling serenely....

She smiled sweetly and held me between her legs as I dozed off.....She had the sweetest smile on her face....


IV-

The next morning...The rain had stopped..There was a beautiful rainbow in the sky.


We were all on Olivia and I's domicile..


Ready for breakfast... Olivia and Alfreda were fixing breakfast....
Olivia was whistling...

"Ummmm hmmmm..Tall ,Dark and Southern put it on you last night...Got you whistling.."laughed Alfreda...

Olivia just smiled knowingly.....

"Girl....If I could sell what he has in his pants...I'd retire tomorrow...We'd be rich.." exclaimed Olivia..


"OUUUUUU...I know that's the truth..." laughed Alfreda, rubbing Olivia's back...

They made 
PANCAKES
SAUSAGE
HASH BROWNS
OMELETTES


FRESH ORANGE JUICE
and HOT COFFEE...

Nelson , Beverly, Josie and Bresha looked hung over and tired from a night of partying and drinking...
A good hot breakfast and good hot coffee would set them all straight...

"I'm glad we don't have to go to court today." said Nelson.
"Me too!  I wouldn't go to Aqua Bar the night before a trial." said Beverly..

There had been no night of sexual passion for them after they came home from the club... They both immediately got in bed and fell asleep in each other's arms..
"I wouldn't either.." said Josie, yawning. She and Paris had crashed too when they got home...
Despite the fact Paris wanted to.. Josie promised she'd make it up to him tonight.

"Well now I know not to go."laughed Bresha, who was the most energetic and cheerful of the quartet..

Youth!



We hadn't seen Lt. Tragg in weeks and we didn't miss him...We had been eating all of our meals here and working here, not having to go into town to go to court..It felt good..


As we sat down to eat I said.

"I just got off the phone with Gary Lockwood.. Police picked up those two other fellows....One in New York City...and the other in New Haven....They've lawyered up...but it is expected they'll be extradited to Philadelphia in a few days... I've got news from the M.E.'s office...They did not find a match from any of the party goers who submitted their DNA, including Maxey to any of the three semen samples taken from Ms Hudson's Rape KitI said....Neither did Dr. Goggins Lab...When we get the results from the FBI it will be complete...but all intents and purposes.. Maxey is innocent...He did not assault her." I said..
"THAT'S GREAT NEWS!" said Olivia, ecstatic..
"WE CAN WIN THIS IN THE PRELIMINARIES!" said Nelson..
"WE'D HAVE WON IT ANYWAY...THEY'VE GOT NOTHING AND THEY KNOW IT!" said Beverly...


"It's got to be the three guys in custody...One in New Haven and One in New York City...They've lawyered up and they did leave town right away..."said Josie..


"Don't forget Biff, he wasn't exactly forthcoming....It's got to be those three.." said Bresha.

"We'll know soon enough." said Olivia.


And At Vivian Huberty's Office...


"What do you mean we have to wait? I haven't been working and I need my money..."said Vanessa Hudson...


"Baby, I NEED MONEY, THEY ABOUT TO THROW ME OUTTA HERE!...But it's beginning to look like the guy they arrested isn't...well he might not be one of he guys who assaulted you... They took DNA samples from him and 27 guys that were at that party....The Medical examiner's Office and an independent lab here in the area said that none of them is a DNA match for the three guys who assaulted you..Not him, not them...Plus you failed to identify him twice..At the scene and in a line up."said Vivian...


''So he walks and I don't get no justice or ANY MONEY? " asked Vanessa Hudson..


"DID YOU HEAR ANY OF WHAT I SAID?  HE'S INNOCENT...HE IS NOT A DNA MATCH FOR ANY OF THE THE THREE BOYS WHO ATTACKED YOU...The Medical Examiner and An Independent Lab have cleared him and 27 others..." said Vivian.

"Well, Well, Can't you go after him for having the event?" asked Vanessa Hudson..

"It wasn't his event..He was a guest...It was a surprise bachelor party...He can't be held liable..The cops arrested the wrong guy...BUT....there is a silver lining....They arrested two guys...One in New York and One in New Haven, These two guys left town immediately after the party....They haven't been tested.
They also picked up another guy here in Philly , a night ago...He refuses to turn in his DNA...All of them come from money....We just sit back and wait and we may get our pay day after all baby girl." laughed Vivian Huberty...

(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments:

Post a Comment