Friday, February 24, 2023

Out Of The Cold


 FIVE DAYS LATER-
The Federal Holding Facility...


F.O.P. Attorney Louis C. Brown appeared at the Federal Holding Facility to release Lt. Tragg...

"On your feet Artie...Boy I tell you, you spend more time locked up than any cop I know....heh heh heh.." he laughed..


"Knock it off Louie, thanks for coming..."said the usually dapper Lt. Tragg, who was somewhat of a fashion horse, Tailored suits, expensive shoes, Every hair in place, mani-pedi, heavily made up...Today, he was a shadow of himself.. One sleeve of his suit was completely gone, ripped off in the fight...The swelling in his eyes were finally going down as was the swelling in his lips and cheeks...

''Artie, you look like hell...and don't give me that bull about you shoulda seen the other guy...I seen him and he doesn't look like you laid a hand on him...If I was you...I'd steer clear of him..."said Louis Brown..
''But you aint me Louie...How is the trial going?" asked Lt. Tragg.
''Oh The Peterson trial?" Not so good for your side Artie...
"It started Five Days Ago!
That Hot Asian Judge, Julie Wong is presiding...Ho Ho Ho....I'd like to take her out for some Asian Cuisine if ya know what I mean , HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...WHOAAA MAMA!

Your girl, uh Nicole Edwards and that young Black chick who is working with her started out like gangbusters...but Auntie and Neicey and their associates were prepared for everything they tossed at em..They lawyered the hell out of the first three days of the preliminary...and on the fifth day....Nicole Edwards begged for a continuance.. The Judge didn't want to at first, this being a preliminary hearing, but she relented.. I think she felt sorry for them...







Auntie, Neicey and crew and Sylvia Peterson were jumping up and down like they'd already gotten an acquittal... Then Olivia gave me a call and here I am..."said Louis C. Brown..


''Wait a minute...Olivia called you to represent me?  I don't believe it!!!"said Lt. Tragg.

"Maybe she misses you...I don't know!
"Olivia done me a couple of favors back in the day when she was a Public Defender...I owe her! Anyway, the good news for you is I got all of your charges dropped...The Assault of a U.S. Attorney...Whooooo you could have lost your badge for that and done 3-5 as a guest of the government for that. They dropped the interfering with a federal investigation charge too!  I smoothed things over with the Deputy of Operations , who didn't even know you had been locked up and your Captain...You are just to report back to work.No Marine Boat, no suspension..They were both too busy laughing." said Louis C. Brown..


"Louie, you're alright...I don't care what they say about you..Heh heh heh.." laughed Lt. Tragg...It looked like he had walked away Scott Free...but as usual there was a catch...


"Uh Artie....Uh ruh, all of this goodwill in your favor comes with a cost..." said Louis C. Brown..

"Cost?? What are you tryin to do, Shake me down? You're an F.O.P. Lawyer...The Police pay you." snarled Lt. Tragg..

"Not to Me Artie...Not to me..." said Louis C. Brown..
THE NEXT DAY-

There was a knock at the door of Assistant  District Attorney Vanessa Stevens home..

Vanessa , who was off today came to the door..

"Oh My" she said.. There was two deliveries..


Three deliveries of rose bouquets... Blue ,Yellow and White..

And a delivery of Cold Cuts, hard rolls, mustard, mayo and condiments for sandwiches and a big card that read.. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY, ALL MY LOVE, TODD!!"

"Oh that Toddd...He is so romantic and he must be really horny too...Well he's earned it...Oh Myyy." said Vanessa...She had no Idea the flowers and the cold cuts had been paid for and sent to her by Lt. Tragg from his florist and from his caterer....

Also, that same day...Alfreda got a simular knock on our door and a delivery of cold cuts and a condiment tray with hard rolls, Mustard and Mayo for sandwiches..
"OUUUUUUUUUUUU! WELL LOOKY HERE!" said Alfreda.


She spread everything out on our conference room table, along with some refreshing and cold Ice tea.
"Man, I gotta find out who Lieutenant Tragg's caterer is...They have the best selection of meats." said Nelson as he made himself another sandwich...
"You aint never lied.I gotta give him credit for that..These are some good meats." I said.
Olivia smiled, took a napkin and wiped the mayo off of my lips..
She gave me a soft kiss..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" she moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" I moaned in return..

"Liv, it really burned him up...You shoulda seen how angry he was, especially getting that card and having the florist write birthday greetings from Todd to his girlfriend...And sending three bouquets of roses and the cold cut and condiment trays to her sent him through the roof.. That and sending these two trays to you guys..."said F.O.P. Attorney Louis C. Brown...who was not usually our ally. "So Liv, are you and me square?" he asked.
''We are square...Sit down, eat with us.. Make yourself a sandwich."said Olivia.

''Don't mind if I do...Thank you Liv."said Louis C. Brown, who sat down next to Beverly and made himself a sandwich... "You know, if Artie knew I was over here right now , eating with you guys..He'd have a baby!"said Louis C. Brown..

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,That I'd like to see...but...this was a nice gesture on his part.. Tell him I said thank you, next time you see him." said Olivia.
"Yeah and we can thank Todd too, for having him send us a tray...Ummmmm these sandwiches are delish." said Beverly...
"Yes they arrrrrrrre.I only regret I wasn't there to see Todd knock him from the kitchen into the living room"said Josie, laughing loudly......

"Jo don't get me started...My sides are still hurting from laughing so much and it's been five days..."said Beverly...


"Pass me a mayo packet Jo."said her husband, Paris..

''Here you go Bae...Uh is that sandwich big enough?" said Josie, laughing at the size of her husband's sandwich.

"I don't know what's nicer...Us having Friday off because they got granted a continuance, which gives us the whole weekend off...or this sandwich tray." said Bresha...
"Both!" said her husband, Tony....
"Yeah Both....This is so nice....I'll be sure to thank Todd when I see him...I have a case in Federal Court on Monday."laughed Kayla..
"Thank him for me too! for knocking the snot out of that keystone copper."laughed Ray, who had had his run in with Lt. Tragg in the past too!
"I love it when Lt. Tragg screws up..."laughed ADA Rockland Cambridge...
"Me too!" said Olivia and the two shared a hearty laugh...

II-


It was weird , us being in Curleys on a Friday Night... but U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums insisted we all be there for his girlfriend, Vanessa Stevens birthday celebration....
There was a nice big Birthday Cake

and bottles of the finest Champaigne in the house and glasses 
Vanessa was in tears....

''Awwwww thank you Todders and thank you all for coming." she said...Tears just streaming..
"I'm gonna hurt you..." she said laughing through her tears.
"I hope you do." said Todd, laughing raffishly...
"Thank you for inviting us Todd ,oh and thank you for the sandwich trays.."said Olivia..
"Thanks again!" I said.
"I guess we'll be alright...With Todd being here and us being here at his invitation." said Yvette.
"We'd be alright anyway....I'm tired of tip toeing around Lt. Tragg all the time."said Gary, speaking of Lieutenant Tragg.
"I know what you mean...I wouldn't begin to put up with it."said Sean...
"I think he's already pissed at you for marrying me...He just hasn't found a way to get up under your skin yet!" said Brooke, who was sitting on his lap.

Curley gave us an entire section for ourselves and there was plenty to drink...

Todd spared no expense... He had a catered Soul food buffet brought in and placed in the middle of our seating area ,along with the birthday cake and champaigne..All of this was done by Olivia and Alfreda's catering service...
"Wow! Todd didn't spare any expense...Look at this spread."said Beverly...
"Yeah,look at this food!" said Nelson..
Josie cracked up laughing at his remark...
"Nelson is right though, wowwwwww!" said Paris.
''This is a nice spread...Good Food, Good Drinks , a Birthday Cake...wowww!" said Bresha.
"Yeah and you guys got a three day weekend...Who could ask for anything more/" said her husband, Tony.
"I gotta hand it to Todd....He really knows how to impress." said Rockland..
'He's gonna get it tonight when he gets home.." Alfreda laughed.

"I gotta hand it to Todd....He really knows how to impress.What a spread."said Keith.
"He must really be in love...he'd better not screw this one up.."said Bee Bee.
"Oh I think she keeps him in line....She is three years older than him..."said Sofia..
''Whether or not...He obviously enjoys her company." said Kahlil..
"Obviously.."laughed Ms. Jade..
Danny just shook his head...
"This is some good eatin eh husband?" laughed Virginia.
"Yessss LAWWWD!" said Jetty.
"Wow! Todd didn't spare any expense...Look at this spread."said Jazzy.
"Yes it is quite impressive." said her husband, Dabnis...
"I saw her earlier this afternoon...We were both at "PANTIES GALORE" in the mall and she told me her sent her three bouquets of roses and a large sandwich tray and condiment tray." said Natalie.
"You were at PANTIES GALORE??? OH WOW!" said her boyfriend...David Charles.

''Calm down...This is for our wedding night lover boy." laughed Natalie.
Kayla laughed... "He sent Cousin Olivia and Cousin Bev a Sandwich Tray and Condiment Tray too!  I was over there when it came "said Kayla.
"Boy he really had to grease some palms to secure his release from jail.."laughed Ray.
"Serves him right...Maybe he'll stop being so obnoxious." said Jessica.
"Hope springs eternal." said her husband, Chip.
" Yes it does." said Zoey.
''Speak of the Devil and he appears." said Lem, who was just sitting down with a full plate of food and a beer.




Newly released Lt. Tragg walked in... He had a newly tailored suit...New Shoes...A Mani-pedi and every hair in place.. He had on so much make up...you couldn't tell that he'd been busted up in yet another fist fight a few days before... He zeroed in on the center of the bar.. 

"The Nerve of that guy....and in my bar at that!" he snarled.. Furious that Dellums would rub it into his face that he'd gotten him locked up for nearly a week...Not only was he here with his girlfriend, but he had invited Olivia and Beverly and their crew, Yvette and her crew and what he called the hangers on...their group of friends who hung out with them...They were all laughing and eating and drinking and talking.. He had just been released from jail a day ago...He was in no mood to go back to jail ,so he bypassed them and went to the bar....

''How do ya like that Curley?....They brought all of that junk in here? All  that food?" he asked Curley, the owner and head bartender and a former Homicide Detective himself who knew his father.

"Dellums paid Olivia's  caterer to bring in all of the food and the cake  and he brought two bottles of our best champaigne as well as all of that liquor and beer that they are drinking...They spent a lot of money in here tonight....They always do and they tip well...I love them...." said Curley.


Lt. Tragg grumbled... he looked up and he saw ADA Sharon Carter, who was second chair on his case ,walking in...She was with a man  he didn't know....They weren't part of Todd Dellums little get together




They sat at a seperate table....

She smiled.....and waved...

"Breshaaaaa....Tonyyyy, How are you???? Come here....I want you to meet my fiance..."said ADA Sharon Carter..
"Hiiiii Sharon.." said Bresha...
"Hiiiii Sharon...So we meet again.."said Tony...
"Yessssss! Bresha Billips, Tony Billips...This is my fiance, Eric Bishop... He's an Attorney with Luken and Phillips in town.They represent athletes, Boxers mostly....He used to Box professionally himself.. That's how he paid for law school. Eric, Bresha, Tony and I graduated in the same class at Middleton Law School...." she said.
"Pleased to meet you guys... I graduated from Middleton Law School too...I was a little before you guys... I see one of my class mates sitting over there with you..

 Brooke Kennedy...I heard she married a brother...Wowwww!" he chuckled.
''He's a Federal Public Defender, they're our friends , They work in the same building as the law firm I'm with.....My wife here works for Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Beverly West and associates." said Tony...

"Sharon and I are currently facing off against each other in court...I can't wait for this trial to end, so we can go shoe shopping together like we used to do in law school."laughed Bresha.
"YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!"said Sharon,laughing.
"EXCUSE ME!! CAN I HELP YOU?" said Eric Bishop.

"NOOOO YOU CANNOT HELP ME!! I AM HERE TO TALK TO MS. CARTER!" said Lt. Tragg...
"WELL SHE IS MY FIANCE AND SHE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF CONVERSATION WITH HER FRIENDS HERE!"said Eric.
"I DON'T GIVE A MERRY DAMN WHO YOU ARE...I AM HERE TO TALK TO SHARON,  SO BACK OFF PAL!" snarled Lt. Tragg..
"Hey , Hey , Hey, Hold up...Don't disrespect my fiance...How dare you....I was in the middle of converstaion with my two friends here...I haven't seen them since we graduated from law school together." said Sharon Carter.

Of course that meant nothing to Lt. Tragg....

''I DON'T CARE!!! MS. BRESHA BILLIPS HERE is co counsel to Sylvia Peterson who you are prosecuting...She works for Olivia and Beverly...You should not be socializing with her...Not during the trial...It is not a good look! Bresha...You and your husband, should go back on over there with your friends at your little party."said Lt. Tragg.

"HEY MAN, WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK OVER TO THE BAR AND MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS? HUH?? YOU DON'T DICTATE TO ANYBODY WHO THEY CAN AND CAN NOT TALK TO....WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??  WE WERE ALL HAVING A NICE TIME...GET AWAY FROM OUR TABLE!"said Eric, who was getting angrier by the second..


"Mind your business pal, this does not concern you...Now shut up and back off before you get a fat lip and get yourself in a world of trouble..."snarled Lt. Tragg.



"Let me explain it to you like this...We have been trying this case for a week now...A case in which we have received little to no help from you...A case you brought in, which frankly ,I don't know how you even got an indictment...but I won't discuss this here...We've been doing just fine without you...And Nicole said as far as she's concerned, you don't have to return on Monday when our continuance is up...So leave me alone...I can talk to anybody I choose to at anytime...This conversation is over...So go on back over to the bar and leave us alone."said Sharon..

"YOU HEARD HER, GET AWAY FROM THIS TABLE! I'M NOT GONNA ASK YOU AGAIN!!" said Eric.


"YOU KNOW!!! I'VE HAD ABOUT AS MUCH OF YOU AS I CARE TO TAKE BUDDY!" said Lt. Tragg....

We heard the loud voices being raised from where we were sitting..

"Oh Lawd, Not tonight... He just got out of jail...Can't he just mellow out, for once?" I said..
"Oh my god... I had hoped this wouldn't happen tonight..." said Olivia..


"I know him...We graduated from Law School together...That's Eric Bishop......He used to be a local boxer.....He took  his winnings and used that to finance his education and eventually his law school...he graduated and passed the bar and now represents local Black and Latino Athletes...He's a good guy, but don't cross him." said Brooke...

"I think the good Lieutenant is about to find out." said Jessica.
"Oh Lord..." said her husband, Chip.


A Punch was thrown...We didn't know who threw the first punch...

But Sharon's fiance...fired off  10 lefts and 10 rights to Lt. Tragg's face...sending him spinning around like  a top....Now the other customers were engaged...watching Lt. Tragg getting pummelled...once again...Everyone at our tables were either howling with laughter or astounded...


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUF!" groaned Lt. Tragg, who  staggered, then swung two haymakers, missing with both.. and stumbling off guard...He swung again and had his punch blocked...He tried to throw another punch, but missed again and Sharon's fiance cracked him hard in his jaw, spinning him around again and then landed 18 lefts and 18 right body shots to his torso..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUF!" he moaned in pain himself.. blood spewing from his nose, his lip swollen and his eyes swollen also..He folded over in pain and hit the floor again....

He groaned as he got to his feet...breathing heavily and embarrassed at the way he was being beaten like a drum in front of everyone..



Eric hit him with 17 lefts and 17 rights to his face..  and then one well placed left  right combonation that sent Lt. Tragg flying into a table, knocking the table and chairs over...and landing flat on his face on the floor again.

The other customers gasped...Some laughed. A lot laughed and clapped and whistled.





"DAMNNNNN!" said Nelson and Tony in unison...


"OH MY GOD!!!" said Bresha.


"My Fiance used to be a boxer....That's how he paid for his undergraduate education at Temple University and Middleton Law School....I should've warned Lt. Tragg." said Sharon Carter.



"He got knocked the hell out!"said Paris.
"This makes two times in less than a week."said Keith..
"Beverly told me that Todd Dellums knocked him from one room into the next room.."said Bee Bee...
"She told me too! She was laughing so hard, she could hardly get the story out and she was making me laugh too!"said  Sofia, laughing herself..
"Wowww that dude, whoever he is, stretched him out..." said Kahlil.
"I know him...He's an Attorney...We worked a case together once...WOWWWWWW! I think he said he used to Box at one time.."said David Charles...
"Guess Lt. Tragg messed around and found out tonight huh?" said Ray...
"Sho Nuff." said Chip.
Sean cracked up laughing...

''Aye Mios Dios." said Jessica.

"Is he dead? "asked Josie..

"He's not dead...we wouldn't be so lucky!" said Alfreda, snickering a little.

"I know right?" laughed Virginia.


"I thought I put a whoopin on him but myyyyyy goodness..." said Jetty.

Lt. Tragg was down for the count...but he was alive, breathing...He rolled over just then.

Beverly was laughing so hard, she fell out of her chair...Jazzy, Kayla and Natalie helped her up...They were laughing too!
"Get Up Girl....It's not that funny."said Jazzy, who was laughing herself..
"Actually it is." said Kayla..who was laughing hysterically...
"Your husband thinks so."said Natalie, who enjoyed the entire thing.


Jade, Dabnis and Todd were laughing so hard...they were holding each other....

''At least it isn't someone from our group for a change."said Olivia.
"Yeah thank god.."said Yvette

"Why does he always have to ruin things when he is around?"asked Vanessa.
"He's not ruining anything baby girl..We are right here with you, having a good time, enjoying ourselves. and we are going to continue to."said Zoey.






Gary, Lem , Rockland and Danny smiled, but barely looked up from their plates...They were too busy eating.



Curley picked up the table and chairs that was knocked over and got a woozy Lt. Tragg up off the floor..

"Gotdamnit Artie, why can't you just back off, for once? Just leave people alone huh?? They weren't bothering you, they weren't causing a disturbance...They were drinking and talking....but no YOUU, You had to get in somebody's face...You're lucky you're not going to jail tonight...  Greta, get him some coffee and some water.."said Curley...


Curley gave Eric and Sharon two free drinks and apologized profusely for Lt. Tragg's behavior.. 
They drank their two drinks, got up and quietly left..


Lt. Tragg sat by himself at a table in the back...completely dazed....He was given a hot steaming cup of of coffee and some water...





Once again...Both of his eyes were blackened and swollen shut...His lip was swollen, His nose was bleeding a little and the sleeve of his suit was ripped nearly off.   His hair was a mess...He looked like hell.. One week and two devestating fights...He fell asleep at the table...He didn't notice us when we were leaving at 2:30 in the morning...






We enjoyed the rest of the night and we all loaded up on the buses and our catering van without incident at 2:30 when we finally cleared out...




Todd Dellums and Vanessa Stevens were the last ones to leave..They were standing at the door kissing passionately and left at 2:45 AM.....

We all went home....


Olivia and I were relaxing in our living room. Chilling out after the night we had...

"Give me a kiss baby.....On second thought...I'll give you a kiss." she said..
"Ouuuuuuuuuu I like that." I said.

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" she cooed.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" I moaned..

I pulled Olivia's top off  slowly and unzippered her skirt..

We began kissing passionately in the doorway of our bedroom...



I took  her in my arms and continued kissing her passionately.....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu, you are such a smooth operator.. No other man could ever get me out of my clothes and strip me down to my panties and bra as smooth as you do." said Olivia in between kisses...

''I am smooth aint I? " I said...

"Smooth and Horny." she laughed.





I took my clothes off and helped her out of her clothes....

"My Panties and Bra aren't matching today either. but I like these particular panties." she whispered.

"I don't care. I like em too" I said.

"Of course you do." she giggled.

.We continued kissing, Olivia's lips were so butter soft, the way I remembered from the first time I ever kissed her in New Orleans..I was near delirium...just kissing her...

I thrusted my tongue practically down her throat and while squeezing one breast with my hand... and I lifted her up and positioned her on me as I entered her and began thrusting away...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO, OH MY GODDDD YOU ARE ALL UP IN THIS!!!! UMMMMMMM!!!!! YOU MAKE IT SOOO EASY TO FORGET ABOUT ...OUUUUUU, THE PROBLEMS OF THE DAY!!! OH MY GODDDDDD!!!!" she screamed as I continued to thrust , harder and feverishly more.....




A HALF HOUR slowly oozed by...I felt so good...I wasn't even close to stopping..




"Ouuuu husband you are doing the damn thing...UMMMMMM" she said..


 I laid her across her bed , a few minutes later and I entered her softly and gently and began to stroke her softly and slowly.

...She moaned and put her arms around my neck and drew me closer to her..I kissed her neck, between her breasts, her cheeks....She continued to kiss my lips and my ears and my chest...

"Ohhh My God...I can't believe how good this  feels!" she moaned..

"Me neither!" I said.

She wrapped her legs around my waste and we began to move in a slow, yet deliberate rhythm for quite some time...She matched me thrust for thrust and even kissed my shoulder at one point...She was so soft...so moist and smelled so good...I was losing my mind....She was shaking and looking like she was on the verge of crying the entire time.......

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...OHHH MY GOODNESS...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" she moaned loudly ,obviously not caring who heard us....


We made sweet passionate and intense love like this for EIGHT TO NINE HOURS.. Olivia began to shake and gyrate and tears began to stream down her face again....I was surprised at how passionate she still was ...

"It's sooooooooooooooo goooddd...Oh my godddddddddddddd it's soooooo gooood Oh my Goddd Donnie Ray....ohhhhh don't stoppp, don't stopp...don't ever stop...ouuuuuuuuuuuu" she screamed as I mounted her from behind on the floor of our bedroom..



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" she screamed...

I came like a gusher....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" I moaned...

She smiled....Her mouth was wide open as she stared at me...

"Wow!  THAT WAS AWESOME...WOW! OUUU HUSBAND...YOU WERE JUST SHOWING OFF IN THIS BED!! MYYYY GOOODNESS! ARE YOU ON SOMETHING? MY GOD...I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE EVER GONNA CUM!!" she exclaimed....

I smiled and gently felt her breasts...I gently kissed both of them....She leaned over and kissed me again..

"You were so..so intense....You made me cum like four times..OUUUUUUU!. I DON'T... I DON'T BELIEVE YOU STILL WANT SOME MORE!" She smiled. She was still shaking as she continued to kiss me...

", Wouuuuuuu!!" she whispered.. "I do this to you? I turn you on like this?" she said...

"Yessss!" I whispered softly.....

"Thank you and you're welcome......" she said...

She gave me a nice sloppy, wet kiss....I pulled her to me and kissed her too..She felt my still very hard and engorged penis...Her mouth opened wide..

"OH MY GOD ! YOU ARE SO DAMN HARD AND BIG!" she whispered.

"Ouuuuuuu...It's all for you, every inch."I laughed as we continued kissing and I mounted her once again...




"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Oh My goodness!!!! DONNIE RAY!!!!  OUUUUUUUUU!" she replied smiling and slowly kissing me as I entered her again...She was so warm,so moist...so inviting..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray...ohhhh my goddd!..Ouuuuuuuu..." she cried out...as the bed began to squeak....The headboard slammed against the wall....She stared at me almost in disbelief.....

Another TWO TO THREE HOURS of sweet and tender lovemaking continued....We were both going to be very tired tomorrow ...but neither of us cared at the moment...Not like we had to be anywhere at any time..

She began to blow softly in my ear ,in between soft , wet kisses..which turned me on even more...and within Twenty minutes... I exploded like a gusher ...Holding her tightly....Her body shook a little too..Tears ran down the side of her face..her body began shaking and her head turned from side to side...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...myyy goodnessss.." she exclaimed...still shaking like a church woman testifying......

We continued to hold each other for a few minutes....

 
This was a nice ending after the day and night we had had.

She fell asleep soundly on my chest....This trial awaited us on Monday.



III-

MONDAY MORNING- The preliminary hearing continues

"Heyyyy folks, I brought us some coffees." I said.
"Ouuuuuuu thank you!"said Olivia.
"Thanks Donnie Ray."said Beverly...
"Just what the doctor ordered."said Nelson..
"Thank you , Thank you so much..." said Our Client..
"Oh Donnie Ray, you read our minds.."said Josie.
"He did.. Actually, I'm hungry, but this will do." said Bresha...

Across from us sat Assistant District Attorney Nicole Edwards....
"Good Morning Sharon...We really got our asses handed to us last week... I'm ready to dismiss charges...I doubt that this thing will make trial...but I'm going to make my closing argument this morning. Oh Thanks for the coffee....I really need this..I'm tired and hungry."said Nicole Edwards. 


"You're welcome...Guess who's out of jail and who will be with us today? Lieutenant Arthur Tragg.....He really made an ass out of himself Friday Night at Curley's....I saw Olivia ,Beverly and their people there...They were having a birthday party for somebody.... I was talking to Bresha and her husband...We graduated from law school together...He Bogarts himself into my conversation and tells my fiance to back off or he'll get a fat lip.....Eric mopped the floor with him...He was still unconscious when we left..." said Sharon Carter.


Lt. Tragg walked up just then, Both of his eyes were still blackened and nearly swollen shut...His lips were still swollen...and his right cheek was still discolored..He looked at Sharon ...

"Tell your fiance...that I'm planning to bring him up on charges." he said.

"I think you'd better steer clear of my fiance..." said Sharon.

"Artie , we really don't need you here today....I'm making my closing argument in a few minutes...I doubt if the judge is going to hold this over for trial..This was the absolute worst case you've brought in, no forensic evidence, no credible eyewitnesses, evidence so circumstantial, no jury in their right mind would convict...Why don't you go home or back to your office?" said Nicole.

She knew saying that was a waste of time.


"Look that woman is as guilty as sin....Now while I was gone I discovered that this guy was in witness protection for 6 years...The Feds hid him...We didn't know..He came in from the cold and was fouling up his wife's plans to cash in and remarry...She had a million dollar life insurance policy on him..."said Lt. Tragg with a superior glance.


"Old News....We already know all of that.....with no help from you. Plus...he had a million dollar life insurance policy on her too! You didn't know that., did you?In 7 years ,she didn't touch a penny of his money...and you have no proof she was anywhere near him on the day he died..You have no Forensic evidence, No credible eyewitnesses, Nothing." said  Sharon Carter.


He was beginning to dislike Sharon Carter as much as he disliked Beverly West and Natalie Tennison...




"She's right Artie, you gave us a bogus case ." said Nicole..



Lt. Tragg remembered years ago when Nicole Edwards was a young detective..she was gorgeous, She turned quite a few heads in the department...She put herself through law school at night.. She graduated and passed the bar and left the department and packed on the pounds..Now as an Assistant District Attorney she was bossy and obnoxious..

The last day of the Prosecutions Case in the preleminaries began... Olivia , Beverly and Nelson sat with Sylvia and talked quietly, waiting for the Judge to come out.
'Sylvia..I suspect that ADA Edwards will give her closing argument today...We have a solid defense planned....I am going to give my sumnation this morning and wrap this thing up.
"Yes...The state  has no proof you were anywhere near him on the day he died..They have no Forensic evidence, No credible eyewitnesses, Nothing." said Beverly.
"And thanks to modern technology and a few witnesses..We can prove where you were baby girl." said Nelson smiling.
"Ohhh thank you...You guys are the absolute best." said Sylvia.
"You could walk out of here free and clear today." said Josie.
''Yes...hopefully you will." said Bresha.
"Here comes the Judge now." I said.
Judge Julie Wong walked in....she addressed us.

"Frankly, based on last week's testimony or lack of it.. I am prepared to throw this case out.. I find it meritless, but Ms. Edwards....I will allow you to make your closing arguments." she said.
Assistant District Attorney made her closing argument , which wasn't very convincing at all, it was as if she didn't believe what she was saying at all..
Second chair,ADA Sharon Carter sat there glaring angrilly at Lt. Tragg, bad enough he had brought in a terrible case, badly investigated, made up of little more than hearsay...but he had ruined her Friday night out with her fiance..

Lt. Tragg sat there oblivious to the havoc he had caused...barely listening to the Judge.


"Mrs. Bennett-Alexander, do you wish to present a defense?" asked Judge Julie Wong.

"Yes I do your honor." said Olivia.


Lt. Tragg stared at Olivia.. She was an attractive woman, he thought to himself...More attractive than anyone in here right now..




He thought of her over the years...Their many legal clashes....Still it was never personal between them...They always maintained a semi cordial relationship...

Then there was her niece, Beverly, just as pretty as she could be.. but so mouthy....If not for that mouth on her.. She'd be perfect...he thought.





He thought Olivia's other niece (actually her cousin) Kayla, also an attorney was beautiful too...butshe like Beverly had an attitude problem he thought....

"LIEUTENANT TRAGG!!! YOU'VE BEEN CALLED TO THE WITNESS STAND!" said Judge Julie Wong!
"Oh...Oh...Sorry your honor!" said an embarrassed and bewildered Lt. Tragg.
Nicole whispered to Sharon... "Look at him...daydreaming about either me or Olivia....The man's mind is on sex around the clock..That's all he thinks about." she said.
''Yeah that and annoying the hell out of people."said Sharon Carter.


IV-



"Lt. Tragg , six years ago you arrested my client for murder, the murder of this same man, who was merely missing...you had next to no evidence, just like now..only rumors and hearsay and luckily...we were able to get her acquitted and it turned out.. Her husband was actually alive all this time. You nearly sent her to death row and she was innocent and now six years later, you arrest her again on the same charge...and still with no basis.. or do you have basis?" asked Olivia.

"Yes, for one...We have a body this time with a neat hole right between the eyes and a motive...Motive Liv!  Sylvia Peterson was indeed innocent the first go around...You and your niece were hired by a guy named Lockjoy...Jason Lockjoy, Peterson's Broker....Bag man really...and a transfer of funds was made from his account to Theirs for payment, get this TWO DAYS after Roderick Peterson was said to have vanished.. You didn't catch it!!!. I  didn't  even  catch it... The guy was alive all along...but now after six years...He comes in from the cold.. He calls and meets with his ex-wife...but now things are different...She's involved with, engaged to another man and in just one more year he's going to be declared legally dead, she can forgo a divorce and collect on a million dollar insurance policy....She can't have him still walking around, fouling everything up....So she kills him for real this time ,makes sure he's dead."said Lt. Tragg.
"That's a nice story... but did you know he had a million dollar life insurance policy on her too!? And even though he called her and they did meet two days before he was killed. Her phone records prove that there was no more contact between them...Her credit and debit cards, which we have here will bare me out on that.  You arrested her 48 hours after the body was discovered floating in the river..You arrested her again on theory... You have no forensic evidence...You have no eyewitnesses to this crime and you don't even know where this crime was committed, yet you arrested my client again and put her life , her future in jeopardy again with less proof than you had last time you took up this flight of fancy."said Olivia.
"I do not take flights of fancy as you say..I make cases..I bring in solid investigations." said Lt. Tragg.

A couple of uniformed officers in the courtroom snickered at that remark. Lt. Tragg glared angrilly at them.
''Did you even read the final autopsy report?" asked Beverly. "It stated that due to the temperature of the water...The body could have been there anywhere from a day to two to three hours. So how could you put Mrs. Peterson at the scene?  I have two bus tickets here and three witnesses who can testify to the fact that She was in fact in Atlantic City at Borgato at least 24 hours before the estimated time of Roderick Peterson's death, not only with these three women , but with her boyfriend." said Beverly.
Lt. Tragg was astounded....
Nelson had  her smartwatch and her phone..and a 64 inch monitor.

"Thanks to the wonder of modern technology, this watch and this phone, owned by the defendent, which you confiscated , but failed to look at details her movements the entire week up until and after her one meeting with her estranged and missing husband."said Nelson...
"Her credit and debit card records show where she was and how much she spent....Did you even look at her finances Lieutenant?" asked Josie.
And finally...while he was in witness protection...He was operating under a new identity...Thomas Jones with new credit and debit cards, a new bank account and a new phone...We were able to trace his movements via the GPS on his phone to a Camden Address...We don't know...and unlike you we are only theorizing that Roderick Peterson , now known as Thomas Jones was murdered in Camden and dropped in the river and his body floated into Philadelphia waters.." said Bresha.

'What we do know and can prove is that our client was nowhere near Camden or any other place that Roderick Peterson , now known as Thomas Jones was. No further questions...the Defense Rests." said Olivia.
"I wished he had stayed away.." said Nicole Edwards...She looked at me and shook her head.. "I sure wish he was our investigator....Damnn Olivia gets her money's worth out of him and in the bed..." she whispered to to Sharon Carter..
I could feel them both looking at me.
Sharon Carter smiled. "Bresha is so lucky to be working with good attorneys and a good investigator like that.

"I- I don't find any merit in this case at all and no reason to hold this over for trial...I am dismissing all charges  against Mrs. Peterson. This case is closed..."said Judge Julie Wong.

U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums was there, he spoke to us in the hallway...

"Your case would have been dismissed anyway.. We got the ballistics back from the .22 found with Joey Torres body...it's a match...He more than likely killed Roderick Peterson...Oh and his death was no suicide..He was murdered...Now we have to look into who killed him." said Todd.


"Always something huh?" I said.

''Always something...Thanks again for the use of your caterer this weekened..That food was slammin and that cake was incredible...Thank You all for coming." said Todd.

"Oh you're welcome..."said Olivia.
''Thank you guys. Hopefully I won't have to call on your services again..." said Sylvia.
"Come and Hang out with us in a place where we don't have to worry about you know who..You can relax and enjoy yourself with no stress...this weekend." said Josie.
''Yeah, no stress..it'll be a good time."said Nelson.
"You deserve it."said Josie.
"Now this case is over....You and me can dish and go shoe shopping...You familliar with the No ID Bar?" asked Bresha.
''Sure Am....I can meet you there Friday." said Sharon Carter.
Lt, Tragg was addressing the press as usual.

"It was the Feds....They kept a lot of information from not only the police department, but from the attorneys involved....This whole thing might have been resolved if not for the Feds lack of transparency." he said to the press corps, naturally not taking any of the blame himself for rushing to judgement, both times and arresting this poor woman.


I just smiled and shook my head...the end of one of our most bizzare cases.


EPILOUGE-


No One claimed the bodies of either Roderick Peterson or his killer Joey Torres....Joey Torres was believed to be the likely murderer of Roderick Peterson... but no one knows who murdered Torres and made it look like a suicide. That case is still opened and both bodies were buried in unmarked graves in a potter's field..

Sylvia Peterson sued the City of Philadelphia for False Arrest and Unneccesary Harrasment!

Acting as her Attorney, Dabnis Coley sued the City of Philadelphia for Harrassment and False Arrest.
Naming Lt. Arthur Tragg as the "Un named Plaintiff" The City settled for 2.5 Million dollars

Friday Night at The No ID Bar, our new hangout spot..


We had our caterer deliver a catered Italian meal to the bar...which was placed in the center of the bar with tables for our group...

Beverly, Nelson, Jazzy, Dabnis, Kayla, Ray, Natalie, David and Josie and Paris sat at one table.

"It was nice of them to section off an area just for us and our friends.."said Beverly..
"We provide the food...with a promise to buy lots of drinks...which we always do and naturally they accommodate us." said Nelson.
''We are becoming their best and most consistent customers." said Jazzy.
"We are here every Saturday Morning for Brunch..."said Dabnis...
"Yes and we are doing "Laundry Day" next Saturday...We are going to stop by here for Brunch and then head to that laundromat with only lunch foods this time." said Kayla.
"You and Beverly really know how to hook things up."laughed her husband, Ray...
"Just think, if they weren't attorneys , they could be party planners" joked Natalie...
''Well they keep all of us with cool things to do on the weekends..."said David..
"Don't they now? Before I hooked up with them, I spent many weekends bored with nothing to do and nobody to do it with,."said Josie.
"Yeah, me too!"said Paris.

 Directly behind them....Jessica Sanchez Burrows, Charles "Chip "Burrows,Brooke and Sean Mars,
Keith, Bee Bee,Sofia, Kahlil , Jade and Danny sat.

''Everything is delicious."said Jessica.
"Yes it is....and tonight...this Friday, they'll be no interruption or fight started by a certain Lieutenant, who won't be named.."said her husband, Chip....
"This bar was me and Natalie's secret until that night we ran into all of you guys in here...and remember ,Lt. Tragg followed us here...He had put a GPS Tracker on my car..."said Brooke.
"What is with that guy?  Well, he hasn't been here since...and hopefully he won't come here." said Sean.
"Yes, hopefully" said Keith Jones..

"Forget about him...He's not here...so let's just enjoy the good company and fellowship and good food and good drinks."said Bee Bee.
"Here Here."said Sofia.
"Amen to that!" said Kahlil.
Jade raised a glass of Beer in a mock toast....
Her husband Danny Laughed.

At another table, Olivia and I sat with Yvette and Gary, Sylvia Peterson, Alfreda and Rockland , Virginia ,  Jetty Zoey and Lem at another table

"Lieutenant Tragg was correct about one thing...The Feds kept everybody out of the loop on this...The D.A.'s office, me and my staff....The Philadelphia Police...It's a shame this poor woman had to go through this ordeal twice."said Olivia.
"They had placed Roderick Peterson in witness protection, placed him in a city across the country with a new name, new identity.....Had he of stayed put...He'd still be alive...but he came in out of the cold..Not knowing that an old enemy was also out of prison... The thing I never knew is how did Torres know he was back in Philly??....Somebody tipped him off....and why was Torres out of prison? He had a 30 year sentence and he does six to seven years and he's out and the rest of his flunkies are still in....Makes me think he cut his own side deal with the feds , who are still closed mouth about him and who killed him."I said,
"That's all true...but if Lt. Tragg hadn't rushed to judgement and made a ridiculous arrest, both times with absolutely no proof, you all wouldn't be privy to any of this."said Yvette...She was right...
"If...If is a big word darlin.....Plus you know how Lt. Tragg rolls.."said Gary.
"I wish he didn't have qualified immunity.....Dabnis and I successfully sued the city of Philadelphia for false arrest and imprisonment. I won 2.5 million in a settlement...I sure wish I could've sued him directly." said Sylvia.
"Oh don't worry....another lawsuit...a second one because of him is going to put some pressure on that menace..." said Alfreda,laughing...
"Yeah.....you can bet he'll hear about this whole fiasco...If he isn't already."laughed Rockland....
"Good for him...I can't think of a more deserving fellow."laughed Virginia.
"I see a ride on the river in his immediate future."laughed Jetty.
"He stays in trouble...I wonder how he keeps a job." said Zoey...
"Yeah, I wonder that too!" said Lem

As we all continued eating and drinking, laughing and talking.

Bresha and Tony sat with her friends, ADA Sharon Carter and her fiance, Eric Bishop at the final table.
"Ummmm this is soooooo good.. I'm so glad you and your fiance came out tonight... This is our way of making up for what happened a few weeks ago in Curleys, I guaruntee you Lt. Tragg won't be in here tonight..He doesn't even know , we hang out in this bar..."said Bresha, enjoying a cold creamy pasta salad..



"Eric and I don't live too far from here...We always thought this was a hipster joint."said Sharon Carter, who was enjoying a plate of Spaghetti.

''Well it is...but we kinda made it ours...Most of us work across the street in the Bridge Building, so we started coming here after work...We all live in the same neighborhood and Olivia in addition to having a law firm across the street from us , owns a piece of a Catering company...The company that provided the soul food meal at Curleys and the Italian Meal tonight...And a Bus Company......The Buses that will take us all home..So we won't be driving under the influence.." said Tony...
"This is real nice... A real nice set up and you guys are all really nice people." said Eric.

''Next week, Beverly ,Josie and I have a court appointment..We are refiling some briefs in a case...How bout we pick you up...We do a little shoe shopping and we have lunch at Sam Mother's Diner..?" said Bresha.


"Good , call me when you're coming....I don't think I'll be tied up with any court cases.."said Sharon..

''What about that asshole, Lt. Tragg, doesn't he eat in there?" asked Eric.

"You won't have to worry about him for at least 90 days..."laughed Tony

"After that lawsuit, the 2.5 million , our client was paid...The City put him on the Marine Boat out on the river...He is off the streets.."laughed Bresha..


"Hallelujah!! Just 90 days?? I wish it was permanent."laughed Sharon as all four laughed in unison..


Lt. Tragg sat on the boat, taking a swig from a bottle of Jameson's Whiskey.... He was livid as the boat pulled off.. It was a Friday Night..

"This was Dabnis Coley....Wait until I see him....If it's the last thing I do...I'm going to get even with him!  Todd Dellums tooo!  OUUUUUUUUUUU, just wait!" he groaned..

As his boat pulled off and headed out into the waters of the river.

FOR SLC

No comments:

Post a Comment