Friday, October 2, 2020

The Replaceable Blonde




 TWO WEEKS LATER...

For a case we thought could be won in the preliminaries...This case turned out to be a big dissapointment..



Despite the girls calling him a horn dog and sometimes laughing at him behind his back, ADA Ron Harper was a very capable attorney... He had gone to an HBCU, Morgan State University in Baltimore and then gone to Law School at Columbia University in New York City , where he lived for a little while..Had been a pretty successful Attorney in the New York City Public Defender's office, before moving back to Philadelphia and going to work in their Public Defender's Office..

It was here he took an interest in


a younger (by three years), intelligent and pretty young woman named Olivia Barnes under his wing and showed her the ropes...He also expressed a sexual interest in Mrs. Barnes too, but she was married at the time and that wasn't in the cards..

Olivia divorced and took 
interest in a younger, by 9 years attorney named Nelson East, who had just started..He was intelligent and hard working and eager to learn...He soon became her "sidekick"
When her niece (also younger by 9 years) joined the Public Defender's Office the next year, She too came under Olivia's wing...Teaching both of these young attorneys ,along with Beverly's law school friend, Jasmine Jenkins, now Jasmine Coley..

everything Ron Harper had taught her about being a lawyer in the real world and preparation...

Of the four,Only "Jazzy" as Olivia had nicknamed her followed Ron Harper
into the District Attorney's office where she worked for four years before leaving to work at a private law firm..


Largely because my investigation was still developing at the time the investigation began..

ADA Ron Harper was able to mount perhaps his best argument yet, regarding our client, Attorney Bennie Gillespie's guilt..

We didn't have a credible alibi for him...Since he was in the building at the time, but not that part of the building..He had had a bitter and loud quarrel with Roy Baskett that was witnessed by at least five people...

Judge Wong had ordered him held over for trial..


Both Olivia and Beverly didn't want to play their entire hand, which was simply to provide the jury with the real killer, which we had figured out by now....





Nelson and Josie were excellent on Voir dire.

Never one of Ron Harper's strong points.. They both succeeded in getting 8 of 12 jurors they wanted..

Our good friend, Attorney Yvette Jones was in court that day...She herself was a master at Voir dire and picking potential jurors for trial based on what she would need...She applauded..

"Liv...you have taught Nelson and Josie well...They did an excellent job.." she said.


"He's teaching us...Nelson was a Psychology minor ,like you were..."said Olivia, beaming at her two protoge's like a proud mother..

"Ahhhhh, that explains it.."laughed Yvette.

II-
Nightfall the night ADA Harper rested the prosecutions case..

We were home...

Olivia was riding me like a surfer rides the waves...moving up and down and flooding me with the softest kisses imaginable..

"Ummmmmmmmm Donnie Ray...Ouuuuuuuuuuu I'm worried.." she cooed..

"I told you, I've got it all under control...This plan will flush our perp out if nothing else will.."I said..

"We are having a hard time proving his alibi..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, oh my goodness....whoooooooo!"she moaned...

She was so soft, so wet and I was losing my mind.....

"I'm hard period.." I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhh I know...I knowwww." she cooed.
We were kissing passionately...
Olivia was holding on me for dear life and moving up and down...

''Enjoying the ride?" she asked.

"Oh yes...Ohhhhhh yesssss." I moaned..

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS had flowed by and I wasn't even close to stopping..
Soon, I had lifted her up and was thrusting away feverishly...

"Ummmmmm...whooooooooooooo Donnie Ray..OUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I moaned..
We made it to the bedroom and were really going at it...The bed was shaking, the headboard vibrating and  Olivia and I staring at each other in disbelief at how good we were feeling...

THREE MORE HOURS PASSED BY  before she began shaking feverishly...Her head moving from side to side..Her legs trembling...and me cumming like a gusher...


'This plan you have...You said it's unfolding soon?" asked Olivia as she lie across our bed, totally exhausted as did I..

"As we speak babe.."

At a motel near the outskirts of town the next morning..

Lieutenant Tragg knocked on the door..

"Open Up...We have a warrant for your arrest! POLICE!!!" he demanded..


"I'm like Super Naked...I just got out of the shower...Could you wait?" came the voice of the woman..

"Okay Boys...Take down the door...!"he ordered..

The Tactical squad took down the door...


They found a beautiful Blonde, clad in only her bra and panties..

"Seriously gentlemen ,what is this about?" she asked seductively..


"Terry Meadows-Baskett, You're under arrest for Bigamy...But you're also a witness in the Bennie Gillespie Murder Case...After you're formally booked, I'll be bringing you to court.."said Lt. Tragg.


"My name is not Terry Meadows....It's Brenda...Brenda Johnson." said the woman..

''Tell it to your shrink and the judge lady...Put on some clothes...I'm taking you in."said Lt. Tragg

III-


Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Josie began their defense..







They gave Bennie a robust defense...They called and questioned the five prosecution witnesses who had previously testified...They managed to find discrepancies in the times they said they saw or heard the argument between Bennie and Roy...


Despite ADA Harper's numerous objections, they were allowed to continue..

Walker Long was called to the stand..


"You originally told Lt. Tragg, who is not here today that you were not present in the building the night of the murder and that you were in fact at the Northeast Airport getting ready to board a private plane that night, but that's not true is it?" asked Beverly..

''Yes it's True...What are you talking about?" said Walker Long.

"I have the Boarding log here and the time of that plane's departure.. You in fact boarded that plane at 12:30 am , Two Hours after the murder of Roy Baskett...Giving you plenty of time to get to the airport.."said Nelson.

"Your Honor, this is irrelevant..." said Attorney Chet Wesley..


"I agree, where is counsel going with this?" asked ADA Harper.

"If it pleases the court, I have here defense exhibit A... This is a ledger ....If you'll look at the screen on your left you'll see a larger photo of the ledger...It shows that you sir have been siphoning money out of the firms accounts for close to two years now and siphoning them into a dummy account under the name of "Sheila Basket." to take the onus off of you... I have three handwriting experts here ,who are willing to testify that this is your handwriting on these ledgers as well as your fingerprints.. You used the name "Sheila Basket" because you knew that Sheila Haskell and Roy Baskett were in Kingston all the time...I have a photo of you meeting with them, just days before her suicide, that we now know was a murder...Did you kill her because she discovered what you had been doing and have your attorney pay off the officials in Kingston?" asked Olivia..


"I OBJECT! AGAIN, RELEVANCE!!!" screamed Attorney Chet Wesley...

"Where are you going with this counselor...You appear to be a little all over the map Mrs. Alexander."said Judge Wong.


"Oh you'll get your turn Mr. Wesley...Your honor, we are going to tie all of this up soon." said Olivia.. 


"These five witnesses will testify that you were in that office too after Bennie Gillespie left...Roy Baskett was firing you too..He found out you were embezzling money, he fired you and YOU KILLED HIM!" said Josie..

"You knew about the hatred Roy had towards Bennie Gillespie because he had been sleeping with his wife and you broke into his home, stole his other toupee, snuck back into the office and killed Roy..tearing a clump of hair out and placing it in Roy's hand making him the perfect patsy for murder..Only you were seen..And bad hair or not..Terry Meadows knew it was you, not Bennie."stated Nelson.


The Jury was astonished..

"You can't prove any of this.Where is this Terry Meadows anyway?"snarled Walker Long.

"Oh But we can..Lt. Tragg has arrested Terry Meadows -Baskett, the one eyewitness to the whole murder..She saw  you that night and you know she did...That's why you took that flight out to Jamaica...because you thought she'd ID you...When your attorney called you to tell you that she'd vanished too.. You sighed releif.." said Beverly.


 "Your honor..We'd like to ask for a continuance until she can be processed and produced." said Beverly.


"Alright...I'm am recessing court until tomorrow morning at 9:00 am...Be ready for trial."said the Judge.

That same night...

We were home...

Olivia was riding me like a surfer rides the waves...moving up and down and flooding me with the softest kisses imaginable..

"Ummmmmmmmm Donnie Ray...Ouuuuuuuuuuu I'm worried.." she cooed..

"I told you, I've got it all under control...This plan will flush our perp out if nothing else will.."I said..

"We've played our entire hand...I think we've produced doubt in the jury's mind.."she moaned...

She was so soft, so wet and I was losing my mind.....

"I'm hard period.." I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhh I know...I knowwww.Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she cooed.

"You've done an incredible job...All four of you...This is the icing on the cake."I said.
We were kissing passionately...

"Ummmmmm you're the icing on my cake Donnie Ray....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she moaned softly...

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" was all I could manage to say..
Olivia was holding on me for dear life and moving up and down...

''Enjoying the ride?" she asked.

"Oh yes...Ohhhhhh yesssss." I moaned..


We were really going at each other now...our bed shaking, our headboard rattling...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS had flowed by and I wasn't even close to stopping..
Soon, I had lifted her up and was thrusting away feverishly...

"Ummmmmm...whooooooooooooo Donnie Ray.." she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I moaned..

In a little while,  we were back  in bed, really working out...


THREE TO FOUR MORE HOURS PASSED BY  before she began shaking feverishly...Her head moving from side to side..Her legs trembling...and me cumming like a gusher...




''OH MY GODDD!! That was so intense....Ouuuuuuuuu....This plan you have...You said it's unfolding right now?" asked Olivia as she lie across our bed, totally exhausted as did I..

"As we speak babe. Part Two is unfolding." I said.

IV-


At Northeast Airport, Walker Long and his Attorney, Chet Wesley were getting ready to board a Private Plane bound for Kingston Jamaica.

"Damn it...They were better than we thought...and they got lucky...That damn Terry Meadows can identify me...I thought she had vanished.."said Walker Long..
"I told her to get lost when she was in the hospital..I threatened to expose her as a Bigamist...I gave that broad money...She can potentially put both of us in jeopardy!"said Chet Wesley.

"Going somewhere Guys?" said Gary Lockwood, Investigator for the D.A.'s Office.

And Lt. Danny Ho-Robbery-Homicide..

"You guys look like you're fleeing a court subpoena....Tell me you weren't doing that?" said Lt. Ho.
"You guys have an appointment in court...Judge Wong is not going to be happy at all." I said.

The police officers handcuffed both of them..

While in court

"Your witness is here Mrs. Alexander..?" asked Judge Wong.

"No Your honor...I don't know who this woman is."said Olivia.

''She's not Terry Meadows -Basket." said Beverly West...
"I tried to tell that to Lt. Columbo over there..He and his storm troopers kicked in my door this morning and arrested me, accused me if being Terry Meadows-Baskett, whoever the hell that is...My name is Brenda Johnson....I'm a Barmaid...I work at "Tasty's" she said and produced her drivers license and her work ID..


"WAIT A MINUTE!  I GOT PRETTY CREDIBLE INFORMATION THAT TERRY MEADOWS WAS IN THAT HOTEL ROOM! WHY DO I GET THE FEELING...I WAS PLAYED!!!" snarled Lt. Tragg.

"BECAUSE YOU WERE!" said ADA Harper...

ADA Harper shook his head in disgust...Once again Lt. Tragg had made a boneheaded play...

He stared at Olivia and Beverly...

Olivia smiled slyly and looked at her niece...
Beverly looked at her aunt and smiled knowingly...
He stared at 
Josie , who smiled knowingly
and Nelson, who smirked..

Yes...They had arranged this whole subterfuge....He'd never be able to prove it , but he knew they had...
He shook his head...
"That's Not Terry Meadows, the girl who saw me that night!" blurted Walker Long..
"Will you shut up!" snarled his Attorney Chet Wesley....
Gary Lockwood smiled.

"Nicely Done Donnie Ray.." he said.. He knew the jury had heard them...
"This worked out better than I had planned.. " I said.






Olivia, Beverly, Nelson and Josie grilled them both about why they fled and why they decided to flee when they heard that Terry Meadows had been captured and was going to ID Walker Long..

They hemmed and Hawed, but it was enough...The Jury had heard it and


and there was nothing ADA Ron Harper could do to undo the damage done.. We had shined the spotlight on another suspect! If they weren't totally convinced, at least they had doubt to our client's guilt.

FOUR HOURS LATER, we all stood in court..

"Well Neicy Poo, we didn't have a whole lot, but under the circumstances...I think we did enough.."said Olivia..
''Even if that stunt we pulled with the Blonde was a little over the top.."laughed Beverly...
"I gotta hand it to you, that stunt bordered on being illegal..but if it works I've got no complaints."laughed Bennie.
"Nice work Donnie Ray...Well played...I loved it."said Nelson, laughing..
"Thanks Nelson." I said.
"The Jury is coming in.."said Josie..

"Bailiff, let me see the verdict...." she said..She read it and she actually smiled.. That was a good sign..

"Okay, read it." she said.

"WE THE JURY IN THE MATTER OF STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA VS. BENJAMIN GILLESPIE, find the defendent, NOT GUILTY of the crime of MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE." he read.

The Jury was polled and they all said -"NOT GUILTY!"



''Olivia, you are a Fantastic Attorney, you Beverly, Nelson and Josie...Smart and imaginative..I love it...Thank you so much old friend.." said Bennie ,hugging them all.

"You are sooo welcome Bennie."said Olivia, smiling and hugging her niece and Nelson..

''We did it again Auntay...but that one was close.."said Beverly..
"Yeah, very close." said Nelson..

"This was one for the books." said Josie..
I put $500.00 in Brenda Johnson's hand...She balled up her fist so that no one else would see her accepting the money...

"Thanks again Doll." I said..

"Anytime Donnie Ray...Easiest money I've made in a long time...Let me know when you and the guys play again at Josie's..I'll be there."she said, smiling and walking calmly away...

"Ohhh Bennie Baby...I am sooo glad Olivia and Beverly got you off...You were right about them..They are the best...In fact..I'm going to put them on retainer....and you...You're rehired as my personal Attorney and as for Chet Wesley, he's sooo fired.." said Rita Baskett...

"Baby....while we are standing here.... I'd like to ask you if in addition to that, would you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me..be my wife.?" said Bennie.


He got me to get the ring while he was awaiting trial...He told me if he was acquitted , he planned to propose to Rita.
Her eyes lit up upon seeing the ring... "OH MY GOD!!!! YES...YES BABY...YES!!!!" she said.



and they kissed passionately in the hallway...


"AWWWWW THAT'S SO SWEET....THEY'RE ENGAGED!" said Beverly..
"OUUUUU I KNOWWWWWWW!" cooed Josie..

"I gotta admire your hustle Donnie Ray...You get paid as an Investigator by us...You play at Josie's with the house band and others occassionally on the side and you even do recording dates...and you make a mint in commissions with that Jeweler friend of yours getting people engagement rings and wedding bands..."said Nelson..

"That's what it's about Nelson my boy...Diversity.." I laughed..

''I don't get it... That guy has got a Haircut from outer space and he lands a broad like that...I just don't see the attraction.."said Lt. Tragg..

"Well you know what they say Lieutenant...To each his own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.."said Olivia, as they both enjoyed a rare laugh together.






EPILOUGE-


Walker Long was convicted of the murder of Roy Baskett and sentenced to Life....He was never indicted for the Murder of Sheila Haskell, but is considered a suspect...


Chet Wesley was released and charges against him were dropped...He still practices law somewhere in the city..


Rita Baskett and 

Bob Haskell control the firm equally....with us on retainer


 




and her fiance Benny..


as her personal attorney...


Olivia and I dined out at Red Booth , later that night...

"Ohhh Donnie Ray, this place is fabulous...I love being here, alone , with you.." said Olivia..
"I love being anywhere alone with you.."I said..


Two New York Strip Steaks Arrived...


ADA Ron Harper walked over to our table....He smiled.

"Olivia, Donnie Ray...Well look a here.." he said.. "That was some stunt you pulled in court today...but it got the desired results....I gotta hand it to you...That was pretty imaginative..enjoy your meals." he said as he walked off.


"I gotta admit husband...When you first told me what you planned to do..I was a little nervous..I almost thought it was kind of illegal...but it worked...Let's just hope we don't have to pull out anything that desperate again..."said Olivia, smiling..

"I certainly hope not.. Oh and by the way...Gary Lockwood told me  that Police arrested the real Terry Meadows in  Boston..Guess what she was doing?" I said and winked!

"Getting Married!" said Olivia, laughing heartedly....

"YES INDEED!" I said and busted out laughing myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment